2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
job Offline
Ambivalent,
Are you okay? We are worried about you. You had a major shock and disappointment yesterday.

Mlcers have a way of telling on themselves, i.e. loose lips. Sometimes they slip up and tell us what they are doing, they contradict themselves or, as you discovered, leave stuff in the car or on the internet.

When he lived at home, did you have a computer workstation that you both shared? If you truly want to snoop, which I don't advocate because you are going to get hurt more and more w/whatever you discover, you can check your internet cookies to see where he's been. I had a PI do my check and discovered a lot of stuff that my xh had been visiting quite often. But, don't do this unless you are sure you can handle it.

Mlcers will hook up w/people who are the opposite of us and yes, they can purchase clothes for them, jewelry or anything the op says that they would like to have. They become rescuers to the OP and will jump through hoops to give them whatever they need.

Unfortunately, confrontation doesn't always take the fun and excitement out of their escapades. Yes, you can expose them and the affair...but it also makes the mlcer more protective of the OP and then the real hiding of activities begins in earnest. The mlcer may become very defensive and may even become very angry and start discussing divorce. I generally recommend not revealing what a lbs discovers until you have more evidence because right now your mlcer feels very comfortable and safe in leaving stuff lying around in his car.

You can confront him, but be prepared for him to come out swinging. He's not going to believe that you were looking for a piece of paper to write a list on and he will become more careful around you. He's not going to be a happy camper about you rummaging around in his car while he was out hunting and may even demand you return your set of keys to his vehicle. He may even attempt to turn the tables and accuse of things and point out that you evidently don't trust him, etc. Gaslighting becomes a tool of theirs doing the crisis.

If you aren't sure what to do, then do nothing for now. Give yourself some time to digest what you've discovered. If you feel that you need a professional to guide you, contact one of the DB coaches and have a discussion w/him or her about it.

But, I do want to caution you, once the cat is out of the bag on his escapades, you can never put that particular cat back in the bag. Please take some time to think about what you want to do. The calmer you are, the better.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
M
M
So you are getting all worked up, coming up with stories in your mind AND you haven't asked him about the receipt that you found in his car?

You better approach this in a calm and cool manner if you do plan to confront. IN the state of mind you're in right now, if you approach him now, you're liable to come across as ballistic.

It was a receipt.

Honestly though, from a man's POV, if he is now getting the attention he's been wanting (including sexual) from someone else that he's been wanting from you for so long, the temptation can be strong. It's up to you how much you want to fight for your M from that point. But do so in a calm manner.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
L
L
Originally Posted By: Ambivalent
I hope he gets an erection that lasts for 6 to 8 hours, accompanied by nausea, dizziness, and ringing in the ears. If this happens while he's checking her oil, the better!

LMAO I love it!

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
Bomb Nov 09 "i'm not happy"
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
W
W
it hurts so because these are our spouses whom we have loved and respected. Now we may feel such disappointment.

I confronted my h about A. I was calm, but I did notice h immediately protecting ow. the anger(his) and lies continued. I know it was his guilt.
I still continue to try my best to behave with dignity. You will too. You are strong.

M48 H50
M21 T26
S20 at college),S17,D15-cp, dev. delay- cogniv 5yrs old
PA confirmed 7/2012
H separates 9/2012
H move home 2/13& 7/13 lasted 2weeks.ILYNILWY
OW still in picture. h filed 10/13
M
M
This really sux Ambiv.... but, like Bond says it was a receipt and you don't "KNOW" anything... yet. Take some time to hear what everyone is saying here. Take the time to think about how you want to handle this.

In DB'ing and like Rosa-Linda re-wrote for you....this may be part of what they need to do. It is "their journey". I can imagine how AWFUL this to be. I'd be devastated and totally ballistic like Bond says. So pointing out an A may just backfire at this point. So, I wonder really...if there is even a point to bringing it up. Maybe, keep it in your back pocket and guard yourself for a while. See what he does, see how he reacts. AND ALWAYS GUARD YOURSELF! Like job suggests, MLC'rs tend to have loose lips.... lets see what he does.

Meanwhile... take care of yourself, because YOU deserve the BEST for yourself.

(((((MANY HUGS))))) Magic!

M:46 H:49 T:20yrs
myD:22
H distant summer/12
H sleeping in b'ment: Nov/12
BD: Dec 2/12
asked me begin to move end of Jan/13
moved Jan 7/13 (left my stuff)
"agreed" to "working on r" Mar 3/13(lipservice!)
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard