Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
LBH_LC Offline OP
OP Offline
L
(I'm not posting this in my usual thread because it is more of a generic question.)

My D is in the settlement negotiation phase. My W is asking for an unreasonable settlement and I'm pretty sure she is not entitled to it.

What does one do in this situation? Acquiesce? Just look after one's self?

I guess most Ms that hit this phase of the D procedure don't recover, right?

-Lefty

A
A
Quote:
What does one do in this situation? Acquiesce? Just look after one's self?

Definitely look out for your interests, don't be unreasonable yourself but also don't settle for unreasonable requests from your W.

Quote:
I guess most Ms that hit this phase of the D procedure don't recover, right?

I don't think there are any hard numbers on this, my gut feel from reading stuff over the last year is that the chances of R do go down after D, but I suspect much of that is because the LBS moves on after D. People do sometimes R after D though, so nothing is a given.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
D
D
I hope I'm not stealing this, but I need some guidance on this as well.
State law says 30% of net for child support for 3 kids. We are splitting custody, and that translates in places I've read to 15% of each income, the difference being paid from higher earner to lower earner. I'll talk to lawyer about details, but want some help here in finding fair.
She has been SAHM, so her income is lower than it could be. But I've been working dad/H, not necessarily pursuing my dreams, so my income is higher than it could be.
So is it fair to just say, nobody is where we want so let's just do the math, or say, I have to protect my interest and if I want the financial freedom to pursue my dreams, I will fight for it against someone who has chosen to not be in my family ??
I don't know.

Me:33, W:32
D:11, S:10, S8
M:12
L
LBH_LC Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you for the reassurance I'm doing the right thing.

I've repeatedly told my lawyer I don't want to put the screws to her, I just wants what's fair, but the STBX has been nothing but unreasonable since almost the BD. So it goes.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard