Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
Don't worry Barb, that's on my list of things to obsess about lol. Yesterday really wasn't a date. Agnes, her friend and I had planned to go to the baby shower together and when AM slept over she came too. We all hung out for the afternoon too. AM and I have a nice, fun rapport and we were taking photos and laughing together. She was showing me photos of her family (she is the second youngest of nine!) So, I'm not looking to push into some heavy thing right now...she's got her employment sitch to take care of first. I think she's quite OK with going slowly too...if she's into it at all. I've really been so moved by the way our church friends have been there for her right now. She's only been at our church for 2 months now. Agnes took her in no problem so she didn't have to spend the weekend at her wicked employers. AM doesn't have a guitar and she loves playing guitar so Rita, Gladys best friend, offered to give her the one she had...she then offered to have her over for a weekend. I now understand what AM was saying when she said meeting another Adventist somewhere always makes her feel warm all over. We really do take care of each other!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Well I texted her tonight and said "hey, let's do something fun on the weekend. U need to get out and see the world lol. I'd like to take you to Castle Loma, it's a big castle built in Toronto...and great for selfies lol (castleloma.org). Are you up for it? I'm thinking Sunday if that works. Have fun at the gym tonight." So it's crash or burn time, I guess lol. We shall see.

W
OP Offline
W
Uh, crash or burn? WTH was I saying? Ignore that part lol.

W
OP Offline
W
Well, the response to my invitation was no response. She just ignored me for the entire evening. The only communication was on FB when I asked a question about a photo she'd just posted and she replied nicely. We normally talk and text each evening, usually initiated by her. I texted her goodnight, as we normally do, and once more got no response. So, it's in her court. I will cease and desist until she gives me a reason not to. I've found in the past that following up on such situations with women usually leads to a worse outcome. C'est la vie.

R
R
How do u know that she got the text? It could happen thar she didnt or missed it. Just a possibility. Or she got scared.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

W
OP Offline
W
We'll see. I think it's highly unusual that right after I send a text like that she is no longer receiving my texts or is missing them! Again, we text goodnight every evening...but this on this one she doesn't. I figure I'll just give her space. If and when she contacts me, I can say "hey, did you get that text I sent you?" but if not, I'm not going there. Am I wrong here?

W
OP Offline
W
Maybe tonight or tomorrow night I'll just text her "how are you? " and see what happens. I want to give her space though.

M
M
IMO, let it rest. Wait for her to contact you. Meanwhile, go about being your fun self and taking all those beautiful photos. You said she is dealing with a lot of stuff employment-wise so maybe stepping back to let her deal with that first would be a good idea.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
She may also be having issues with her phone. I saw the pics of her, she is lovely. Just keep things easy breezy for now and see where it goes. No assuming.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
She is lovely, Kat. As you can tell by my photos, she's a fun lady to spend time with. We were crying we were laughing so hard on Saturday...taking our dumb pictures lol. Yesterday she posted a bunch more from Saturday with me in them. When she interacted with me on FB she was her usual playful self...so it just seems weird that she's cut off our normal communication elsewhere. I've always found mixed messages are never good messages. The consensus seems to be let her be for now...leave contact to her for now. My male co-workers think so...except for the one who said "you should have banged Friday while things were good" I don't count that as advice though lol. They say that I've made a couple of attempts with no response so I've done my part. I just want her to treat me like a friend, if she wants a friend...not like a guy she wants to get rid of! Again, my experience with women has been this is what they do when they want you gone...they don't talk to you. So, we shall see.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard