Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2485310 09/05/14 02:50 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I have had an amazing week or so with the girls.

My older D had a birthday and is now 6. We had a family party over labor day weekend and then a friend bday party in Bklyn on Wednesday. Both were fantastic. She is blossoming and is just amazing.

Today was the first day of first grade for D6 and first day of pre K for D4. It was amazing.

I am so grateful to be the new me when I experience these moments with my kids cause I feel like I really enjoy them and so much more present then I used to be.

I just feel the need to turn over to these boards that it was a bit lonely doing these moments without a partner. Also knowing he is in Mexico and didn't call for either birthday or 1st day of school. Not even an email.

D6 didn't "notice" his absence, since she is used to seeing him only every other weekend.

He is a fool

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

S
S
I'm sorry it was a lonely feeling today. There are so many experiences that are not as we imagined they would be. That's a hard one for me, too.

Your D's are such young ones, babies....it sounds like you're doing such a great job keeping things normal, and your sense of gratitude is undoubtably being passed on to them.

I'm glad your D6 didn't seem to notice his absence. The not calling, no email or anything...is pretty rotten. It sounds like the birthday parties may have served as good distractions for them, though.

Congratulations on a such wonderful milestones, Mama!

job Offline
Happy belated birthday to your daughter. I'm sure she had a wonderful day w/family and then visiting w/her friend. She's in first grade and will have many things to talk about when she arrives home each evening. Your xh is a fool. I'm sorry he didn't call her on her special day or her first day of school. He'll regret it one day.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
G
BK,

How exciting about your girls!!!! What a wonderful time for you and them and I hope she had a fantastic birthday.

I'm happy to hear you are doing so well. The moments are so special and cannot be replaced. Your xh is missing do much. Such a shame for him. Job is right. He will regret that somewhere down the road and it's his loss. What a loss it is.

Take care of yourself:-) Keep living a good life.

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 09/05/14 12:49 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
J
J
Bk. I will echo that the girls dad is a fool. The start of school is such an exciting time of year. New teachers new friends new experiences. Glad you are in a place where you can savor every moment.

Me 44 H 42
M 10 T 12 (at time of BD)
Ss 20 16
S11 (special needs)

BD 9/13 H "unhappy for years" moves to seperate bedroom
10/13 EA/PA confirmed but denied
S and I move out 3/15
W
W
(((BK)))

I hate to give my XH any kudos, but I do have to say he is involved in the kids' lives. At least for the moment. That must be so painful for your girls. I am so sorry.

Hang in there.
WH

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
L
L
Hey, BK...our lives seem to continue to reflect like a mirror. No card from Smokey on D12's B'day last Sunday. She received the first communication from him in four months...a Happy B'day text. So sad...I feel the heavy heart of a mother seeing her kid mistreated and a bit of the relief that comes from knowing he is in no shape to parent her the way she deserves. IDK. Painful and sad.

But...I'm OK!! And, the girls are too...sad about the move, but they are going to thrive in this new life. If Brooklyn is Happy, her girls will be happy...They have the most important piece to the equation.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the warm wishes.

Get ready for a rant.

Ex just came to pick up the girls. I can't look at him. He was late as per usual. Also he asked for a Saturday pick up instead of Friday night cause he was still getting back from Mexico. Its pathetic he sees the girls 4 days a month and he can't coordinate his vacations around picking them up at the right time.

I gave him some mail. He apologized for one type of mail still coming to my apartment. I said its really not a big deal and I got a dirty look.

By the way he didn't bring my support check. What day of the month is this.

Also in his email last night regarding pick up time he asked me how the first few days of school are going. I felt like I needed to provide the Cliff Notes for him instead of him showing up. I give him a summary so he could appear to the kids like he knew the names of kids and teachers.

I HATE THE SIGHT AND THE SOUND OF HIM.

I hate the notion these days of everything having 2 fair and equal sides. Sometimes there is a right side and sometimes their is a wrong side. Take Hitler and Germany in WW2, they were evil - end of story. My ex is an evil prick - end of story.

Off to have a great weekend and much needed break from the kiddos

Last edited by BklynMom; 09/06/14 02:47 PM.

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

B
OP Offline
B
I had a lovely relaxing weekend with no kids. Really organized the girls room for the school year which is nice.

But…

When girls came home tonight I had a major mental back slide.

They told me D6 had a birthday party with ex, his gf, his sister and family and his best friend and family. I started spinning.

Starting asking if the cake was as good as the cake I made? If the party was as fun as the parties I had for her?

The girls asked why I couldn't come to the party and I said cause Daddy doesn't want me there.

I wanted to also tell them that daddy and Jess are A$$holes.

I hate that my D6 had a birthday that I wasn't included in and his family etc can be around Jess and act like this is all peachy. I hate that people that divorce is fine.

I hate that my kids don't seem to mind this.

I hate this.

My ex told me at the beginning how great it would be to coparent. Then after my younger ones 3rd bday last year has decided we should have separate parties cause that makes him more comfortable. I HATE HIM

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

A
A
((((Bklyn)))

I'm feeling your frustrations! I want to tell my kids about OW, but we all know we can't tell our children these truths.

Your D loves what you do for her. Don't feel like its a competition with your ex. What truly matters is your D happiness. Be happy for her and her experience. Our WAS took important events from us, but you can celebrate with your D without having to deal w/h and his craziness.

Hang in there!

Atsbaby
M:36 H:35
T: 19 M:12
S:11
D:9
BD: 5/4/14
Proof of OW 8/13/14-love note from her
8/19 admits OW
8/22/14 files D w/o telling me
9/20/14 Says he wants to reconcile
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11