Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2521398 12/29/14 04:37 PM
E
EssiacM Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I've been married for 23 years to a man that has now decided he wants a divorce. He has no more tolerance and patience for me anymore and wants to just focus on his business. He says he doesn't need a relationship at this time in his life. For the past few years we went to counseling but the effort was not there because he thinks I'm selfish for wanting improvement in our relationship. Of course, that's typical projection of who he is unto me. We have two teenage daughters who are bystanders to how he treats me. My husband is harsh, cold, unaffectionate, selfish, prideful, egotistical and unwilling to listen to me about how I'm experiencing our marriage. He refuses to learn about relationships except those involving money. I want our marriage to last but not with this a guy with a hardened heart. Recently, our friends tried to help us but was unsuccessful. He says, he's not the right man for me. He even thinks I was having an affair with my male friend. The truth is we communicated a lot and sometimes crossed the line in our communications, all in an effort to help me to feel good and strengthen me. He refuses to listen to any of us and has now cut himself off from us. Please offer your advice based on experience. Thanks!

C
C
Welcome to the board

Get out and GAL.

DETACH.

Believe none of what he says and half of what he does.

Have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Take care of yourself, breathe, eat, sleep, exercise.

You are on moderation right now on the forum.
SO post in small frequent posts until you get off of it.

Your H is giving you a GIFT.
THE GIFT OF TIME.

USE it wisely.

Knowledge is Power - Sir Francis Bacon

Me-70, D37,S36
E
EssiacM Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thanks. He has now filed for divorce. I'm really feeling hurt. I now need support to do my part in practicing divorce busters 180. I was emotionally attached to one of my male friends which has even pushed him to divorce me. I Do understand his hurt and the betrayal of trust. I'm working in improving myself and trying to be strong. I'm no longer friends with that guy because he was to give me sound advice not use my vulnerabilty. I've learned the hard lesson if not trusting the opposite sex friends when it comes to my marriage.
Anyone out there has had an emotional affair, wants to save marriage and their technique worked please let me know. Help! I still love him and know our kids deserve this chance.

C
C
Have you read DB or DR?

Me-70, D37,S36

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard