Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
OP Offline
Quote:
Betsey's thread got locked so I'll say it here. My new attitude BA is "date 'em all, let God sort 'em out!" You try it out first, let me know how it goes lol.

I really didn't consider it my thread - it seems to be the community thread for hashing stuff out.

So welcome to the bar or the coffee joint - whatever you need this to be.

Welcome to all who are trying to figure out what we're doing, and the others who are trying to help us.

grin

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
In true DB form - Wii just did a 180!!! But I think it's the way to go. You look through the whole bowl of apples to find the one that appeals to you most. If once a week an apple appeared on your doorstep & it was pretty good - you would probably just go with it. But if whole bowl appeared - you'd be a lot choosier.

Barb

G
G
B & B,

Great advice and I plan on following it! I just got a call from Great Expectations trying to sell me a membership. Yeah, only $2,000; I had a friend who signed up a few years ago. No thanks...

Glad you opened another thread. I thought I got locked out for some reason?

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
W
W
Originally Posted By: SunFunOne
In true DB form - Wii just did a 180!!!

Hey, I can go both ways Barb...OK, maybe not.
Anyway, I don't think there's a right or wrong. I think BA should do what makes him comfortable. Coffee meetings (as I was informed are not to be called "dates" by a lady) are rushing here and there and usually the man lets the lady pick the place, which is usually a place they are comfortable with and that's not necessarily near you. So pumping them all into one week and fitting the rest of your life in as well seems a bit much to me. But hey, that's the way some people like to roll. I'm good either way.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
K
K
No one said it all had to be in one week but these get togethers also don't have to be heavy duty dates. Somewhere just to meet snd talk is the point. Lucky that you have 4 interested at once. I think it seems to be feast or famine. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
W
Invite all four to the same restaurant and just move from table to table. No fuss, no muss and far less travel time lol!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
K
K
Why does that make me think of dinner with Mrs Doubtfire?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
OP Offline
Wii,

That sounds a lot like speed dating? Lol. Go for it!

Hope BA comes back to tell us what path he's going to take. We can live vicariously through him?!

I've had a great day. I met a new client over the phone today and immediately knew where he was from and he confirmed that although he lives in Georgia, he's from northern Virginia and we share lots of common experiences. I love when that happens. Plus he is spending money with me. Life is good.

Sweet Stuff has been busy interviewing but we are plodding along comfortably. I've been busy napping like the dead. I think it's the heat because I'm wilting. Golf Girl I don't know how you can swing a club in it. Anyway, he is still sweet and I'm enjoying the journey. We had a very deep conversation about trustworthiness last night. We were both honest and I think he realized how deep it was and incorrectly guessed that I had a hidden agenda for bringing it up. I didn't. At least I seem to have learned something along this bumpy road.

When times were tough, this place was a godsend. I'm thankful that I still have quite a few friends in person who I met here. I'm blessed.

TTFN,

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
Sweet Stuff really sounds like a great guy. You are building a R from the ground up - one bit at a time. That gives you a pretty solid foundation. Keep enjoying!

Not all guys enjoy talking on the phone. Fortunately for me - Josh does. That's good since we are apart a lot. But we have learned to keep up frequent, quality communication.

Enjoy!

Barb

OP Offline
He is definitely a chatty guy, Barb. I'm not sure how that happened because he grew up with 3 brothers and one sister, and from his stories it sounds like a house of testosterone. He's an anomaly.

I also have a text from him when I wake up every morning. In my earlier days, I would have considered that cloying. But since he told me Sunday that he's falling for me, that changes everything. I'm not as quick in that department but his feelings are real to him, and he's honest about them. I'm doing what I can to appreciate and honor that. Besides, it's nice to know someone wakes up thinking about them. I'm usually crazy in the morning, struggling with D16 while getting her butt out of bed and dressed, but I answer him back before I leave and wish him a happy day. It's just thoughtful, you know?

But we will see how this all plays out. Right now, I take it one day at a time. That mindset has been the best thing about having a special needs child. You never live outside the present, and that keeps me grounded firmly in today...

Betsey

Albert Einstein
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard