Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
It's good to hear you are doing well. Thanks for staying in touch.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
D
Devaste Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Sandi,

And thanks for all your help. Still remember my first post and your advice. Wonka, Starsky, Zew, Train, Peter, Twinmom, and everyone else, your words and help we're always appreciated.

Dev

Me: 40
Wife: 38
M: 10. T: 18
S: 8, D: 6, S: 4
BD 02/01/14
Asked her to leave 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
S
S
Hi Dev, it's good to hear that you are doing well, and that you are glad to have things settled now. Strange as you say that your W ended her A just as you guys made the agreement - go figure! Is it a formal S you agreed, or is it actually a D?

Glad that you are making new female friends - I always said a queue would form!!

I'm still posting, but I've moved over the the MLC part of the board now. Sadly my H just filed for D...

Take care Dev. I hope you keep posting. I'm sure many others will learn much from your journey too. xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
D
Devaste Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hey everyone,

How's it going here? I haven't stopped by for awhile. I've been thinking about this place though. Now that my process is pretty much complete, I have been reflecting on a lot of things, and also had some very interesting talks with my EW, that I think could provide some great insight for people who find themselves in similar situations as me. It's been a journey that never ends, I have learned so much, and will continue to do so.

I'm going to take a poke around and get a bit caught up and then do a post.

Cheers,

Dev

BD 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
S
S
Dev, good to hear from you! Hope to see you posting again....all new insight is welcome. Many of our 'cohort' are still around - some have moved to the surviving the big D part of the forum, a couple in Newcomers still and a couple in MLC.

Good to hear you sounding so positive & take care. :)x

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
W
W
Hey Dev!!

How are you buddy!?!! So happy to see you drop in even for a brief time. You sound much happier and stronger in your post. Yeah, please do give us the run down on what has happened to you since the last post in August. Especially whatever insights gleaned from chatting with EXW.

Don't be a stranger, dear friend. cool

Z
zew Offline
Z
Well Dev, if YOU update, then I might have to break radio silence and update as well...

T
T
Originally Posted By: zew
Well Dev, if YOU update, then I might have to break radio silence and update as well...

Yes please!!!

Me: 35 husband:39
Sons 16 and 11 from my first marriage
Twins 5 (boy/girl)
Daughter 3
Affair bomb 2/27/14
He moved in with ow 3/13/14
OW kicked him out 6/15/14
4/2016 he seeks help for sexual addiction

T
T
Originally Posted By: Wonka
Hey Dev!!

How are you buddy!?!! So happy to see you drop in even for a brief time. You sound much happier and stronger in your post. Yeah, please do give us the run down on what has happened to you since the last post in August. Especially whatever insights gleaned from chatting with EXW.

Don't be a stranger, dear friend. cool

^^^^^^
This

Me: 35 husband:39
Sons 16 and 11 from my first marriage
Twins 5 (boy/girl)
Daughter 3
Affair bomb 2/27/14
He moved in with ow 3/13/14
OW kicked him out 6/15/14
4/2016 he seeks help for sexual addiction

D
Devaste Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hello again,

I figure it's time, I just pulled this up here to help someone in my family, and realized what a long time it's been since my last visit here, and just how much has happened. Two years wow, time flies

I actually will update in depth but I do need to get caught up and see what's happened in and around here. In a quick scan I did notice some familiar names and I want to see what is happening.

In a snapshot, I'm not a success story in terms of busting my divorce, but in terms of my personal growth as a person, I have grown in leaps and bounds. I have no anger, and I have full forgiveness, as well as accepting responsibility for my part in my marriage falling apart. Myself and my EW co-parent well and get along relatively well, and I am very happy. Life is great.

I have also met an amazing woman who is my GF. She's an amazing supportive and strong partner, and I couldn't feel more fortunate to have her in my life. She and my EW actually get along as well, within boundaries, and there have been some very incredible interactions between everyone, which is great for my children. These include dinners and sporting events where everyone has attended. All in all I cannot complain. My children being in a good place with parents that are healthy and in a good place is really important to me.

I often think to my darkest times and just re-reading the thread I realized how much I have changed throughout the whole process. Completely amazing and as always I'm so thankful for all the support I have received here from all the veterans, chat soon!

Cheers

Dev

BD 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard