Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
OP Offline
M
Dang, I had just typed a long entry and managed to lose it somehow!

This has been a strange but wonderful Christmas.

On the 23rd I started to get sick and by Christmas eve I realized it was a full blown flu. I spent my Christmas eve in bed medicated while I sent Gabe and Marc to our extended family Christmas Eve gift exchange. I was so bummed to miss it. frown I started to feel a little better by Christmas morning. We had about an hour reprieve before Gabe started coming down with it. As of today we still haven't had our Christmas dinner because none of us has felt like making it.

In the 1 hour break in the illness in our house something extraordinary happened. I saw Marc and Gabe whispering together when I walked back in to the living room. Marc smiled and left the room and I didn't ask any questions. The two of them have a language of their own and I figured they were talking about one of their shared interests. Well, it was a shared interest, but not what I was thinking. Gabe came over, sat down on the couch next to me and said, "What would you think of us getting remarried?"

WHOA! Holy cow! Never in a hundred years would I have thought he would come to this on his own but he did. He said he loves me more now than ever and he wants us to be fully committed. Miracle.

The strange part of this is that for the last month I have been composing and rewriting a speech I planned on giving him on Christmas even when we got back from my family gathering asking him to commit to our relationship in full and marry me. That plan was waylaid because I was so sick. Divine intervention? I tend to think so. If I had taken that step it might have been to much of a push from me.

So.......next step........

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
S
I am SO happy for you Mish! This is just what you have wanted all along. Obviously it is what Gabe wanted to. He just needed to be sure.

So your worst Christmas has turned out to be your best Christmas! Sometimes you just don't know.

I think you should invite all of us - your cheerleaders - to come for this special celebration.

Love and Hugs,

Barb

K
kml Offline
K
Woohoo!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

K
K
Mish!!!! Congrats on such wonderful news!!! Wow!!!! I am so happy for you!!! smile I came by to say Happy Holidays...and you and Kat have all this great news....glad everything is going so well for everyone!!!

Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
W
W
Fantastic news, Mish! This has been weighing you down for so long. I'm so happy for you. What a wonderful Christmas gift!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
K
K
What a serendipitous moment!! I am glad that you were both at the same point...finally! All of that angst gone. Your life is taking a turn into the land of wonderful!

I like Barb's idea, we should all come down to Atlanta for the wonderful day.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
S
I do not pop on here for just anybody young lady, but I thought it was worth my time to say a few things since I know how hard you have worked and the time that you have put in to your marriage and figuring out how to work through all that you have had to endure and experience.

First things first, congratulations on this latest experience, you have waited a long time to see where the road would lead and I am very proud of you for letting it take you rather than trying to dictate the end game. For those reading this for the first time who do not know what Mishka has been through, I will simply say that she has held her head high with dignity throughout this experience and seen it through with the best of them. Where some of us had to give up hope, she persevered through to the end.

Secondly, Gabe recommitted because you allowed him to figure it out and decide it was what he wanted to do. I seem to remember some conversations for you in the past where you had to understand that you cannot force it, you have to let it happen. This is a long journey for some, longer than some others in fact. If you believe in your heart that it can reconcile, then you continue down that path until you know the time is right for you to walk away. You didn't completely give up and allowed it to work out. Kudos Mish, now I will give you my last piece of advice, do not stop what you have learned just because of this event. Continue on with what you have learned because it worked to get you here and can work to make your new commitment wonderful.

I cannot believe you got me to come back on these boards whistle

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

B
B
Such great news Mish - I am so happy for you!!!! It must have been very emotional for you to hear the words that you have wanted to hear for so long!!! Congratulations!!

BA

J
J
Congratulations!! Wishing you fair winds and following seas.

BITS
Me 55, ACK, when did that happen? Doesn't feel like 55
D 30
S 27

You create your own universe as you go along - Winston Churchill
K
K
I think that you had actually started to write it out might have helped. You were getting to where you could express what you needed from Gabe. Let's face it Mish, you can't live on eggshells from here on out. You will need to talk about what you each need and not just hold it in. I suspect that these topics will become less emotional for you and won't be tear filled and thus possibly scare Gabe.

Love Gabe enough to trust him with your self. I am still so happy for you.

kay

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard