Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
OP Offline
Since I was lazily waiting for Ellie to start a new thread, I thought I'd do it anyway. Sorry, Ellie! I just have an aversion to starting threads again.

But the topic is alluring and definitely timely and relevant, at least in my life, so I'd like to continue.

We last left off with Barb talking about Woody Allen and Soon Yi. Yuck! I think we can dismiss that without reservation.

Barb, you'll be happy to know that I have found a potential great guy at ourtime over the weekend. I had to wade through the flirts (blech) and the wimps who just indicate they like my photo, among those who live in California or New York, to the 34 year old firefighter who sent me a message titled, "Hi beautiful ho!" How flattering?

This guy stood out because he seemed sincere. Plus I liked the fact that he put a demand up on his own - his demand is that he doesn't want any women who are victims and who are negative, and mentioned he was married to a woman who was a victim the entire time they were married. I totally appreciated it.

I also put up a demand - anyone over 65 or out of Denver, please pass me by. I also said that I don't want a guy who thinks I'm going to complete him, and that he better come with his own full life and be able to come to me as a whole person. He told me that he appreciated that.

We've had online chats and progressed to texting. I had a marathon texting session with him last night, and we're going to meet tonight after he gets off from work. It will be pretty late, so he's coming over to take a walk with me.

I'll let you know how that goes, but I'm excited for the first time in a really long time.

Carry on, everyone.

laugh Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
OP Offline
Oh yeah, and he just turned 47. God, I love that!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
Betsey,

I AM happy for you. And hope things build from here. I am a believer that the only way to be sure is to give a go - stick to your boundaries and if things don't seem right - they probably aren't. Then it's time to Move On. Till then - just enjoy it as it unfolds!

Barb

W
W
Good luck Betsey!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Awesome Betsey, have fun!

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
OP Offline
Thanks, folks! He just called me to tell me he's heading into work and that he'll text or call when he leaves work. I'm going to take a nap when I get home after work so I can be coherent when he gets here. Darn UPS for not letting him off earlier... whistle

He's got an adorable Chicagoland accent. Love it. Too bad he's a Cubs fan. I'll work on that!

I absolutely love the dance of the whole ball of wax - so I will definitely enjoy the ride. I want to take it slow and see how things unfold, and I told him that last night. It's all good! I just pray that he's safer than the coyotes that hang out in the greenbelt across the street!

Now Wii, I want you to channel your inner, more adult Wii and keep your fingers crossed that there are no texts or emails with any junk! I just might have to tell him about this rule tonight. Naturally, I'll ask him for any of his requests too.

I already know that he confirmed what the previous 2 dates have indicated... apparently most women out there post very old photos. One of his dates actually turned out to be 100 lbs more than her photo. I think that's unfair to do. So to all the guys who are out there reading, I'm going on record here by saying to the chicks to be forthright and present who they are, and not what they want to show. It's just deceitful.

OK, back to work.

Take care, all.

laugh Betsey

Albert Einstein
OP Offline
p.s. Wii, start a new thread, would ya?

Albert Einstein
W
W
I'll just use yours, it's less work that way.

S
S
All right, Bets! You go, girl! We await the details...

Me - 54
P - 59
Together 5 yrs
She left 4/2012
W
W
Did he give you any 8x10's of his package? Inquiring minds want to know!

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard