Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
"no your just too harsh.. you keep putting me down.."

Nope. Just telling you like it is. You're scared. This is just another excuse from you to avoid the counseling question.

The sad part is that you could have saved your M in 1 month before if you had listened to anybody.

So when I said that you must like having your wife making love to another man, that's just the truth. You don't want to do the hard work or listen so get used to that picture.

You said it best... "You guys are so right but i just dont do it.. i dont know why.. im idiot.."

You are choosing to be an idiot.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
M
M
"You guys are so right but i just dont do it.. i dont know why.. im idiot.."

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
. You said you are "too busy" to go to counseling and yet Look at what you just wrote to "Find" the time.

Originally Posted By: 1Wish
Originally Posted By: MrBond
"Ok im going today.. how should i go.. thinking of buying chocolates and flowers and saying its a shame that it didnt work out.. im always here if you need me. And then go.."

I seriously hope you didn't do that. All of that is just a show that you're trying to put on to get her to pity you.

What is one thing that has shown that you've actually actually listened to us?

I did do it.. i ask for advice before acting out what i plan.

I am focusing on myself right now.. i have been actibely seeking work for my freelance work to keep me busy during the evenings. I am trying to do constructive things.

Go to counseling THEN^^^. Get some professional help b/c you have problems that affect your marriage AND MORE...there is massive lack of direction in your life , and it oozes out as a melancholy laziness, but I think it's depression.

I want to learn to ride a motorcycle so im focusing on that. I want new skills.

Then Get them! No one is stopping you. You have No kids, No "2 night jobs",
No "night school", (no wife!) Get out of your own way.

If you don't get some professional help now, You probably never will. Seriously, it will never get "easier" to get help, than it is now. Ever.

I am seeking out local counsellors in my area that i am residing at the mo.

"Seeking out"...well, did you find any? Meet any? Find ONE you like yet? 1wish, this is not rocket science. Making an appointment and Talking to a counselor
takes less than 20 minutes on the phone, maybe half an hour. Then you go meet them and that's an hour. You have been here for months and your marriage is not better yet...so, why not take the advice?

Honestly I do not know what you fear.

Have you called many and have you met any?

i am re reading db. I am constantly reading sandis golden rules.

The "guidelines" are from the DB books. Sandi didn't make them up.

The "Golden Rule" says "Do unto others as you would have them, do unto you" It's biblical in origin. Sure would be great if we all lived by it, eh?

Reading those tips is easy. Following them, not so much.

When we were ALL talking about counseling, you changed the topic to go back to yet another way of you pursuing your wife, WHILE pretending not to...

like by Giving her candy with a thinly veiled self pity comment, while pretending to wish her well in a fake "good bye good luck, here is some candy"...gesture.

1wish, if WE see thru it from here, so will she.
Can you face that the goal of that "idea" was not something you can even articulate? (So it's more pursuit and Not following the guidelines you keep reading.)

Bottom line, it feels like you just are Not putting forth much effort in your life b/c When it gets hard, or requires self discipline, you balk. And the "rewards" of having so little self discipline are...well, non existent.

We want to help you in part b/c you are SO YOUNG.

OMG, If you could get the tools that are all around you and learn to use them in a mature manner, your whole love life and marriage future would be MUCH HAPPIER FOREVER....
what a gift we want to help you get!!!
..but man, you just resist so much.

So yeah, it's frustrating.

Iwish, I would give anything to have had someone talking to me 25 years ago, the way we are all talking to you about your marriage. So much heartache would have been avoided.

I'd probably have had another child too. Wow, that makes me wistful. And yeah, a little angry at you, in a way. I'm sorry for that but it's true. I will work on it.

But, Can you see why we feel that way?

I am trying not to think about the R but myself and how i can be a better person. I am trying to move forward and i

You have to admit, we have given you a ton of ways to do that^^. Take some of those suggestions up, but start with getting the counseling.

You have a lot of issues (No shame there) plus your background might hinder you in some ways. I'm not sure,

but I know you said things you regret but that you FEEL, things you do not want to feel. To change them, takes effort.

am giving her the time and space she needs in order to let her figure out things on her own.

"Doing" that^^ means turn back to your own life b/c there is nothing for you to "Do" about her. You have a lot to "DO" about YOU and Your life however.

She tells me she wants to make new friends and do new stuff.. she feels i dont condone such. I do but i also have controlling behavioural patterns which im sure you guys know about. Imtrying to change that.

To "Change that" ^^^means do nothing about it!! This part is easy, okay?

I am working on myself and trying to be whole and happy without her but still want the R to prosper forward.

First thing is first. Get some help to get the TOOLS you need to live a life with direction and purpose, in alignment with your values. (Decide which values really are yours and which are no longer serving you well).

No more chaos, and no more pain filled drama, going in circles. No more insanely long undecipherable & circular text "non talks".

** * IF you ever reconcile with her OR remarry someone else, do NOT have important conversations that are meant to be done in person, by text...ever....

IF a person or subject is of importance to you, pick up a phone if they are far away, or drive over and see them eye to eye. Period.***

That's what counseling can help you with, AND take the advice you are getting here b/c so much of it is GOLDEN...

GOLDEN NUGGETS about

"How to Be Happy in YOUR LIFE"...I wish I had gotten those when I was your age. Don't waste this chance.

Good luck

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
1Wish Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi been a while.. Everythings worked out for me. Thanks for all the help. I had to go away on think about a lot of things.

M: 25 W:22
Said she wanted a D March 2014

Everythings worked out for me for the best.
L
L
So happy things worked out. Why don't you fill us in...worked out in what way? what worked? what didn't?

Me-44 (45)
H- 50 (51)
M-'96

S-18(20)D-15(17)D-12(14)

BD Feb 2014 (he works overseas)
home Oct(sep rooms)
(EAs possible Pa's unconfirmed)
insists wants D through July 2015
no more talk of D since
1Wish Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: lost18
So happy things worked out. Why don't you fill us in...worked out in what way? what worked? what didn't?

Last time she asked me to move out, i did and started to just try and get on with my life.. Continued going gym and just tried doing things that took my mind of the D. At this point i had given up and just wanted to forget everything.

I Got in touch with a lady friend whom i lost touch with and started doing things with her as friends. It took my mind off my W and allowed me to enjoy myself and feel appreciated.

Then W asked me to meet up as she was in the area, i was a bit reluctant because i was going to go to the gym so i told her id call back in 5-10mins with a decision. I called back and asked ehat we were going to do and if it was possible to do it another day, she offered to go nandoes and i then agreed.

We went there and i wasnt really interested on her as i was.. She picked up on it and asked why i havnt been calling her and what not. I just vaguely told her i was busy doing things and trying out new things and how i didnt want to talk about it.

I later dropped her off to her flat and she asked me to come in but said only for a little bit i said i dont mind and went in.

She tried to test me so many times by telling me that some guy spoke to her and asked for her number and she said no shes married and he turned back and said cant we be friends and she gave it. I was ok thats nice. Seems aa though you have still got it then. She then broke into tears after 5 mins and said how i dont give [censored] about her or anything any more.

I remained silent and let her speak.. I then told her that i just wanted to get on with my life how i was tired chasing and chasing and how this is something she wanted. I told her i was happy and moving out wasnt bad as i thought it was actually good.

I then told her i had to go and said by.. I didnt kiss or hug and waited to see id she wld offer but she didnt.. She later brought this up

I carried on seeing my friend and went out to milkshake places and what not.. Spoke on the phone qiite a bit as well like everyday.

*****I will continue this later im at work and cant carry on at the moment.

M
M
And did you ever go to C?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
I'm not really getting how this is different except that you sound like not being around her lessened your anxieties;

It sounds as if the way you two communicate is still filled with unspoken comments and mind reading and vague replies, so it's all still guess work...

I mean, how have YOU grown or changed from before?

Is it all just about backing off and GAL (Getting A Life, which is right out of the DB books I'm still not sure you read)

or what? Do you communicate this way with the other woman "friend"?

I want to be happy for you - truly -

but I feel as if you just changed chairs in the game of musical chairs.

If another woman leaves you, won't you'll be in the same place you were?

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
1Wish Offline OP
OP Offline
Im still with my wife.. And yes i probably have changed chairs in a game of musical chairs.

I got councelling but not much, i galled and thats what got her back.

We have a kid now :| things are going well. But there is miscommunication and her anger still shows at times.

I really want to fix everything.. But i guess theres not much help here after you get back wig your mrs or am i wrong?

S
S
1wish, yes there's still help here as you work on your M. In fact, I'd say you need it more now than ever as you and your W try to build something stable for your child. Give us more details, ask specific questions. Keep posting, you'll get a response.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard