Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
GB - I agree with being honest with kids in broad strokes. Children who have been exposed to situations like MLC or divorce have to feel they have at least one parent who is honest at all times. Even I don't know is honest.

Happy you are feeling happy GB.

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou

R
R
Meghan Trainor's new album is fantastic. You should listen to her song walkable. It is too funny.

M43, W37
D5, D11, D13
DB 12/11/2012
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Gwen and Rock. Gwen, I feel happy in the sense that I'm grateful to be healthy, have 3 wonderful kids, a good job and fantastic friends and family. That is a great deal to be grateful for I believe.

However, honestly, I feel like a small train wreck. I've never been promiscuous-I've only been with a few people. And this may sound absolutely crazy...it's like I've said before. I just want to be wanted. And (2x4 me) in control. I know I only control me. It's just that I am struggling with this feeling of being completely out of control of everything. I know I will get through it.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
I hear you about the whole control issue. We want to be in control because of how our lives spun out but yet there is something very comforting in being wanted and yes I think being somewhat controlled. This makes us feel wanted and loved or so we imagine.

I struggle with it too but right now I am just awash in grief and loss. I can't imagine a future. Tonight I feel so utterly alone. Intellectually I know I have much to be thankful for in my life but my heart is shattered.

From your posts you seem much more evolved than you think you are. I hope I can get to a place where you are as strong as you seem to be GB. It isn't perfection we are striving but rather honesty. Honesty is messy and real and beautifully imperfect.

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou

W
W
GB,

To put this in proper perspective....

Women are called "promiscuous" when they explore their sexuality with others.

Men are just "sowing" their oats or gathering "notches on the bedpost" when they do the same thing.

It seems to me that women are stuck with the negative label of "promiscuous" for what is a natural thing to do: express one's sexuality.

Don't go there--that dark view, GB.

You are allowed to take FULL ownership of your own sexual expression and it is to be celebrated because it's beautiful!

Geesh...those silly hang ups about sexuality and its expression. We are sexual beings!

G
G
Yeah, because of my louder out going nature I'm very much being talked about and gossiped about as picking up.

All of us here know that's not true but being in control of my actions and then feeling the need to talk up my life makes me laugh, not feel bad or cower.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
G
OP Offline
G
Wonka- I've missed you. Go Pats! Great game. You are 100% spot on the way we view sexuality in men versus women. Thanks GG.

A friend texted me yesterday (and I quote) " FFS, chill out. You are wound tighter than (can't put that here). You need to get la!d". This is what happens when you have a bunch of guy friends. Minus the last part-he's 100% right. I need to chill out. Yes, Eric. I'm acknowledging it. I'm a bundle of energetic anxiety. Stop GB! Can I nominate myself for anxious a$$ of the year? Can I get a crown ?

I stepped on the scale this am and that did nothing for my anxiety. I promptly almost died right there in the BR. Pedicure and a run today. Closet cleaning. Snuggling with the dog. I will learn to relax.

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 02/07/15 05:41 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
G
Well control the diet, keep a diary.

Write in it. You will be suprised how much junk you eat when you write it down. I don't think I will lose this week given 3 days on the couch. Sleeping.

If you want diet support we do a fair bit in my thread, bit of other fun stuff too. Vanilla would say take up yoga. For diet stuff feel free to post in my thread, is become like ww at times.

Biggest tip I can give you is water and exercise will be your biggest friends.
Says she eating a piece of butter incrusted garlic with a small side of bread!
Medicinal garlic! Bread and butter is comfort

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Ms 18 hs 26
K
kml Offline
K
Ggrass....generally good advice, but Georgiabelle has an eating disorder history, she would be better off not having a scale in the house.

G
G
If the truth be known anyone who has weighed over 100kg does too.

I've been all the sizes, my cupboard was called a shop, all the sizes in it. Part of getting better of something is practice. I gained my weight and lost it based on simple habbits.

Portions being kind to me, keeping track. Rewards for effort and achievement.

This last year I lost 20kg, hard yes and no. The bd diet reinforced all my bad habbits, now I'm coming unstuck, and becoming stuck.

I can gb can. She's far more awesome than me. I'm just weak human and ordinary.

But both of us give 100% give it to your self gb, your far more worthy recipe than your h!

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Ms 18 hs 26
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard