Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
When my marriage first collapsed, people told me would eventually want to date again and I laughed at them. Now I am dating again - just at the onset. Had this long conversation with the new man, who is himself recently divorced, and he describes his relationship with his ex-wife as now better than ever, so I asked what makes it irredeemable (I so hate this divorce crap that I still want him to reconcile!) He said it is just the now long history of old hurts that was just too much to overcome. I wonder if the way I will finally understand my husband is by listening to other divorced people tell me what it was like for them?

M: 43 H: 44 M: 12.5 if the 5.5 year separation counts
Bomb (I dropped it): Dec '07
H said finit: Jun '10
I moved on: May '13
~
~
IDK how that all works and I think I'm quite happy to never have to deal with that with stbx.

I DO know that I am great friends with past GFs. I certainly would never want to be M to them. Certain quirks I know about them, I suppose. The "reasons" why we broke up.

Then there's those people that I never had a R with, but just would never entertain being in a R with, just good friends. They're not "my type"... *shrug*

I think that the past hurts will keep us away. I also think that it will forever remain a choice to be friends or not with an X.

G
OP Offline
G
This new man I started dating in May is now seriously considering whether he and his ex-wife might be able to reconcile. Kinda gets in the way of my dating him, but even so I kinda want to cheer.

M: 43 H: 44 M: 12.5 if the 5.5 year separation counts
Bomb (I dropped it): Dec '07
H said finit: Jun '10
I moved on: May '13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard