Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
job #2334401 03/30/13 11:07 PM
W
W
Lord knows my H stinks. He tries to cover it up with Axe. Yuk! So now he smells even more disgusting. Whenever he leaves I have to shut the door to his room tightly otherwise his "scent" permeates the house. Makes me wish I had a cold.

WH

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
job #2334402 03/30/13 11:10 PM
P
P
Bea,

As usual, thanks for your wonderful way with words and your intelligent insight. My (our) D's have both come through our split with invisible scars that they try to hide. They both have a very narrow and unfavorable view of marriage, one with men as a whole. The 'suit of clothes' was spot on. As to the expiration date, I unwisely thought I had passed that with my X once we were married longer than his first, twice as long, in fact. Just goes to show . . .

punkin #2334489 03/31/13 09:22 AM
B
B
Oh, the smell thing ... my H stank. I was glad we didn't share a bedroom. He also looked weird, not my H at all. Strangely, he doesn't stink so much anymore.

This MLC ride is really strange.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
B
OP Offline
B
Well that clearly struck a chord! Shall we add 'smells bad/strange to the list of MLC symptoms? Do you think we smell bad to them?

Was the looking strange the 'pod person' look i.e they look a bit like Data in Star trek - not really quite human, but hard to tell quite why not? Or something else?

T
T
I love this thread!

I haven't noticed any strange smells from my H, but his skin has definitely changed. It is incredibly dry, like sandpaper. His hands have callouses all over them. We've tried every lotion imaginable - I highly recommend GoldBond lotion if anyone's interested!

About them looking different...

There are times that when I look at my H, it actually creeps me out a bit. It's as if his face contorts in new ways that I've never seen before, and it doesn't look like him. He always had a boyish charm about him, but he seems to have aged so much, the twinkle in his eyes gone. It's sad.

There are times when he still looks like him, and I recognize his laugh and smile.

Strange, strange stuff!!!

Bomb January 2012 - doesn't feel the same about me

~ "There is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance."
W
W
Yes yes yes!! I look at H sometimes and he looks like a plastic pod person. I've talked about the "deer in the headlight look" before. It looks almost painful for him to process a thought. Gears are grinding.

Weirder still I think H has taken a "somewhat" renewed interest in religion. He has religious "stuff" intermittently spaced throughout the room. Funnier still is he doesn't attend church with the kids or with me. He even was raised Lutheran but has a strong pull now to Catholism which I think has been heavily influences by OW.

Anyone else have experiences like this?

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
W
W
My XW has also changed so much !

When I met her I fell in love with the sparkle she had in her eyes. I always told her that. It's what I notice in a woman first. Do they have a "passion for life"? You can always see it in a person's eyes.
Now my XW's eyes have been replaced by an empty stare.

What makes it worse is that her eyes are now so deeply set since she has lost so much weight. She is obsessed with her appearance and vanity.
I don't note this to prop myself up. I mention it as it breaks my heart to see that.

Me/W: 46/36
D7.6/S6
T/M: 7.5/6.5
Bomb 12/05/07
D final: 03/03/09

A
A
My XH has become health-obsessed too. He runs all the time. He was never one who needed to lose weight, and he's emaciated. He also trims his goatee super close to try to lower the amount of grey, and it just looks bad because he was burned as a kid and doesn't really grow facial hair evenly as a result. He also smiles differently in pictures. He has this creepy fake smile, very "toothy." I chalk that up to his being in a relationship with a former beauty pageant winner--you know they smile and show all their teeth, lol. But it's not becoming on him. It looks insincere. He was the type always who just gave a sexy little closed mouth half-smile. It's like all his sexiness is gone.

Same comment as WP above, it's really sad. He was a VERY handsome dude, now, not so much.

M45
Bomb 6/09; EA 6/10; Divorced 1/11
Proud single mom of 7 little feline girls and one little feline boy
"Fall down 53 times. Get up 54." -- Zen saying
W
W
My H used to be "hot". Now, not! Lol! He gets his hair cut in this goofy style that shows off his bald spot. Started wearing old man clothes too. He must be having back problems because he's started walking hunched over. It's pathetic.

Yep no attraction here. Not no more!

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
B
OP Offline
B
This reaching out business is strange and no mistake. And I am not at all sure I like it. I haven't had any interaction with this man in years, and now we are emailing occasionally, and it is weird.

I am getting flashbacks, unbidden. Thinking about things I haven't thought of for years, things i thought were done and dusted. Things he said when he was at his most bengeful keep coming to mind. I don't want to go there.

In recovering and going on our merry way we put to one side so many feelings of hurt and pain. And then flash bang the demon king appears again, but now he has a smiley face. I feel so self protective around this strange person

Just thinking out loud.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard