Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you, Wonka, for that inspiration.

Maybell XXXII

The GOAL of this thread is to find my indifference.

Also a home for my children.

This will require the will of a warrior.

TOWANDA!!!!!

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
C
C
You go get 'em, Warrior!!

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

Z
Z
Maybell, you go this.

As for me, I'm indifferent to whether I find my indifference.

I DO have a dumb friend named Tom who shoots himself in the leg with his gun...

If I'm making ANY sense you have more growth to do wink

Keep charging!

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
Thank you for the levity, Wonka and MB! Towanda! (Wonka, do you know how hard that makes me laugh? One of my all time favorite movies. Ever.) But Maybell, I really don't picture you in the Kathy Bates role. Maybe Jessica Tandy. You have a whole lot more spunk and warrior in you. Kathy Bates needed to find her voice. Just sayin'.

Now I need to go back and read what you wrote in the other thread. It might take me awhile. D18 and I had aqua aerobics and I'm now freezing and shivering a little bit.

Towanda it is!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
Maybell, I've been following your recent journey....good luck in your 'search for indifference!' - I love that goal...:-)

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
G
G
It's a worthy one.

I need to find tk with s17, he's just pushing the buttons.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
L
L
I learned to judge in my home, and spent most of my adult life judging others to try to make me feel better about my faults. I judged myself just as harshly. It made for a very unhappy, fragile me.

I'm still getting working on it, everyday. It's doable, not easy but doable. I just had to decide to do it.

Quote:
BTW, Betsey, yes, I would be nicer to the lady who accidentally let her shopping cart hit my car. I'd be very gracious, if she were apologetic. But if she did it on purpose because I drive a minivan rather than a sports car, then no, I'd speak out. To me, that is the difference.

I think I must have missed the story that you're responding to here but my question is, the end result is the same. You car, an inanimate object, was damaged.

Why is your emotional response different?

How would your response to either person change the situation for you?

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Bug,

That grocery cart thing was just an example I used in a post to MB on her previous thread yesterday. It would probably make more sense to catch up there first. And yes, I did have that movie image in my head when I wrote it.

MB, I was having difficulty with my mouse thing on my laptop last night so I had to settle for posting on your old thread.

Hope you're having a better day today.

Hugs-
Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks!

LICE. The amount of work is endless. Three little heads and three little beds (plus mine) and vacuuming, etc.

Two upsides. One you'll scold me for.

S9 most likely got infested on Thursday/Friday. Spent the weekend with his dad. Slept, in fact, in STBX's bed. I did email STBX (we were having a conversation that included an apology from me and a request for prompter departures) but he didn't get it till this morning.

Giggle.

The other one is, there's no one to check my head but D12. So she and I got lots of good bonding time.

Bug, re: the cart thing... As we go through life we're all going to bump into one another and do damage from time to time. I'm happy to knowledge that and to be gracious to others. It's not about the car. It's about people being respectful of one another. If someone banged her cart into my car because she felt entitled to, yeah, I'd have strong words for her. If the cart got away from her because it's heavy or she dropped something, and she acknowledged that it was a bummer our paths intersected in that manner, I'd probably still hold her accountable but I'd think warm thoughts too.

falling over now. Thanks for checking in. More tomorrow. If you can stand it.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
L
L
Ughhh....sorry about the lice!

My girls have soooo much hair, it took me over 6 months to finally get rid of it when they had it. Just when I thought it was done...boom more bugs. It was horrible, I was washing sheets every other day at least for that long, picking thru their hair with nit combs, chemicals and natural remedies and hair cuts...wouldn't let them on furniture!

Me-44 (45)
H- 50 (51)
M-'96

S-18(20)D-15(17)D-12(14)

BD Feb 2014 (he works overseas)
home Oct(sep rooms)
(EAs possible Pa's unconfirmed)
insists wants D through July 2015
no more talk of D since
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard