Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
B
Is being Asian a bad thing? Lol. Back in the day, I went on a date with a guy who told me "I've never kissed an oriental girl". My first thought was.. Buddy.. You're not about to. Made me feel like a packet of noodles. Oriental flavour.

Me:38.. H:33.
Two beautiful kids S:6 D:3
M:8.. together for 11.
Bomb dropped:10/17/11
Separated:11/07/11
W
OP Offline
W
BF, my last two relationships were with Asian women and people are always bugging me to date non- Asians lol.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
I didn't mean to infer it was a bad thing. Just teasin WII!

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Bf, your date's comment reminded me of a dating show years ago where they used to set people up and follow them on a date...don't remember the name. One couple was a tiny Asian lady and a large strapping country like guy. After meeting, he looked her up and down and said "Wow, I'm gonna split you like a piece of wet lumber" Now that's classy lol!
Btw, no response from the Anglican lady after I responded saying I was looking forward to chatting and getting to know each other. She was online frequently but she's now hidden her profile...so I may be toast already but then there are always other jars of jam out there...it's the strong thighs that may be difficult to replicate lol! As always, we shall see.

W
OP Offline
W
Well, I messaged Anglican lady to clarify a joke I made in my last email...I said Adventists go to church on Saturday's and that leaves Sunday open for NFL football. I had a feeling that might not have gone well. I told her that it was an old Adventist joke and I'd much rather spend my time with a lovely lady doing something fun. She emailed me right back and thanked me for clarifying my remark 'cuz she said "in all honesty,it didn't go down that well." So she asked me"what's your favourite activity to do with your clothes on?" She told me that she'd just joined a gym recently and was kind of scared initially but now she's really enjoying going....so I think I've saved it...for now lol.

B
B
Wii - My advice with this one is you should meet her sooner than later. If you continue with extended messaging you might be "lost in translation".

BA

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks BA, that's my plan. We messaged back and forth this morning and our messages were chatty and lengthy. I really like what i'm seeing. That said, she suddenly stopped (hopefully 'cuz she's working) and I haven't heard from her since. Hopefully she hasn't read something else she didn't like...if so, I'm moving on! We shall see.

W
OP Offline
W
She's back...things seem fine lol. I'd messaged her just asking how her day went. I figured if I got no response then I'd know it's time to move the party elsewhere. She sent me a nice long, chatty message about her evening. She'd gone to the movies (Taken 3) with her daughter and then dinner. She says "that Liam, he may be ancient but that dude can still do his thing!"She makes me laugh. So, she hit me with "the" question..." so what's your story? How'd you end up on POF?" It's funny, I've noticed that women ALWAYS want to know how and why your marriage ended...and they get there pretty quickly lol. Do guys ask that too? Anyway, I told her that I was married for 17 years and my wife found the pasture greener elsewhere and I tried diligently to save the marriage but to no avail. I said that during these trials I came back to faith and work hard to raise the two beautiful daughters the Lord has given me. So, I'm now waiting to hear her story.

W
OP Offline
W
Wow, we messaged for two hours tonight! We shared our stories and we talked about how scary it is to make ourselves vulnerable again after difficult experiences. Talked about jobs, family, faith. She shared about her relationships as did I. She's been alone for 16 years raising her daughters and caring for her parents (who have passed on) and now she feels it's time for her to find somebody. She "fell in lust" a few years ago but decided that two years of doing it but not doing much else really wasn't what she wanted in a relationship. Anyway, it was really nice chatting with her. So, we'll see about setting up a meet soon.

W
OP Offline
W
I got home from church today and there was a message waiting for me from Anglican Lady "Hey, mister man, how was church?" Nice, she's thinking about me. She's pretty humorous. Last night when we were talking about how you know you're ready to date again etc she wrote to me "look out world, the tigress has awakened grrrr" too funny. I asked her what she did for a living and she wrote "I touch people and make them feel good without scaring them. You've got three guesses!" I guessed massage therapist, faith healer and make up artist. Wrong, she's a security screener at the airport. She told me the company she works for was really strict about hiring, "I thought they were gonna dig up my dead grandmother and take her fingerprints" I hope I make her laugh too. I'd like to set up a meeting time but the weather just suucks here so we'll play it by ear. Today at church Agnes told Church Lady and I that she wants to invite us both over to her house for lunch soon and we can play games afterwards. Hmmm. Agnes thinks Church Lady and I should be an item and it looks like she's working on it lol. I asked Church Lady after choir practice how she was today and she put her hand over her heart and said very dramatically "my heart is full of misery" so I asked why that would be and she said "I'm very hungry"...uh, ok. I attract clowns and that's probably for the best lol.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard