Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#2419838 01/02/14 08:35 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Oh dear, my old thread locked up. Sorry Job! Thank you all for your replies; I will try to consolidate them in a post soon. But in the meanwhile, here is my song for my new thread, a song that Portia and I have been singing about our selves, right Portia?

My new mantra: "I'm saving all my loving for someone who's loving me" and with whom I do NOT have to STFU! smile

"I will Survive"

It took all the strength I had not to fall apart
Just trying hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart

And I spent oh so many nights just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry but now I hold my head up high
And you see in me, somebody new
I'm not that chained up little person still in love with you
And so you felt like dropping in and just expect me to be free
but now I'm saving all my loving for someone who's loving me

Oh now go, walk out the door
Just turn around now
cause you're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried
to break me with goodbye?
Did you think I'd crumble?
Did you think I'd lay down and die?

Oh no not I, I will survive
Oh as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live and I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive...I will survive

My old thread: It is well with my soul

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
B
B
What a great song to start your new thread with!
RL, I’ve been reading your updates and I’m so inspired by your attitude and your courage.

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
B
B
RL

Happy new year. I too have been reading up and have been very inspired by your bravery and positive attitude.

Hugs and love to you

TPS
Me: 44 H: 42
M14 T17
S10 D7
10/10 H moves out after death of his father-same month
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
04/05/12 OW/PA confirmed (rumors from 2010)
July '14 H ends affair
May '15 H moves back home
I
I
Who would of thought that would be my song some 30 yrs ago,but it has helped me so so much since I have been on this journey, I read here alot dont post much but just had to let you know this song is so on the money for me......
So sorry you find yourself in here after all those years of marriage,but my Mom had a saying in spanish "nadien se va de esta vida sin pagar lo que se debe........and I have seen it time and time again.
Basically it means no oneleaves this earth without gettingpaid back for the wrongs that they have done

Done 01/2014
W
W
Lady Linda,

You're gonna survive and THRIVE in 2014! And maybe twerk some handsome stud muffin along the way! blush

Wonka #2419934 01/03/14 01:39 AM
S
S
Linda, you're going to do great. You made a tough decision, but you took the time to think it through and state your boundaries.

Your h is crazy right now and not thinking clearly. Let him figure out how to get to Russia and take care of himself. As a fellow "fixer", I understand that you want to make sure he has a place to stay, etc., but he made his choice and he needs to deal with the consequences.

You are so very strong and all of us are here for you. And just think how great it'll be to come home and not have to worry what some crazy guy is up to in your living room. And no more booties or disgusting food in the kitchen!

M36 XH34
M-5 T7
4/11 H confused
5/11 ILYB
6/11 OW discovered
7/11 I move out, OW over
5/12-OW2,done->new EA, but H wont file
9/12 H "best bf ever" to EA/OW3
3/13 H/OW break up
H files 4/13
D 6/18/13
M
M
RosaLinda!

Goodness! I just caught up with your thread - had to because I wasn't clear on some your "alternate" posts... and wow.

I know you went through so very very much to get to the point you are now. I want to give you a big hug smile and tell you how much I admire you.

I believe you will do more than just survive, I believe you will thrive. And you deserve to!

Take very good care of yourself. You are stronger than you know and will handle this next chapter with grace.

<3 ~ Jaye

Me 46 H 56
M 22 yrs
S22, D20, Twin Ss18

You teach people how to treat you by what you allow.
What you stop.
And what you reinforce.
~~~~~~~
A lack of boundaries invites a lack of respect.
mizjjd #2420129 01/03/14 05:23 PM
P
P
HEY! HEY!

Linda,

I am singing with you at the top of my lungs (slightly off key) with my platforms and honourary afro fluffed up!!

This must have been a very hard decision for you. But I am so proud of you for doing what was best for you. Whether that was staying or going.

I have never been good with meditations or mantras but give me a power song and I feel it in my toes. Turn up that music, girlfriend!!

Lots of love!!

Portia #2420730 01/06/14 03:20 AM
C
C
Oh Linda, I know you have thought long and hard about this. Your H was not nice to you and I know you have given this your all. I just caught up on your thread and it seems as though a lot happened in a short amount of time.

I am in the same situation except H is filing this month. Things just are not getting better and everything is still my fault. He is ready to file again and I am ready as well. The holidays were still very tough.

I am still committed to not date until the divorce is done. I just feel it is the right thing. I think because if anything should happen and my h would wake up I don't know what I would do so I think it is just better this way.

I am still baffled how your H thinks an r with RT will work. I agree with someone above that to her, he is only good for a green card. I also can't understand what he saw appealing his last trip to russia but they are not normal right now.

You are a very strong woman with so many of us that are here for you. I know you will be fine and someday you will find someone that will appreciate you. That is what I believe. This is all part of God's big plan.

I think it will be difficult for both of us at first because we both have long marriages, mine not as long as yours but still long.

This was a tough decision for you but I have so much faith that you will be just fine. I'm so proud of you for how you have handled yourself throughout.

I hope you take the help that your friends offer you. My friends in my town have been wonderful. Many of them having gone through similar situations and know that I gave it my all.

Hugs to you Linda!!

M 48 H 50
M 25 T 27
D 20,18,15
6/11 H filed
3/12 H dropped
4/12 H moved out
N
N
ooooor - maybe tough little you singin "hit the road Jack"

whattya think?

xxo worked today- pooped . hope your day was good.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard