Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
OP Offline
F
On a positive note I am going on holiday (Vacation) on Wednesday with a couple of friends from work. I'm am going to a warmer country. So I have a week off work away from it all, sunshine & cocktails.

I haven't had a boys holiday for over 15 years, before I met my wife.

Me: 34, Wife: 34
Son: 2
Married: 8, Together: 14
Wife moved out 8/25/2013
Divorce papers received 01/10/2014
W
W
Fight4MyWife, I am in the UK and I was in the same situation you are right now, last week. I went to see 4 different solicitors, 1st consultation is usually free, to seek advice and they all advised the same. Do not contest unless you have lots of money to do so. 99% of divorces in the UK are uncontested, agreement is usually reach by both parties without the need for solicitors. Once solicitors are involved the bills creep up very fast.

I have agreed with my WAS to be amicable and not to contest the divorce.

Me 48, W 50
M 21, T 27
4 Boys 11 to 19.
BD 01 Dec 13
W
W
Also there are plenty of UK Divorce sites that explain the reasons for unreasonable behaviour have no effect on the financial settlement or parenting arrangements unless child abuse etc is in the unreasonable behaviour.

There are loads of great UK Divorce sites where you can read about the legal process for Divorce.

Me 48, W 50
M 21, T 27
4 Boys 11 to 19.
BD 01 Dec 13
F
OP Offline
F
Just posting to update my thread as I haven't posted or updated for quite a while.

I got back from my weeks holiday in a hot country, at the end of January, and I felt on top of the world, really postive & ready to move forward & let go of the past.

I submitted my "Answer' in the defence of my wife's divorce petition and since then have just been concentrating on feeling good & enjoying life. I have put my relationship with my wife out of mind mostly.

The court hearing regarding the divorce is tomorrow. I don't know what to expect but I am just going to take it in my stride, turn up & give it my best, then accept & surrender to whatever the outcome is.

I received a letter from my wife's solicitor yesterday asking me to move out of our family home within the next 7 days otherwise my wife will have no other choice than to apply for an 'occupation order' & 'non-molestation order'. They have probably timed it to arrive 2 days before the divorce hearing purposely in order to get to me, I suspect.

Anyway that's my current situation, what will be will be, life goes on.

Me: 34, Wife: 34
Son: 2
Married: 8, Together: 14
Wife moved out 8/25/2013
Divorce papers received 01/10/2014
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard