Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
DS and I spent last evening together by going to arcade and a movie. I called him to touch base and he was just sitting at X's business in her office. I suggested we do something together and picked him up. He spent night at my house and was at fiance's house with me most of day today while I was painting.

He comes to me at fiance's house and says, "I gotta go, OMH is picking me up." "When", I asked.
"He's here now", DS responded.
I looked out the window and OMH was indeed parked n the street in front of fiance's house. I noted DS's speech became very robotic. He answered further questions with one word responses, "yes, no," left the house and got into vehicle with OMH and DD.

I asked fiancé and she noticed the change in DS's demeanor.

"Fear is the mind-killer" Muad'Dib
Me 53, XW 44, DD 14, DS 12
Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
X married OM(OMH) 08/2009
Married 06/09/13
K
K
It seems to me that your son isn't seeing anything change or at least not changing fast enough with counseling. I get that you don't want to hurt your kids but your ex continues to go against a court order without any real consequences. Who is suffering? Your kids and you. Food for thought.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Crazy week.

My mother's health has taken a downturn. She will be 91 in July and I got a call first part of the week from nurse at the nursing home. I visited her and she's OK but weak.

I learned Friday, DD was refusing to be in the wedding. Her dress bought months ago and I thought was a dive deal. I spent the day with her yesterday and she changed her mind. I'm picking he'd and her brother up in a few.

Wedding is at 4:00.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
M
M
Congratulation on your wedding Sleeper. I hope everyone enjoys your and your wife to be happy day.

F
F
Happy wedding!!

S
S
Wishing you & your new wife much happiness. Don't give up on the counselors. Blended families take a lot of work. Hope the kids can be happy for you too.

Barb

P
P
I hope you have a perfect wedding day with your new family!!

F
F
Sleeper, My DD is also refusing to be in wedding. I am working on her gently.

Read up on Parental Alienation Syndrome.

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks All, Wedding went well.

I spent the day prior to the wedding with DD. She needed shoes so we spent the day shopping (X never took her although X requested the dress be at her house a week prior to wedding to prepare and shop for shoes). I had taken DS shopping for his shoes two days prior. We had a great time. I bought her a total of three pair of shoes (scored major points) and also went to lunch a shopped for costume jewelry, unrelated to wedding.

Both DS and DS attended wedding and had a blast. DD even helped decorate my vehicle.

Wedding was picture perfect. Wife's parents live on 200 acres of rural property. They built a rustic Cazebo in the yard with their pond as a background. I hung a chandelier from the Cazebo that wife ordered. Country bar be que was served under the pavilion after the ceremony. A line of thunderstorms threatened, preventing some from attending but split as it approached the area. It rained to the north and south but not where where we were until the ceremony was over and we were eating under the pavilion.

My dear wife made both the brides and grooms cakes including hand sculpting the cake topper of two bluebirds. I did not see them until after ghe wedding and i was blown away.....OK, I admit she is an artist and I am massively proud of her.

Drama moment was when DD and wife's daughter disagreed about what would be written on vehicle. Wife's daughter erased what DD and another bride 's maid had written on vehicle and it was "on". DD said, "This is why I will never live in the same house with her." There is much "alpha female sibling rivalry/princess syndrome" issues at play. I actually felt good observing this as it will resolve itself as they mature (IMHO).

On the reality check side I picked up my father's day gift from my kids today. We spent the afternoon of Father's Day together but they left the gift at X's. There was a food item included and DS remarked, "You can take them with you and share them with your family."......ouch. I hugged him and told him, "You are my family."

I'm spending the day with DS tomorrow. I'm also making a counseling appointment with the C they are currently seeing and we saw before wedding.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
W
W
Sleeper,

Congrats! laugh Perhaps you'd like to change the status below your signature from "engaged" to "married!" grin That'd be a nice touch end to your sitch.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard