Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Karma12 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hey V...gotta love you. I will be leaving on Sept 8 for the UK...there for three days the Nice France for Five days then back to the UK ( Glasgow ) until the 23rd. Looking forward to traveling and having a break from work.

Me 52 H 44
T9 M 5
BD 12/11 H
split 8/12
OW moved in 12/12
OW gone for good 6/14
We get closer again 9/14
SD 13 Me 4 Grown

Accept what is...let go of what was and have faith in what will be.
V
V
You will not believe this but I am in Glasgow for an annual conference I go to, at the same time! It's unbelievable, the five links thing.

How crazy coincidence. I suggest we both stand in our respective rooms at a set time and toast the sky either sunset or sunrise.

Have you been to Edinburgh, which is a very short train ride away, I have some amazing recommendations there. You have to have Haggis, Neeps and whiskey gravy, or Scottish smoked salmon or beef or...............

Maybe you already have had.

Love it, love it,............

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

K
Karma12 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Oh wow V! Lol

I have been to Edinburgh at least four times. Lol My son is presently working there. He takes the train there every day. I was born in Glasgow and my family moved to Canada when I was just four. I have lots of family still over there and have been back a number of times to visit. I will be going there more so as my Son has his GF over there and too good a job to leave. His GFs Ma lives in the highlands ( I've never been up there yet) so we will be having a weekend up there as well. I will be in Europe for two weeks including our side trip to France. I will most definetly be tipping a glass in your honour. We will share a special bonding moment!

Me 52 H 44
T9 M 5
BD 12/11 H
split 8/12
OW moved in 12/12
OW gone for good 6/14
We get closer again 9/14
SD 13 Me 4 Grown

V
V
The date is getting closer!

V

V 64, WAW

K
Karma12 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi V....

Yes it is and I am getting excited.

I am away this weekend in Whistler with SD. We are having a quick girls get away before she goes back to school.

Funny how things change when you aren't as attached to the out come. STBX has been working on his law suit with his Dad's Will. He seems to be now dealing with some of the emotions he buried when his Dad passed. When I went by to pick up SD he was talking to me about the case and he was teary when I was telling him things I had remembered. I find we are very comfortable around each other and to see us talk together you would never know we had a problem. I have noticed too he will worry if he thinks I may be mad if he takes to long to reply to a text and will explain himself. He tells me all about what he's doing with his case and wants me to read all his documents and tell him what I think. Interesting that he is sharing so much and trusting me with a lot of information. I'm just being myself and being friendly when I see him while continuing on with my own life. He sure seems to be following what they say on the MLC forum though.

I will pop onto your thread V and see how you are too. Thanks for checking in.

Hugs,

Me 52 H 44
T9 M 5
BD 12/11 H
split 8/12
OW moved in 12/12
OW gone for good 6/14
We get closer again 9/14
SD 13 Me 4 Grown

V
V
If STBX is working on his issues with his dad, I think that's a good sign he is growing up, a tiny weeny little bit!

The concern about you being cross, could be genuine? Was that ever an issue?

Can that be handled with humour perhaps, a jokey whimsy, something frippery and frivolous.

I just loooooove girlie giggles, what a pleasure to splash and spoil. I wish we could go giggly when you come to the UK.

Tons of hugs

V

V 64, WAW

K
Karma12 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi V,

I do have a good sense of humor and a Scottish quick wit. My STBX was so emotionally shut down before we split that I could have screamed like a banshee and he would not have noticed or cared. It is only now or recently that I am noticing he seems to care (at least to some degree) what I think of him.

I don't think I realized how much his Dad dying affected him. He seemed so detached from his passing and I thought at the time that he had not mourned and just went on as normal. Now it seems he just stuffed all his feelings down so he didn't have to deal with them. He was asking me questions about different events before his Dad passed. STBX does not have a good memory while I have the memory of an Elephant. STBX remarked at how he was amazed at the detail I could remember. It also I think reminded him of our life when we were together. Not just the rewritten past....he chose to remember. SD noticed that her D had brought up the fact that I was one of the few people who could read his hand writing. Lol .

I am glad he is seeming to be closer to the end of the MLC tunnel. Who knows if he will grow enough for me but any growth will be better for him and SD.

Big Hugs

Me 52 H 44
T9 M 5
BD 12/11 H
split 8/12
OW moved in 12/12
OW gone for good 6/14
We get closer again 9/14
SD 13 Me 4 Grown

V
V
At 10 tomorrow night I shall be toasting you with a glass of bubbly

Cheers Karma, enjoy Scotland

V

BTW I can teach you the full mastery of screaming banshee and the five key techniques

Last edited by Vanilla; 09/16/15 08:26 PM.

V 64, WAW

M
M
Hi there! Hope you are well. How was Glasgow?

Me: 36
Him: 36
DD: 3y
DD2: 1.5mo
Together: 5y
Married: > 3y
D: April 1st '15 after 1y of affairs
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard