Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2527909 01/16/15 06:05 PM
R
raliced Offline OP
OP Offline
R
You know - there seems to be a little negativity floating around here today.

I for one, like to start my weekends on a positive note. So I'm just going to blunder out there and send some good vibes to my fellow posters.

I don't post on everyone's threads but I do read along pretty frequently and really have found this board to be extremely therapeutic during this emotional maelstrom.

To the Vets

25yearsMLC, Sandi2, Mr. Bond, Starsky, Wonka, uRworthy,Cadet, Underdog
and anyone else I might be missing. I don't think I've ever had the honor of you stopping by my thread, but I read a lot of what you write and find it very helpful. I know you don't get paid for the considerable time you spend helping people on these boards. I hope you know what a positive difference you make in the lives of so many strangers. Thank You.

A special shout out to Labugwho stops by occasionally and helps me out. Thanks Bug!

To the guys

Card, Mozza, HPoirot, Razorback, Bdub, Maaahty, Andy, Jefe, Shakespr

You know - it would be pretty easy to become bitter about men in general after this experience. And reading how you are trying to save your marriages has prevented that from happening for me. I'm particularly guilty of not stopping by your threads (because its hard for me to wrap my head around a wife leaving her H and kids) - but I do read and cheer you on. Thanks for giving me that hope.

And to the guys across the pond, rd 500, jim0987, edz, South, and of course Old Dog - Ditto the above, and of course your posts are even a little fun to read because of that whole British/Irish thing you've got going on.

And to my lady friends Maybell, Ss, Ahoy, rppfl, Vanilla, Dawn70, Toots, Georgiabelle, T0324, Little, Claire, Kgirl, Stacey9, LisaB, our Aussie friends Vossy and ganb8te. I hate that you're in this boat with me- but, wow, it sure has helped me knowing that you're there.

I know this is going to be like an Oscar speech and I'm going to be kicking myself for forgetting someone. So I'll be back to fill in the gaps.

In the meantime- anyone who wants to join in - feel free to share the love to your fellow peeps around here.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
E
edz Offline
E
My ears appear to be burning......I really must stop warming them on the radiator smile

You have a fantastic weekend!

M:44, W:46, S:10
M 13 years, T 15
BD:23/7/2014
W/S Moved to MIL: 23/7/2014
My new place: 21/11/2014
W/S back to flat 22/11/2014
W coming closer, talking 4/2015
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
J
J
Thank you raliced. This post is awesome.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

M
M
Hey Raliced - Thanks a lot for the shout out. Your post highlights how much of a community there is around here. I really don't know what I would be doing without it, because very few if any people around me have the perspective that we hare here, that is of saving ourselves and potentially our M against adversity.

I also want to extend all my admiration for the vets. I'm driven to be here because I want to survive a terrible ordeal. I'm terribly impressed that some people keep coming here to share their experience and advice years after they made it to the other side. As one passing vet once said, it can be hard to relive the difficult period where they DBed and I fear that, whichever way I survive, it may be what will prevent me from giving back as much as they did. Know that every time one of you posts, anywhere, I reflect on your generosity and it gives me a glimpse of the good side of humanity.

Have a nice week-end everyone!

M39 D6 D3 (at S)
S 2014-09
D 2016-09

"You can't start a fire sitting around, crying over a broken heart" - Bruce Springsteen.
T
T
[[[***Just peeping my head in to make sure it's safe - and acceptable - to post ... ***]]] wink

I love this thread-topic, raliced. Good on you!

I have nothing to add but just wanna spread some love ...

Happy weekend, y'all!!!!

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
R
raliced Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks Train!

And for the record - the only rule on this thread, is the old "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all". wink

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
C
C
So awesome and so needed on this personally stressful day. Thanks raliced!

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

T
T
And for the record - the only rule on this thread, is the old "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all". wink

I like that rule! laugh

Hugs to you, claire!!!!

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
THANK YOU! nicely done.

S
S
Originally Posted By: Train

I like that rule! laugh

Hugs to you, claire!!!!

Ahhh, the Thumper Rule! I like it! grin

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard