Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
M
M
And btw, LRT is doing something. You have to remember that the effort of no contact/GAL is its own activity. Stay strong.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
I
I
Yup I agree 150% with zew. It truly is the only way. You don't need her to be happy, and she needs to know that but more importantly, YOU need to know that. Keep quiet and let her be...I bet she contacts you within 5 days...you heard it here first Thorn LOL!

ME: 43 W:44
M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
D papers served 5/5/14 (how appropriate a date)
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
Our marriage ends 11/17/14
S
S
So...you want to do something huh. What does that mean? Does that mean you want to work on yourself? Does that mean you want to start a new hobby or do something you've always wanted to try? Does it mean you want to start a new book or go see a movie? Maybe volunteer and help people that actually need and would appreciate your help? Seriously brother what does doing something mean? IF it means contacting WAW then you will force me to bust out my 2x4 and I really don't like doing that.

I promise you, doing anything in the direction of contacting WAW or anything like that will not go well for you at this time. And please stop trying to figure out why she contacted you. It may mean something, it may not. Who knows. You did well in that interation. Be happy with that, continue working on improving yourself and moving forward with your life. If she does or doesn't if you continue to look at yourself you know you'll be improving your life so you'll be in a better place for the next time.

Personality is who the world sees, character is who you are

Turn your trials into your testimonies

Don't believe everything you think

Expectations are resentments waiting to happen
T
OP Offline
T
So the general consensus is remain NC? Kidding!

I know you guys are right. And I wasn't planning on doing anything stupid, I think I just needed to get it out of my system.

This truly is a roller coaster. Some days I feel pretty decent, and then I get blindsided the next day. Some days I go from strong to weak in a matter of hours. Ugh.

Tomorrow I'm going out for drinks after work with my co-workers. I look forward to having a beer or two and some non-work related conversation.

Thanks again everyone for keeping me grounded.

I
I
That's the way Thorn and yes...there are days you feel like Hercules...and then 20 minutes later you feel like Wimpy from Popeye. That's how this pattern seems to go for us LBS's. One thing is for sure, NONE of us have gotten the reactions we've wanted from our WAW's without NC. I still haven't contacted mine first...since she left. Each and every communication we've had since she left was initiated by her. So hang tough my friend, you are indeed on the right path. Those beers will feel good tomorrow night too! Enjoy...and keep an eye out for any pretty ladies! Hey...why not?

ME: 43 W:44
M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
D papers served 5/5/14 (how appropriate a date)
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
Our marriage ends 11/17/14
T
OP Offline
T
Aye aye Cap'n!

S
S
Yeah Thor it's all part of the process. I used to have swings by the minute. I think the night out with some friends will do you some good. Got any plans for the rest of the weekend?

What book are you reading now?

Personality is who the world sees, character is who you are

Turn your trials into your testimonies

Don't believe everything you think

Expectations are resentments waiting to happen
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks, Spartan.

Tomorrow I'm going to the gym, probably go buy some new clothes, and then church. Tomorrow night maybe catch a movie.

I just finished Love Must Be Tough, I need to go to the library. I want to read No More Mr Nice Guy and Light Her Fire.

T
T
Originally Posted By: Thornton
Thanks, Spartan.

Tomorrow I'm going to the gym, probably go buy some new clothes, and then church. Tomorrow night maybe catch a movie.

I just finished Love Must Be Tough, I need to go to the library. I want to read No More Mr Nice Guy and Light Her Fire.

I admire your strength of NC! I wish I would have found this board from the beginning but I was 2 months in and doing a lot of damage. I hope that you being here early on will help your sitch and you spouse. However - if it does not at least you have been able to work on yourself.

Laughter is the best medicine. Let your W hear about you going out and having a genuinely great time - not because you tell her but I'm sure someone will talk. Some people love to stir the pot

M 31 H 34
S 6 S 9
BD 2/14 Piecing 8/14
B
B
You got this Thorn, youve already seen the seed sprouting. Keep doing what youre doing and watch it grow. I cant wait to see some results in my sitch like this. Best of luck to you!

M:33
W:30
T:10 M:2
B/D: 5/27/14
S: 5/28/14
Wife moved back in 7/18/14
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard