Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
So why not? I'd doesn't do anyone any good to focus on the negative! Lol. So still sleepy but what am I gonna do except try to sleep earlier. Saw a cardinal tonight while walking Cooper. I am a big believer in signs you know. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Life should be more about experiences. By taking Cooper for walks, rather than trusting him to the mismatched fences in my backyard, I get to see bunnies in the yards, all sorts of birds waking up and sometimes, the start of the sunrise. Not a bad way to start the day.

I still got up earlier than I wanted. Tossed and turned and finally gave up and just got up. My allergies have kicked up again. Does the warmer weather seem to do that? I was doing pretty well with the cooler air. Hopefully we get the rain cool down they are predicting on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a good start to the day! kat.

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
S
S
Sounds like you're stopping to smell the roses - always a good thing. Like you, I've gotten up,earlier the past few days. Not a bad thing when the sun is shining!

We are too far north for cardinals though I had them in Niagara & daily at the Florida condo. I LOVE them!

Enjoy your great day!

Barb

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
S17 and I did our partner in crime routine tonight. I couldn't get the washer door to unlock. I was getting an unbalanced error but if I can't unlock the door how am I supposed to rebalance the load? I messed with it some this morning and researched on the Internet. One suggestion was to unplug it for 7 minutes and it would reset itself and unlock the door.

I couldn't get behind the washer to unplug it (the plug is down low) but S17 was able to get behind it. We did the unplug reset, took out some of the clothes, cleaned up the mess and away we go. smile

Even a few weeks ago, he might have made fun of me with his GF here. Instead he offered to help me. I think he is finding a way to be himself instead of being a smart aleck in front if her. I am hopeful.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
S
S
Kat - that's great! I can relate. When Ashleey was frowning up - every day was a struggle. Once in a blue moon we had a moment like yours today & I saw a glimpse of the real Ashley. Now she has settled down & is so much easier to live with. Everything is in reverse. She is pleasant & fun and then something upsets her & I get a brief glimpse of the grumpy teen I used to have. I'm so glad those moments are fairly rare now.

Your son is a good kid. He has been through some difficult times. But he is still the same great boy you've raised. I'm glad you got a glimpse of that today.

Barb

K
K
Just saying hello!!!
xx
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hey Maria! Long time no see/talk. Hope all is going well in lovely Greece!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I went to D14's band practice during the football scrimmage. I remember all the stuff I did in high school and how grown up I felt. Boy i had alot of growing to do! But it was fun watching all the teenagers.

I ran into the kids pediatrician from when the girls were born. I hadn't seen him in three years. So fun to catch up on his family. His second son and my oldest son went to school together. I have to keep putting myself out there. I am incredibly shy and if I don't make myself talk and go places, I will just hide away. My girls keep teasing me and say I am not shy...oh if they only knew!!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Really caught up on some me time this weekend. I think we all deserve that once in a while. I also had to catch up with all that laundry that was on hold due to washer issues from last week. So glad s17 was able to help me.

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend/short work week. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
K
Hey Kat! Yep, loved the long weekend...I'm outgoing and like people, but sometimes I love to hibernate. But unless the pizza guy is single, gotta get out there. They're having a divorce class at my church, and one of my friends is teaching it so I'm going to go, more to get myself out there than anything...

Me 53
D18, S24
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard