Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2481898 08/23/14 01:44 PM
newton0 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi folks, have not posted on the forum in many months. My wife moved out almost a year ago & its been a long, arduous endeavor of trying to get her to work on our marriage. She hasn't filed for divorce, asked for alimony or changed her mailing address, yet getting her to talk about let alone work on the relationship seems almost impossible. We've gone on trips, vacations, spent the night had sex, etc., but then she pulls away and if I don't initiate oontact, I don't hear from her, which is very, very frustrating. I've been trying to include her in all aspects of my life, but she lives a separate life & doesn't include me. Over a month ago, I didn't hear from her after spending the night at her apartment, so I texted her on Friday (2+ days later) and she said she was at a party, and we could do something & talk tomorrow. Frustrated, I responded that 'this isn't working for me, and if she cannot or will not step up, then I'm going to start seeing other people'. I haven't heard a word from her since, which has been extremely painful.

My therapist says I have done all I could do.

She still has some things at the house, so after the 1-year period is up, I don't know whether to text her and ask her what she wants to do with them, file for divorce (which I don't really want to do), or simply stay dark.

Sometimes I think by not responding, she has given me her answer, other times, I feel like reaching out to her.

Thoughts?

<sigh>

Me: 46
Ex: 38
Married: 10
Together: 12
No Children
Separated (again): 09/06/13
Divorced: 02/27/15
newton0 #2483162 08/29/14 07:24 PM
R
R
All of your questions can be answered by a Divorce Busting Coach.
Being unsure of how to act or react is natural. Let a Divorce Busting coach help guide your decisions. You will feel confident with your choices. Call me to discuss our coaching program.
303-444-7004

Roberta, Resource Coordinator
The Divorce Busting Center
303-444-7004
Roberta@divorcebusting.com
Roberta #2486047 09/08/14 09:33 AM
M
M
djhartm,

I have to say that your comment on same-sex marriages was the most offensive I've heard ever since I've been on the boards. With an attitude like that, I can understand why your W left. Seriously.

You are so far off base about the LGBT community, that's it's amazing that you were able to sustain your relationship as long as you have.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard