Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
A
AJM Offline
A
Heather. If the pain never goes away, what's your thought on that question?

I doubt somebody would lie about something like that.

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
L
L
AJ,

If I were looking at the statement with an open mind, as someone who didn't have a history with this person, I'd feel very sad for this person.

I guess I would see someone trying to run from himself and not finding a cure for what ails him.

I can't let that sympathy, however, deter me from my path. I have learned a hard lesson, after beating my head until it's bloody...I can't fix what ails him. But, perhaps neither can OW or the drugs or a vacation, job change, move, new toothbrush or lack of messy kids.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
C
C
Heather,
I can tell you that a friend of my parents who was depressed used to tell them depression was like a headache that would never go away. Nothing you did made it feel better. He had a great wife, job and kids. I have to believe that your H is depressed.

I know your H probably blames you as mine does me. He supposedly is filing this month because he has realized he has not been happy for a very long time (he has been depressed for several years) and he said there have been things about me he has been unhappy with for about our whole marriage, 26 years. And we dated 2 years prior.

Of course one of my answers is you haven't really been around me for the last several years.

Is your H on any medication or doing any counseling? It sounds like he needs it if he's not.

My parent's friend who I knew very well myself eventually committed suicide. For me, I never knew he was depressed. He was a very jolly guy with a lot of friends. But I guess inwardly he had a lot of demons and my parents were very close to him and knew he was never really happy.

I hope the best for your H. He has to like him self and be happy before he can feel something for someone else in my opinion.

I always thought too that when they have affairs they can't like themselves too much. How could they?

M 48 H 50
M 25 T 27
D 20,18,15
6/11 H filed
3/12 H dropped
4/12 H moved out
C
C
Hey Wonka!!! Where have you been? We've been anxiously waiting for another installment of Wonkaland!

You have been very gracious to let us inside the head of a former mlcer. Thanks for that.

M 48 H 50
M 25 T 27
D 20,18,15
6/11 H filed
3/12 H dropped
4/12 H moved out
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hey, hey...let's chill a bit here. I am going AWOL from this thread for the long weekend because it's my birthday and I bet the Kent Farm that Ms. Wonka will text me wishing me HBD. grin

Please don't wreck the community outdoor fire pit while I'm away...'k?! Thanks much.

P.S. Complicated, if you want another installment of Wonkaland. I'll give you a mini one here and now. I am using DBing skills on Ms. Wonka and my hot gal, Cass. rolling eyes

A
AJM Offline
A
Happy Birthday, Wonka.

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
L
L
Hippity Hoppity B'thirthday!!!

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
F
F
Ohhh, goody. B-day spanking time!

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
C
C
Happy Birthday Wonka! Hope you have a great one and you get that text. Good Luck with the dbing.

M 48 H 50
M 25 T 27
D 20,18,15
6/11 H filed
3/12 H dropped
4/12 H moved out
B
B
Happy Birthday Wonka

TPS
Me: 44 H: 42
M14 T17
S10 D7
10/10 H moves out after death of his father-same month
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
04/05/12 OW/PA confirmed (rumors from 2010)
July '14 H ends affair
May '15 H moves back home
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard