Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Z
Z
Who keeps a mattress in their kitchen?

Ah well. H's actions are a reflection of him, not you. Joke about if needed, you're out of there soon!

Mid 30's
Psych-abusive M with violent tantrums from XH
D 9/15; NC forever on

You can't DR your way out of abuse.

S
susana4 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Zelda09
Who keeps a mattress in their kitchen?

The 20 year olds he's decided to hang out with in an effort to revisit his teenage days!!!
crazy

Me 28 / H 28
M 1 / T 2.5
BOMB 12-3-14 "I don't feel like myself any more"
Still living together, separate rooms.
Z
Z
So he's got a confident, mature, vivacious, loving, and committed partner that has transcended an ocean of suffering out of character and commitment to continue to carry the cross and try to sustain the dream of growing closer together, learning to communicate better, having the bonds that form from working through difficult times, sharing a family, and holding hands through retirement-

And he is willing to punt it to roll blunts, play tetris, and have a few flings with some bar flies?

This won't just be the stupidest decision he'll ever make in his lifetime...it might rank as the second stupidest decision ever made by anyone right behind adam/eve tasting that apple.

Seriously, I am proud of you for the road you've walked and know you will be a blessing to someone. Please do drop posts now and then. We'd love to hear about the matador you meet! (I know nothing about Spain). Ole or something!

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
S
S
Welcome back Susana, and I'm sorry to hear about BD2. I agree with others, your H is a chump right now and is making poor choices IMHO. But I'm glad you are also seeing this as a beginning of your new life....and in Spain too!

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
A
A
susana, you are dodging a bullet with that one. I'm stating the obvious when I say that your H sounds very immature and unhealthy and you will be much better off without him. I'm happy for you about your plans for Spain! You will do great, I can tell.

M: 43 H: 39
D: 14
Married 15 Together 16
BD: 6/2014
S: 8/2014
OW revealed 10/2014
Instigated dissolution 12/2014, in progress
So over it!
B
B
Susana, glad to have an update from you, sad to read the update.

But I get the impression you are going to be just fine, Spain will be very lucky to have you.

*hugs*

Me:43, WW:45
2 Kids: 21,22
Married: 23 Years
Bomb: 01/2015
Separate Bedrooms: 02/2015
She left: 03/2015
S
S
Originally Posted By: Zues126
So he's got a confident, mature, vivacious, loving, and committed partner that has transcended an ocean of suffering out of character and commitment to continue to carry the cross and try to sustain the dream of growing closer together, learning to communicate better, having the bonds that form from working through difficult times, sharing a family, and holding hands through retirement-

And he is willing to punt it to roll blunts, play tetris, and have a few flings with some bar flies?

This won't just be the stupidest decision he'll ever make in his lifetime...it might rank as the second stupidest decision ever made by anyone right behind adam/eve tasting that apple.

Classic. whistle whistle whistle whistle

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
T
T
LOL Zues!!!!!

Classic, indeed.

Susana, my dear, everything you have learned the past several months will carry with you. You've always been a remarkable person; we've been able to tell that from Day One. Now, you have what it takes to be a remarkable partner!!! I'm not even suggesting you weren't a great partner before. But you've gone and slapped some icing on the cake that is Susana. wink

There's somebody out there who is gonna be so happy for the day that I believe your H will spend his life regretting.

You are marvelous, darling.

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
M
M
Susana - I'm sorry you came back to a child when you needed a man. I was really hoping the time in Romania would help. As others have said Spain is lucky to have you!

Me: 32 W: 29 T:8 M: 6 D4 S2
M - 8/2008
W is not happy - 1/2014
W wants D - 9/2014
W moved out - 11/2014
D filed - 1/23/2015
D'ed - 2/25/2015
Gave X the Letter - 11/10/2015
S
susana4 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you everyone for your supportive and lovely comments!! Especially Train and Zues (lol!).

Yesterday I was officially accepted into the teaching course I applied to in Spain. smile so now it's just a matter of getting everything sorted and I'm planning to move in mid June if all goes according to plan!

I'm really sad to be leaving my life here behind...but I'm very much looking forward to a fresh start and I think it will be great. I'm nowhere near being ready to date but my friends and I now have a running joke about Pablo, the handsome spanish chef I'm apparently going to meet. wink

Thanks again to everyone for all your support and I wish that no matter what happens in your sitch, it ends happily!

Me 28 / H 28
M 1 / T 2.5
BOMB 12-3-14 "I don't feel like myself any more"
Still living together, separate rooms.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard