Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#2475770 08/04/14 07:38 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi Gang,

Been MIA in here for far too long. Named this thread in honor of Bets as Petty in Pink is supposed to be her fav movie. Alrighty!

Nothing profound here. Just wanted to share my thought.

In scanning the world wide web, I come across Buzz Feed who swears that a human can walk on a crate of eggs without breaking 'em. Sure, right! So I view it and it is iffy to me for it is a tad bit too controlled.

The only way a person can walk on a crate of eggs without breaking 'em if if you are as lightweight as Tinkerbell. Jimny Cricket...one lone egg would definitely crack under my weight!

And they say that our tongue is as unique as our own fingerprint. Hmmmm...the way I figure this is the next new groovy techie in biometrics is licking the fingerprint scan to be granted access to our next flight to the Bahamas! smirk

Wonka #2475777 08/04/14 07:47 PM
G
G
Wait---Wonka, you're starting a new thread?

How cool is THAT?

smile

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

Wonka #2475792 08/04/14 08:35 PM
Hey Wonka!

Okay, I'm smiling. Would you believe that D17 and I watched Sixteen Candles last night? We watched the Breakfast Club last week (though it was playing right after Sixteen Candles last night too). I was busy watching Sharknado 2 when D20 cut me off for watching the stupidest notion ever. LOL, she's right but it was so dumb I laughed. D17 fell asleep... so we then switched to The Help. (That was awesome, BTW.)

I don't have anything profound to offer. I'd say my schedule included some QT with D20 before she heads back to NY next week, but that would be a lie. She's working non-stop. So I'm doing my own thing. School starts for D17 in 2 weeks, so I'm trying to make the most out of the extra time in the morning for the next 2 weeks. Then it's back to 5:30 wake up time and being tired. Oh well. All good things must come to an end, right?

I sincerely hope we don't have to do lick scans any time soon. That kinda grosses me out. I'll take a less tech job in the future!

I need to go post at BA's thread now. No egg crate walking here either. I don't relish more laundry...

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
T
T
Glad you are no longer MIA Wonka!

Personally, I love Sixteen Candles. Or maybe I just had a big crush on Jake Ryan wink

I don't know what you are referring to by walking on eggshells... smile

Bomb January 2012 - doesn't feel the same about me

~ "There is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance."
TVS,

Who doesn't love Jake Ryan? grin I mean come on... what healthy American girl wouldn't dream of having him and his red Porsche waiting for her?

Or maybe because it's because I'm a girl of the 80s? That was my decade and I have mostly wonderful memories of all things 80s. Especially the music. My D20 tells me that having Bon Jovi, MC Hammer, Def Leppard and Michael Jackson was something she wished she could have had...

She's addicted to Say Yes to the Dress and told me on Saturday, "I wish I had been at yours and Dad's wedding". I immediately answered, "Well, I'm really glad you weren't!"

Time to shut down my PC - we're having a severe thunderstorm.

TTFN-Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
T
T
Jake Ryan is dreamy. The same actor was in "Mermaids" too. Just love him!

I love all things 80's too. If loving the 80's is wrong, I don't want to be right smile

~ TVS smile

Bomb January 2012 - doesn't feel the same about me

~ "There is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance."
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Warning....this is not going to be a Pretty in Pink post....

Right now, I am feeling really deflated, disappointed, and sad.

I had just gotten off the phone with a man who relayed some bad news to me. There's no way I will talk about this with anyone in real life for obvious reasons.

Here some background.

This man's wife is really good friends with this woman who is a childhood friend (Woman A). Apparently Woman A had been in a very abusive marriage for close to 5 years and planned to leave on August 30th to move in with her two good friends for a while to get her settled and allow her to secure a place to live.

Well, that changed on Monday. She just upped and left her husband by packing her things in her car and had her dog with her in the middle of the night. Woman A shows up at this man's new house along with her dog. The problem that came up was that her dog was nipping and biting this man's young children.

After much discussion last night, I agreed to have Woman A come to my house today as I had a very nice guest room for her to use to get her settled and not have to worry about her dog harming the young children.

Well, just now...I had a very difficult convo with this man who sorrowfully informs me that Woman A just decided to return back to her abusive H who begged and begged her to come back home. He promised all sundry that he won't do this again and blah blah. And get this...H blamed his first wife for spreading false stories and lies to Woman A about him!!

That was very, very hard to hear because Woman A showed me a photo of her H out in the garage preparing a hanging noose from the rafters. He's hit her several times. Woman A told me that she spoke with his first wife...she warned Woman A that the H had knifed her in the stomach and that it was the last straw for her. Cue divorce.

Breathing deeply now.

This is so hard to process as I had prepared the guest room and was ready to support this stranger, Woman A, to begin her life anew in a completely new place and a different state.

F@ck, f*ck those abusive bastards!!!!!!! This is when I feel the gallows should be reinstated as a punishment for these depraved folks. sick mad mad

I am worried sick that she'll end up dead soon and that her childhood friend will be attending her funeral. This has completely knocked the wind out of me.

Wonka #2481253 08/20/14 10:08 PM
W
Wet Offline
W
Wow, Wonka. That's a story that shows there's a real person out there that needs help. Do you want us to just listen, or do you want us to throw out suggestions of ways to possibly help? Definitely not 'Pretty in Pink'...

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
Wonka #2481254 08/20/14 10:09 PM
S
S
what a terrible, terrible situation!

Im so sorry for you and for woman A.

My heart hurts for her.

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
Ss06 #2481255 08/20/14 10:11 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Yep. A terrible situation indeed.

Needed to get this off my chest.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard