Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
OP Offline
W
I didn't have any "family" just long term friends. I miss my children, as they have all moved to the mainland. I had 17 people here. I had strained my back and was going slow. But it all came together, despite my putting the turkey in an hour late! OOPS!

Several months ago I went with my co-worker and now dear friend to an event billed as an "All-Nighter" for her birthday. Salsa, Hip-Hop and Old Skool music, 3 stages. It was her birthday, and this is the second year I have attended.

I was at the bar and an incredibly tall, dark and handsome man approached me. It was like time stood still. I looked at him and said to myself: "Oh my, it is (Friends Name) birthday." I invited him to our table. He talked to us all, we all went on the dance floor, 6 gals and him, he bought us a round of shots....

Anyway, she and he have been dating ever since, and they met me for drinks tonight at the same place. He thanked me, again, for introducing them. He said to me that he loved her. She got embarrassed. Then he told me he was sure I would find the right person when the time was right.

So, I have been smiling for days, life is sweet and good things just keep happening. There is a little commotion at work, my friend and I won't be working together for much longer, they are splitting our department. I see the change as good, but will miss my team. As we all know, nothing is permanent!

Aloha

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
L
L
I am soooo happy for you and the smiling Face a see on that Book thing. wink

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
W
OP Offline
W
Howdy All!

I have written and deleted about 10 posts. My past few weeks have just been a roller coaster. I think I need to just give up even pondering dating for awhile. I wonder am I just so broken from this past few years that I don't know how to deal with morons?

3 of 4 guys who I have dated since my divorce have contacted me. I hung out with the one guy for a few days. I keep forgetting he is really just a moron. And he is now unemployed, and he made it sound like he was being interviewed for jobs. When in fact he hasn't even given these imaginary interviewees his resume.....

Anyway he came up with a grand plan that I should let him (And his two kids he has every weekend) move into my office. Which I had not offered, and don't plan to rent. It is my most useful and most used room in my house. And when I humored him (Because I really was wondering how dumb he thinks I am...) and asked him how much rent he should pay for this room, he said he would help me around the house. And I told him I needed an income source more than help around the house. So he then offered to help sell my extra stuff. Which is mostly what is in my office and garage, all that I have sorted out. I bring in about $500 a month selling random things. And it is sort of a hobby, my "fun money".

So he wants to help around the house and sell my stuff and give me the money. Oh yes, and he would still be able to date other people. Yes, I laughed in his face. And told him not to call me at the end of the month when he doesn't have a place to live except his van. And he also has an old Mercedes convertible. Which he thinks makes him appear rich.

Anyway, yes, I really must be broken. Because I keep being nice to nutty people who I shouldn't even be talking to. Except to say "Goodbye". He sent me a text yesterday trying to explain how he could be a positive influence on me. He came over this morning to get his wallet, which for the 10th time he left in my car Thursday night. And he hadn't noticed it missing. Probably because there was no money in it......

D final 9/12
S
S
Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!

Barb

B
B
Lol. Sounds like you let a keeper slide through your fingertips. So sad for your loss.

Me:38.. H:33.
Two beautiful kids S:6 D:3
M:8.. together for 11.
Bomb dropped:10/17/11
Separated:11/07/11
W
OP Offline
W
Well I got some new glasses. Maybe they will have a little magic in them and help me see things more clearly!

I'm working today, and plan to spend next weekend on a fix up my house spree. My to-do list is very long!

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

D final 9/12
K
kml Offline
K
Happy Sunday Wen!

I'm trying to work through my to-do list also! Good luck to us both smile

W
OP Offline
W
hey KLM! I had some time this evening, after working a little while, and going to Pacific Heights and picking up some cool teak chairs from Craigslist. So I installed a hand towel rack, a new shower head, fixed (with help) the broken lock on my guest house and a shelf with hooks.

I am avoiding finishing hand sewing my ottoman back together. I bought a damaged one on clearance, because I really wanted the sectional. Oh my wrist!

I also tidied and cleaned some more. I have put almost everything where I want it. As I work on making this house truly my own I look at it and keep finding ways to use the space better. Now if I can just figure out how to keep the rats out! Maybe it is time to add a big tom cat to my menagerie....

D final 9/12
J
J
I don't know how you feel about dogs. If the tom isn't one of the larger breeds like a Maine Coon you might find a better ratter in a small Terrier.

BITS
Me 55, ACK, when did that happen? Doesn't feel like 55
D 30
S 27

You create your own universe as you go along - Winston Churchill
W
OP Offline
W
I have 3 dogs, and one sure tries to get the rats. He only gets the ones I already trapped.

These rats are big, I will put terrier on my dream sheet.

A Maine Coon cat has always been on my wish list.

Things to consider.....

D final 9/12
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard