Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Lost! Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Yesterday is gone with all its problems. Tomorrow is not here yet; I'm not worried or even giving it a thought to the problems tomorrow might bring. Let today reign. I'll take control of today and make it mine without thought of the yesterdays or tomorrows to come, because today is a new day for me to shine, take care of me and my daughter.

I know I'm not perfect, but lets face it, nobody is. We all had our ups and downs, some smiles and frowns, we all have bumps and bruises, we all have our twists and turns, we have some scars that still burn, and some people don't wanna wake up in the morning. But I'm here to let you know that everything is gonna be okay, let the past be the past because today is a new day for me and my little angel.

I've spent the past week completely focusing on me and my daughter. I treated myself to the finest meals and wine. Money is low, but who say you can't enjoy yourself because of fears of tomorrow. I had a great time this past weekend. I spoke to my daughter in the morning and got a tune up done on my road bike, So looking forwards to be back cycling once I get cleared by the Doc to do so. I spent the evening hanging out with my brother and his friends. I had a great time conversing with them. No marriage talk!

I still think about my w, but not what she's doing anymore. I'm gaining strength daily and looking forward to the future I want for I and my daughter . I've finally accepted the fact that my old marriage is over and nothing can be done to bring that back, in fact I don't want the old marriage anymore. I'm also praying daily and giving up sugar for lent. Overall, I'm doing better than I deserve. I'll do everything possible to continue on this part. I love myself more now and will do anything to be there for my daughter. Looking forward to Disney world with her next month. Thanks to everyone for all your support and advice. Pls continue to post and encourage me through this difficult journey.

L
L
Good for you! Why do you think you are doing better than you deserve? We all deserve for ourselves what we are willing to work for.

I don't want my "old marriage" either, I would like the chance to start fresh with my H someday.

Good luck on your journey and enjoy your D!

J

Me-44 (45)
H- 50 (51)
M-'96

S-18(20)D-15(17)D-12(14)

BD Feb 2014 (he works overseas)
home Oct(sep rooms)
(EAs possible Pa's unconfirmed)
insists wants D through July 2015
no more talk of D since
L
Lost! Offline OP
OP Offline
L
If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop me. If I run into a wall, I'll not turn around and give up. I'll figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

I'll not stop but continue the climb. It is possible for me to do whatever i choose, if i first get to know me and willing to work with a power that is greater than me to do it. My God knows all my trouble and what's in my heart. He's able to change heart and give me lasting peace.

I'm doing better than I deserve not because I've my family back or happy with my situation. I'm doing better because I leave all my trouble and headache to God.

L
Lost! Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Day 6 without any communication with w. She sent me a picture of her brother new born baby this morning and my response was simple
Thanks, she's adorable. I don't know what the future holds for us but I'm more determined to keep working on me and fixing all that's broken in my life.

L
Lost! Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Simply*

P
P
Stop counting the days your W did not communicate with you.
You'll drive yourself crazy with expectations.

M35 XW34
D5 D4
M 6years T 10years
Bomb 5/2013
Joint Petition signed 6/2013
Moved out end of 8/2013
Court Hearing of Joint Petition 9/2013
D finalized in 3 months - no news yet
Y
Y
I dont see a problem in counting days, specially since he is in withdrawal and if that makes him feel happier... What you are doing its working for you, keep doing it wink when it doesnt work for yourself, change it.

When the student its ready, the teacher will appear...
Even after all this time the sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me."
Look what happens with a love like that,It lights the whole sky.
L
Lost! Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I don't know what the future holds, but I think the end is near. I can feel it in my gut. I'm no longer afraid but gradually accepting my new reality to come. Either way, I'll be fine. I'm staying home tonight, looking at pictures and thinking of the good memory we shared together as a family. The happiest day of my life was the birth of our daughter, I still remember her first visit to DC, she was only couple of month old. I'm sad that my wife won't give her the opportunity of knowing what a loving family looks like.

I've seen the statistics and the damage this could do to kids. Children from broken families are nearly five times more likely to suffer damaging mental troubles than those whose parents stay together. My goal is to make sure she's not part of the statistics by showing her true love and present for all holidays and birthdays. Few tears and laughter, but I'm ok, compared to two weeks ago. My daughter is my world.

L
Lost! Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for the advice. Counting days does nothing to me. It shows strength and how far I've come and how far I've to go. You cannot change what you refuse to confront. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

L
Lost! Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks man! Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things clearly. The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too. If a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so. Think twice before reserving a space in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard