Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
A
A
Oh, this is weird. I used to work for Integral Yoga (in one of their stores- I was never a member). Lovely people mostly, but there were definite problems. A real caste system operated, wherein the trust-fund babies got preferential treatment and the rank and file literally did all the heavy lifting. At least some marriages were arranged by the Swami (since deceased), and I think he chose people's religious names as well. Definitely culty, imho.

W
OP Offline
W
The Ananda people had the naming thing going on, And some other interesting stuff. I love their strain of yoga. Just not all the other stuff.

I am working so many hours and my X is still furloughed. He is doing a great job of making us a nice dinner every night. And also making great strides into the getting the house back to perfect enough to go back on the market.

Today I went first thing this morning and sold boat related stuff at a free flea market at West Marine. I sold $74 worth of stuff, Amazing how detached I am from it all. Then I worked my 8 hours, Maybe I'm not detached, maybe I'm tired......

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
W
OP Offline
W
Hi All!

I visited my youngest in Colorado a couple of weeks ago. And am headed out to Texas in a few days to see my older son, his wife and my granddaughters. I also will go to Washington State for Thanksgiving to see my mother.

Then I can relax and enjoy my December all by myself. My X has an extended trip planned. My biggest worry while he is gone will be taking care of the yard.

I am dating someone, but am keeping my options open, as the guy I'm dating works crazy hours and isn't great about keeping in touch. I already had one of those and don't plan on spending the remainder of my life wishing, waiting and hoping.....

Anyway, listen up all you Veterans or friends and family of Veterans. There are a lot of great deals out there for free meals for veterans to celebrate Veterans Day. And even better Home Depot is giving 10% off to all vets! Yea! Google Free Veterans Day stuff and enjoy!

Aloha!
Wendy

D final 9/12
K
kml Offline
K
Hey girl

Quote:
I am dating someone, but am keeping my options open, as the guy I'm dating works crazy hours and isn't great about keeping in touch.

Lol - I dated a few of those. I suggest you google "Love Avoidant" and see if the description fits - if so, know that he is probably a dead-end.

W
OP Offline
W
Dead-end, but kinda fun for now! He is 46, cute and sings along to the radio. Great for my ego. He keeps saying: "Are you sure you are 53?" And I say, "Silly, I keep telling you I am 54!"

It actually has been raining men, but I keep sorting them out and most just aren't worth my time. And my BFF has been being weird about me dating. She actually said I was imagining a guy was flirting. And I was trying to tell her we had had two dates already, but she interrupted me to tell me I was seeing things that weren't there. (Two dates is not my imagination....)

Anyway, I will just keep sorting them out. Internet dating sure brings out the liars. I seem to attract foreign-born men who lie about their age. And Japanese men claim to be way taller than they actually are. I am 5'5". And they all claim to be 5'7". So either I am taller than I think or ????

I am looking at a part-time job. I found a company who wants to charter the catamaran. Which just sits at the dock and doesn't get used. So I am going to see if we can charter her, I will go along to protect my investment, and make a little cash. And I love to sail. And I love that boat.

Who knows what fun awaits?

Aloha All!

D final 9/12
Wen,

It's totally ok if you know you're dating a guy who is just Mr. Right Now. They're pleasant to have around and just generally good distractions. Until they aren't good distractions anymore...

But what is the deal with your BFF? Why on earth is she not supportive of you? Is she jealous or something? WTF? I'd have to evaluate that Best thing if you can't get a good answer on that one. As if life hasn't been hard enough for you, you'd think she'd be happier you're moving forward?

Yikes!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
B
Originally Posted By: WenikiTiki
Anyway, I will just keep sorting them out. Internet dating sure brings out the liars. I seem to attract foreign-born men who lie about their age. And Japanese men claim to be way taller than they actually are. I am 5'5". And they all claim to be 5'7". So either I am taller than I think or ????

From my online experience, women tell me the two things men tend to fudge on is how tall they are and posting older pictures that do not represent what they now look like. I can't tell you how many women have said to me "Thank god you actually look like the pictures you've posted." On the flip side, it seems the number one thing women tend to fudge on is their age. I have had several dates with women who ended up being several years older than their stated age on their profile. I have no idea why anyone thinks a decent relationship will start off with lies and misrepresentation. crazy

BA

S
S
Hey Wen

The catamaran idea sounds like a perfect one! We are heading your way in Jan - Kaui, Maui & Oahu. Josh came with me 2 years ago & just loved it. Ashley is joining us for the last 2 weeks.

I thought Josh was taller by the pic he had posted online but that was my perception. He is taller than me - some things are much more important.

Could your BFF be jealous? 2 dates cannot be imagined. Enjoy the attention!

Barb

K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
my BFF has been being weird about me dating. She actually said I was imagining a guy was flirting. And I was trying to tell her we had had two dates already, but she interrupted me to tell me I was seeing things that weren't there. (Two dates is not my imagination....)

It may be jealousy (that you are dating cute younger men) or jealousy (that you are spending time with men and not giving her as much attention) or it may be discomfort. My best friend is youthful, attractive, could easily date men 10-20 years younger - but she has this deep-seated fear that if she dated a younger man, or a very handsome man, he would leave her eventually for someone younger or prettier. All fine and well for her- but when she sees ME with a younger man (and current guy isn't that much younger, just 7 years, but he's super-fit and gorgeous) she projects HER fears onto ME.

Singing along to the radio is a good trait! I like guys that are not so full of themselves that they can't be silly.

K
kml Offline
K
Oh - and my best friend is super-slim, and a little bit OCD about her weight; I think it perplexes her that so many men find my curvy figure attractive.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard