Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
gman Offline OP
OP Offline
G
@ shelly - just FYI the "woman" at work place is a friend of mine i have known for 20 years and have only spoken to her in confidence. to be honest the "disrespecting my W" comments you are making are not even close to realistic, there has been no "sharing", she figured it out two and a half years after it happened on her own.

curious to your thoughts on which is more disrespectful - having a 6 month affair with your spouses friend behind thier back - or confiding in a friend about it 2 years after the fact?

@ db - you hit the "through hell" right on the head....lol

@ cat - interesting insights and mantra to live by, but unfortunately it might just be too late for me and my situation.

M-37 W-36
S-11, S-9, D-4
PA exposed 3/13/10
10/19/10 moving on...
most up to date sit
gman #2342109 04/23/13 03:28 PM
L
L
Gman, it seems like the real question is, if it wasn't "too late", would you WANT to work out your marriage?

M 46
H 44
D 12 S 8
M 9 T 11
BD 2/15/13
"Makes sense to stay together" 5/12/13
Agree we are 'healing' 7/13
Definitely Piecing 9/13
C
C
We all pick the relationships we want in life. Either through boundaries , indifference or acceptance. We control the quality of these relationships as well. Through our actions or lack of actions. We choose to be stuck just as much as we choose to move forward or backwards.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
S
S
Quote:

curious to your thoughts on which is more disrespectful - having a 6 month affair with your spouses friend behind thier back - or confiding in a friend about it 2 years after the fact?

They are BOTH disrespectful.

If you want to repair your marriage gman then respect your wife. Stop complaining and work with her rather than betraying her trust and humiliating her in your workplace.

Stop scorekeeping. That does NOT improve a marriage.

You can be right, or you can be happy gman. You chose.

If you chose to reconcile then DO that. Dont' reconcile and just mope and be bitter. That's not going to help anyone.

If you can't find the maturity to forgive and be happy together, then at least find the maturity to end your marriage rather than humiliating your wife in your workplace.

Pointing fingers at what SHE did three years ago, does not in any way legitimize your behavior NOW.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard