Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2553105 04/01/15 12:13 PM
S
OP Offline
S
There IS life after divorce. Many of us have found out it can be wonderful! For me - I wanted to find someone new. I knew that would add to my happiness. I also worked hard to determine and achieve my goals: Financial stability, retirement, travel, good family ties, move to a calmer place.

Today marks 12 years since I had my first date with Josh. Yes - we met online. No - we did not live "nearby". We lived 90 min apart (not in rush hour) and had such busy lives that we only got together on Saturdays for the first couple of years. We talked on the phone a couple of nights a week as well - not every single night. But we were committed to making it work and it has.

We have travelled to places on our Bucket List. Shared so many good times and also some sad (we both lost our Moms during this time).Connected our families. Bought our dream house on the lake together. Made our own "family" albeit with 2 fluffy kitties as our "fur kids".

There can be a GOOD life after divorce. Go for what you really want. Make it happen. Be open to possibilities. Sometimes the best gifts don't come in familiar packaging - but give them a chance.

I love my life. Not much I would change.

Today, on April Fool's Day - we celebrate a dozen years of our love. Off to the beach and a special dinner…

Barb

K
K
Congrats Barb and Josh!! And to start dating on April Fools no less, brave souls. Lol. So happy for you both! Have an incredible day!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
Congratulations to you and Josh on 12 years of happiness! Here's to many, many more!

BA

W
W
Barb,

How wonderful of you and Josh! Where did those 12 years go?!! Maybe you'll be the Goldie Hawn-Kurt Russell coupling of Canada. smile

Congrats, Barb! You totally deserve these 12 happy years (and more) with your love.

BTW, on my way to work, I was listening to a talk radio show and they had a guest to talk about April Fool's Day. Do you know how this originated? If not, it was a celebration of sorts for the known definition of a fool - someone who was basically willing to step out into the open and say tough things that nobody wanted to hear. Kind of like the guy who yells out that the emperor is naked. It was never meant to be the prank playing weird thing that it is today.

My dad's birthday is today, and he's long hated the tricks that people have played on him throughout his life. So I guess I'm kind of sensitive to the stupidity of things. I'd rather celebrate your willingness to make something that started out intriguing yet inconvenient work.

Hugs-
Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks friends! We met up with 2 DB friends I met 13 years ago in Florida at one of those infamous bigDB parties. They had met thru DB. We enjoyed a lovely sunset dinner. It was not the first time they had met Josh. We had dinner together 6 years ago at Stonewood Grill which I now live just down the street from in winter. (Who would have known). We enjoy each other's company. We were in the trenches together.

Tonight is Lighthouse Restaurant. And packing. Heading back to the snow tomm though it looks to be above freezing. At least for one day.

Barb

R
R
Congrats Barb. And im thinking of moving to Florida smile

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

M
M
CONGRATS!!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Florida is wonderful! But much nicer in winter.

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Happiness abounds!

The sunshine & warm temps followed me home from Florida. Much nicer than I expected. The ice moved out of our lake last week, out of the cottages lake today. The cottage lawns are flooded & the road washed out. So - a few challenges - but it's coming together.

The big news is that Ashley got a job at the bank. She started today. She is raining and will have to work a few months at different branches as a fill in. I'm pretty sure she will be full time at our bank soon, though. & she lives a half a block from the bank! She is excited about the pay, hours & proximity.

Ryan's Reno continues to prove challenging with escalating costs. There just aren't many ways around it. Months in the room & they were still only partway through the interior pine. Got Ashley's new boyfriend (a carpenter) to finish it in 3 hours for cash. He is coming back this weekend to do the door and window trim. Sounds like he will do the outside wood siding as well. I figure I've saved at least a grand. The builder told me last week he could finish the room (including a pocket door) for $8500 and wanted half down (already $20,000 over budget) so I said NO! Then he said he could do it for $4,000 & I said No - just the door.

Still need to do the ramp & sidewalk. Already spent over $2,000 on concrete. Probably another $10,000 to go. This is the Reno that never ends...

Josh & I are planning a trip to Philly in June to visit his twin sister & all the family will be there. His nephew sings in the Philadelphia Bits Choir and they will be putting on a concert with the Philharmonic Orchestra. Should be awesome.

And that's what is new in my world!

Barb

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard