Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Wonka #2396470 10/22/13 06:18 PM
B
B
Originally Posted By: Wonka
Bets,

We girls can line up ready to take care of BA's Freaky Fran problem. It's now the boys' turn to take care of your Stalky Stuff problem...BA & Wii...please be on standby!

Ready, willing and able...

BA

Sigh, I know. I'm a cop's kid, so I know what to do. The really good thing is that he has a jacket that I lent him one night and said he wants to return it to me but can't remember where I live. He's really horrible at directions, and that's a blessing in my case. But thanks for also thinking that this is creepy. Not to mention downright weird.

Barb, Best Buy does carry the FitBit. I think they even have several different kinds, so why not check out their website? I think you can even order for pickup in advance, so maybe that will save time?

Good luck with the decluttering too! I think fall is conducive to doing that sort of thing. I know I'm motivated. I'm also planning on painting my front door this weekend. I just want a little something something to make me feel good.

Safe travels, and have a marvelous time!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
F
F
UD...

My daughter is on both topamax and lamictal but has also been on topamax and she takes diastat as her rescue med.

We are headed to the Mayo later next week for her 6 month check up and will most likely be adding another med.

I have heard nothing good about onfi...and weaning it off is difficult (just a heads up to titrate slowly)

We too looked at the keto diet but Finn can't do it for various reasons...have you tried the modified atkins? It might be easier for her to deal with (a lot of parents of more mobile kids have had some success with it)

Hey Fig!

Thanks so much for your update. D16 was on Lamictal until she was 8, when she had seizure breakthrough. We loved that medication - it dissolved on her tongue and was a rock star. The neuro said it may work again in the future, if the Zonisamide stops working. Like you, we have typically needed 2 types of meds to adequately manage the seizures (hers are Petit Mal).

Yes, I totally get the titration length. We have until next Monday to finish titrating her off the morning dose.

And we also use Diastat as her rescue med too!

We have not tried the modified Atkins (sounds like South Beach?). Has that helped your D with the seizures?

She sees the kidney doc on Tuesday (with ultrasound). Her dad is bringing her to that appointment. I'm going to let the neuro talk things through with her on Monday so that she doesn't bombard my XH with all sorts of dribble. The neuro and I really see eye to eye, and I know she'll take our feedback into consideration when approaching the kidney doc. The real deal is that none of us like D16's personality on the onfi. She's kind of mean, very lethargic and has no appetite or thirst. (Note to me that the thirst thing might be the leverage the neuro needs to get through to kidney doc.)

Thanks so much for your thoughts, and I sure hope you have success at Mayo next week. Good luck and hugs!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
I forgot about date 2a we can call him....not a date but a meet and greet....the reason I said that about the kiss is because about 20 min into the date he leans over and says he would like to steal a kiss. EWWWWW!

I said No, and he was miffed....so I started talking about guns etc...he doesn't like them and doesn't believe in them..and would never have them in his house.... I told him I have 3 in my home today and looking at another one.....he ask for the check!

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

G
OP Offline
G
BA,
I just don't think I'm all that excited about dating, to tell you the truth. I've been listening to this fabulous webinar all week called "Dating with Dignity" and it's been incredible. I no longer feel the need to 'duty date' and I really just want to go out with men I'm truly interested in. I'm not certain Mr. EMT has the deep spiritual connection to himself and life that I'm longing for. I threw out a few comments that way and he had no idea what I was talking about. He seems to be a solid, stable, just the surface, kind of guy. Nice enough, but probably not the whole package. And, that's totally okay because I wouldn't dream of settling. That amazing man will find me...and I'm feeling it's coming soon. smile

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
G
OP Offline
G
Oops...forgot to talk about the Red Rocks workout. YES! We run up those stairs 5 or 6 times and then around the ramps in the park. We do push ups and other exercises on the stage and we do tricep dips off the edge of the stairs, lunges, and all kinds of other crazy stuff. It's insanity at it's finest and I love it! smile

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09

Life is all about Plan B
B
B
Originally Posted By: Golfgirl1
BA,
I no longer feel the need to 'duty date' and I really just want to go out with men I'm truly interested in.

I got to this point as well. I felt like I was just going out with people after the first "date" even though it was less than thrilling just to be nice. Then Barbara popped back into the picture and what a difference in feeling it is to be going out with someone you are really into versus just going through the motions hoping something might evolve. I hope that amazing man is in the very near future for you!

Oh and the Red Rocks workout sounds both very cool and very painful! smile I'd love it too!

BA

G
OP Offline
G
Good Lord! A 100 year old man just 'viewed' me on golfmates.com Really?! Is this what it's come down to??? frown

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09

Life is all about Plan B
W
W
Was he hot?

Divorced February 27, 2012.