Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
not4me Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I think I have already violated most of the 37 rules. I did everything wrong. So I need to know if I should continue what I've been doing or get started on the 37 rules.

Here's my situation:
7 weeks ago I discovered my wife was cheating. 1200+ texts and 1200 minutes talking over a 5 week period with an old boyfriend from a few years before I met her. We've been married 19 years with 4 kids (4, 8, 16, 18). I know he did not have her phone number until 2 weeks into the affair. They were only contacting through FB where she didn't delete the conversation string. I don't know much of the conversation after they switched to phone/text but the FB messages included him teller her they would be fine if she left me and he left his wife. And that he wanted to marry her. On the night I discovered this I had noticed that she was gone quite a few nights in a row and was gone again so I looked at her phone records to see what was up. This is where I found the OM number all over the place. When she got home I questioned her about it and she says it was nothing, just friends. I asked her to show me her FB account where I found the damning messages. She still claimed it was just friends and I went nuts. She was calm like nothing happened. She says they never met, only talked. But on FB she had said she missed him the week before and her best friend said “she didn’t tell her to kiss him” when she thought she was talking with my W. She continues to this day to claim they never met and her friend was being spiteful. Looking at the volume of texts and phone calls there were only a few times where there was ample time to meet that I can’t account for her location. So it may be possible they never met, I just don’t know. She did admit that she had told him she loved him but says she didn’t mean it. She just liked hearing what he said in return. She says on the day I found out she told him that she was done with him. Her reason for ending it was he was getting too needy, demanding and controlling.

Her best friend has cheated numerous times (physically) on her husband and was apparently giving some encouragement to my W to meet this OM. W’s brother is a friend of the OM and was facilitating them meeting. So I demanded that she break all communication with all 3 of these parasites. Since I found out there has been no contact that I can find. I have been monitoring her email, phone, text and FB and whereabouts.

The current status: We have had intimate relations for almost everyday since I found out. Yes, 7 weeks straight minus 2-3 days. She says she loves me everyday and wants to be with me all the time. No more girls nights out. She quit the walking that she started just a few weeks before I found out. She says she will do whatever it takes to fix things and move forward. I have suggested that we go away for our 20th anniversary next year and redo our vows but only if in 6 months we have resolved our issues. I don’t trust her much due to the lies about this and lies of previous things not cheating related. However, she seems sincere in her rekindled affection towards me and desire to move forward with me and forget all this. She said she was sorry but didn’t show a whole lot of other emotion about it. Like it really was no big deal to her, I have some trouble with that.

So, where do I go from here? Do I just quit worrying about it and move on or do I do the 180 program? Do I accept that she never met the OM and that she told me the whole story, that is was just a phone thing that died out? I feel she has done a 180 but I don’t want to believe in a false hope so I am asking for your help.

Thanks

C
C
First off ... sorry you are here

Read the books for one. I am no vet .. but I would start looking inward at what you have done to not fill her needs ... another good book I would suggest is The 5 Love Languages. Your sitch is not good, but so many others here have it worse ... read the DL book at least, and start looking at what YOU can do .. that's the only part of the equation that you can really control.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

N
not4me Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Waiting for the book at the library. Thanks. I may have it better but I still feel miserable thinking of what could have been if the OM was a smoother person.

T
T
Welcome to the boards, you've come to the right place. smile

BF:40 M:33
SD: 12
T: 8, never married, no kids together
BD: 8/4, "I'm just done", "...too tired and burnt to try".
PA confirmed 8/5 "It happened, but it's been over for almost a year".
N
not4me Offline OP
OP Offline
N
My W says daily she loves me an only me and likes where we are going in the marriage. Basically, the only things she wants to do is spend more time together and do more things together. I am doing a lot of soul searching and asking her what I need to fix about me. I know I had a hand in our M drifting apart and I want to correct those issues.

But I can't help but be unsettled that the only thing she believes is necessary on her part is to stop the A. She was pushing me away for years and acting selfishly but doesn't seem to have any thoughts of doing anything to address issues I have with her. She wants nothing to do with talking about issues that got us here.

Should I just forget these issues and hope all the extra time, hugs, kisses etc will make it all better? I am being selfish and controlling in thinking she needs to address my issues with her too?

I need some advice here. I don't want to find out in a few years that the only thing that was solved was she is better at hiding her A and found a better OM than this one.

N
not4me Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I was hoping to get a little advice here. Is my situation too bland and small potatoes? I realize it is not as dramatic as most of the others but I was hoping for something. Well, thanks for listening anyway.

M
M
You never answered the question... have you read the Divorce Busting or Divorce Remedy books?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
N
not4me Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Not yet. I have them ordered.

M
M
Alright, then let us know when you've started reading them. The problem is that we can't offer you advice based on DB and DR if you haven't read them.

All you're doing is concentrating on her A. What were some of the issues that you had in the M? Be as detailed as possible. DON'T include anything about the A and own up to the things that YOU did wrong. Be brutally honest with yourself here.

If you try to cover things up ... 1) we'll be able to pick it up, and 2) you won't be doing your situation any favors.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
N
not4me Offline OP
OP Offline
N
MrBond
I will wait for the books. I guess you didn't read my posts above where I admitted deficiencies of my own. So I don't quite understand the insinuation that I am covering up anything.

Last edited by twb66; 10/07/14 02:13 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard