Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
K
KdogGS Offline OP
OP Offline
K
What an awkward encounter! How old was this guy? It sounds like he was trying to be nice but was just weird.

I'm hoping to hear about my promotion today, I need a change from my current role, so finger's crossed.

You did miss my big hint, go back and read your old thread, you'll find it.

Has the summertime helped your mood? You said you can be weather dependent, just curious if that's helped?

H: 29
WAXW: 30

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
Negotiated Settlement- 5/9/14
D Final- 5/21/14
XW has breakdown in attorney lobby- 5/30/14
M
M
How'd things go w/ the promotion?

The banker looked to be in his early 30's maybe. He looked like he was from an early 2000's boy band... he was handsome. But yeah it was awkward. mimidb14 I looked in my thread to no avail, but make a note. The summertime sun has made me feel better... but I'm still on an emo-coaster b/ of the D sometimes. I don't know why. H pops into my head everyday even though it's unwanted. And I'm still working way too much and still making way to little to really enjoy things fully.

Hope you enjoyed your 4th. I Took my dog to the fireworks yesterday and he did awesome. I thought he'd freak out and bark at everyone but even w/ all the running and screaming kids etc... he did great.

me: 30 H:30
tgthr:7 m:4
no kids
5 counseling sessions initiated by H as a LR: Oct 2012
long distance marriage b/c of work since Nov 2012
official BD: July 2013
nothing filed
1/1/14 I dropped the rope
K
KdogGS Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Still have not heard on the promotion! Would imagine it would be tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Don't knock those boy bands, they're my favorite. ; )
Still sounds like it was an awkward encounter. Noted. Mine was way obvious, you'll catch it, pay attention. Are you planning to go back to the bank and hit on that awkward banker?!

Sad to hear your still on the coaster. Even after everything is finalized I still miss XW. I let my attorney go, and emailed W's attorney regarding the QDRO she's supposed to draft per court order to get XW my retirement account money she was awarded. I sent that email to her attorney weeks ago, never even got a confirmation of receipt. If you had over $20k coming to you, wouldn't you be a bit more proactive about it? I would.

I will have to mail XW a check coming from the old mortgage company in both of our names. Thinking about printing out that email I sent to her attorney and including it in the mailing in case she forgot about it. I want to comply with the court ordered division of the account.

The 4th was a non-event for me. The neighbors shot off fireworks which did not please Kahlua the Dog. I took her outside to watch, she didn't behave nearly as well as yours did. Sounds like yours did really well! All kids survived with their limbs too, so that a bonus.

It's really hot and muggy here, I wish I could go back to the weather in late May. That was perfect weather and the timeframe you should look at. It wasn't nearly as hot.

What kind of dating prospects do you have? What are you planning to do regarding working too much and making too little?!

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
D Final- 5/21/14
M
M
He was totally a lost member of 98 degrees....I dont think I could ever hit on a guy lol but I may take all of my banking needs to that branch from now on hahaha wink

20k....yeah....I would definitely do whatever needed to be done to get my hands on that lol. I didn't get anything from my H. I dont want anything anyway...
i was kind of annoyed to see on the dissolution financial forms he made such a large amount of last year....7x more that I made. But yeah... o well.

What am I doing about my job sitch? I have been applying but nothing has led to an interview yet. So I will just keep applying until something works out. The note you made is for gmail. try it out. Unfortunately I do not know many people where I currently live so I dont know what else can be done as far as finding a new job...my current job created some new positions but purposely left out salary info on the job description. ..so im sure its under 30,000 so that wouldnt even be worth it because its a lot of work of basically nothing ( I work at a non profit....funny the executive director makes 6 figures by the majority of the staff is barely living wage)

Dating? Ha! A couple guys I already know have contacted me to hang out on fb...but neither followed through. I haven't met any one new...I feel like I really dont see many guys I would be interested in and when I do I find out they are a few years younger (under 25) or they are engaged or married. I feel like most guys worth anything are already taken at my age...or are harder to come by.

I dont even know where I would met someone. I got out to eat...to church...and thats about it lol. An old friend is coming to my city to visit next weekend Nd he was to see me....so I told him im available friday...he said friday is good but friday and Saturday would be nice... I dont know if thats a hint...as you've seen I am terrible at catching them lol. But it will be nice to hang out with a male for the first time in a year...I love the city I live in and he's never been here before so it will be fun show I him around.

Have you been on any new dates lately?

me: 30 H:30
tgthr:7 m:4
no kids
5 counseling sessions initiated by H as a LR: Oct 2012
long distance marriage b/c of work since Nov 2012
official BD: July 2013
nothing filed
1/1/14 I dropped the rope
K
KdogGS Offline OP
OP Offline
K
That salary disparity exists at all kinds of places. I think in your case it's much lower than at a big corporation but CEO pay is something like 400 times the average employee at big companies. I mean really? There are numerous studies showing that happiness levels top out at $75k of income, and that making more does not necessarily make you happy! It sounds like a bump would help a lot in your case though, I hope you have a fruitful search.

That old friend coming to visit sounds promising, and yes if he mentioned both days that sounds like he has some expectations that the first night would go well. Have a great time showing him around.

My last date was a week ago, we went to Dave and Buster's. Conversation was good, but I wasn't attracted to her very much. I think she liked me, because she continues to text/call occasionally. I'm not pursuing that one, so the search continues. That makes 10 dates with different women so far. All those people thinking they're missing out on the single life seem to be sorely mistaken!

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
D Final- 5/21/14
K
KdogGS Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Walk away spouses continue to baffle me even post-divorce.

XW demanded more money from the IRA in the negotiated settlement. Divorce finalized months ago. Has substantial amount owed to her from my IRA. I've contacted her attorney in writing two times to get the paperwork to complete the transfer to her. Her attorney stated she would send me the paperwork by end of week but has not, just like throughout the process. Why demand more money and then not be proactive about taking it? XW complained about financial difficulties

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
D Final- 5/21/14
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard