Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
G
I reckon she isn't "done" either.

She might say she's filing but doing it is another matter entirely. Mine talked about it several times and never did it.

BTW I thought the way you handled that call was sensational.

Me: 46
W: 46
T: 23
M: 20
DS12
DD11
DS5

W left: 01/28/08
Discovered OM: 02/26/08
W back for 9 days: 04/08
W returned 05/21/08
EA/PA - 01/08-07/09
W's MLC 2008-2014 (realised this much later)
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: Starsky309

There. Fixed it for you. smirk

Seriously, Alk, you handled that great. ESPECIALLY the first half. I mean, that was a real "A+/4-Whistles thing right there, and UNDER DURESS, too. You impress the hell outta me, man.

whistle whistle whistle whistle

You'll be fine, and I actually don't think you two are done yet. A divorce may have to happen first, I dunno, but she still respects you and doesn't seem to have the courage of her convictions about her decision. I see you two getting back together a couple of years down the line, I really do.

And of course, I could be all wrong. smirk

Tip a glass tonite to yourself, and a job well-done. I know this [censored], but you can hold your head high, bro.

Starsky

Thanks Starsky. This meant alot, and getting the whistles is huge! smile

You know, as strange as it may be... I agree with you that I don't think we're done yet... and I'm now SURE that I'm not done with it, even if I did waver for a few weeks there.

I just hear too much confusion, and there's too much "foot-dragging" and justification to really think that there's nothing at all there. But IF it's there, it's buried deep... and it could all just be guilt and nothing more... so I'll keep trying not to read into it, and stay on track.

Oh, and I'll be tipping a couple back tonight for sure! smile

A
OP Offline
A
And thank you GH31! Although I'm pretty sure she'll go through with it... at least the first steps... I'm also pretty sure that there will be plenty of time to work in the meantime!

S
S
Originally Posted By: AlkalineThoughts
[quote=Starsky309]

You know, as strange as it may be... I agree with you that I don't think we're done yet... and I'm now SURE that I'm not done with it, even if I did waver for a few weeks there.

I just hear too much confusion, and there's too much "foot-dragging" and justification to really think that there's nothing at all there. But IF it's there, it's buried deep... and it could all just be guilt and nothing more... so I'll keep trying not to read into it, and stay on track.

Well, that's the pisser in it all, bro -- like that scene in the movie "Swingers," you actually DO have to not care in order for it to work. It can't be faked.

You DO need to move on down the road, wherever that takes you. Just be prepared, because when she REALLY senses that you've REALLY moved on (and I don't even think you're quiiiite there yet) . . . the chances are at least 50/50 that she will pursue YOU.

What will you do then??

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
A
OP Offline
A
Oh Starsky, you're 100% right... I'm not quite there yet... In fact, I'm sure I have a ways to go still... But I'm a lot closer now than I've ever been, and every day, I know that I'll improve.

As for your (probably rhetorical) question... I'm terrible at telling the future, so I have NO idea what I'd do if she decided to come back down the road. I do have faith that it WILL happen at some point... Hell she's currently back with an old flame that she admits always cheated on her, and I know that I'll always be a better option than that :-)

But it truly doesn't matter right now. I've got a lot of life left to live, a lot of live left to give, and a lot of living yet to do... This needs to become just the noise in the background, the motivation to continue improvements, and at the very very least fodder for one hell of a screenplay/novel that I've got in me.

In fact, I've decided that I'm finally ready to be honest enough with myself to start penning it soon... Maybe you will all see it on screen one day...

A
A
You handled yourself so well. Great job!!

H:37
W:37
M:10 years
D:7&5
Bomb:9/7/12. H moves out
H moved back 12/23/12-not going well
Retrouvaille 1/18
H moving out again 3/14
S
S
Originally Posted By: AlkalineThoughts
Oh Starsky, you're 100% right... I'm not quite there yet... In fact, I'm sure I have a ways to go still... But I'm a lot closer now than I've ever been, and every day, I know that I'll improve.

As for your (probably rhetorical) question... I'm terrible at telling the future, so I have NO idea what I'd do if she decided to come back down the road. I do have faith that it WILL happen at some point... Hell she's currently back with an old flame that she admits always cheated on her, and I know that I'll always be a better option than that :-)

But it truly doesn't matter right now. I've got a lot of life left to live, a lot of live left to give, and a lot of living yet to do... This needs to become just the noise in the background, the motivation to continue improvements, and at the very very least fodder for one hell of a screenplay/novel that I've got in me.

In fact, I've decided that I'm finally ready to be honest enough with myself to start penning it soon... Maybe you will all see it on screen one day...

Who's gonna play me?? Lol

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
A
OP Offline
A
Well ladies and gentlemen... I think it's about that time... After MUCH self-reflection, careful thought, and observation of my situation, I've decided it's time to go forward with filing.

Although it's been over two months since W told me she was planning on filing papers, I've yet to receive them... For a while after the conversation, I was dreading getting those papers every day. But that dread dissipated slowly. Then, something strange happened.

I started seeing this whole process as holding me back from some things in my life. I've been having such a great time with GAL and, if I say so myself, doing a great job working on me. And something just started to click.

There's been no real progress for nearly a year now. And there's no sign that any change will occur... but what HAS changed is my mindset...

I'm not sure I want things to "change" anymore... With all this time passing, with all the changes I've gone through, and with the lack of movement in the sitch... well I've decided I need to move forward in my life.

So this evening, I'll be speaking with my W about a D. For the first time, I'm planning on initiating a conversation about the D. I don't plan on getting into a ton of details as to why with her, I simply plan on telling her that as I have not received the papers she told me she'd be sending back in February that i'm planning on taking care of them myself.

I just can't seem to muster the desire to continue "holding out hope" for the W that has spent at least a year with another man, especially when I think that at this point, the affair has lasted as long as, if not longer, than the marriage did.

I thought long and hard about whether I was going to post this here, as at first glance it seems counter to DB principals... but upon further examination, I feel it's perfectly in line with the spirit of that wonderful book. After all, I'm deep into the "After the Last Resort" technique, and as she refuses to stop the A and has made zero effort to "make things right" it's time for me to take the final step.

This hasn't been an easy decision at all. There's still a part of me, and I assume it will always be there, that says to keep on keeping on... that holds out hope that something will change... but with all of the actual ACTION I've been taking to better myself and ensure my happiness, it doesn't seem right to continue to be INACTIVE when it comes to this situation.

I can't for the life of me think of another option. I literally can't GAL more than I am, and I've found a real peace in myself. Happiness isn't some goal for my future anymore, I've found a huge amount of it through my growth and actions (thanks to this site most of all).

I don't know what this conversation will bring, and I don't know if going through with the D will alleviate the "where did I go wrong" feelings that creep in on occasion. But I do know that I have to do this for me and my continued peace of mind.

My goal has always been to do everything I could to save this M and be able to look back with confidence that I did that. I think I've achieved that goal. And although I wish things could be different, I'm realizing that at this point, it's only a wish, and the reality is, quite simply, things are the way they are. I could continue down this path forever it seems, but for me at least, it's time to move forward one more time.

While this hasn't been an easy decision, and I still get nervous thinking about tonight's conversation and the finality that it will bring, I want to thank each and every one of you who have helped me along the way. I know I'm a better person than I was a year ago, and so much of that has to do with the guidance this site has brought.

And don't worry. I'll update this thread with details of the conversation. And I'll be "paying-it-forward" so to speak throughout these boards in the near future. Thanks again!

L
L
I'll be looking forward to reading your update, and hopefully you'll visit me to give me advice about how you got to where you are, as I'm NOWHERE near there, but would like to be!

M- 18 T-21
S-14,11 & 10
BD 6-18-2012 (OW-EA)
H moved out 11-3-2012
10-5-13 Me- I want a divorce. I want to move on w my life.
11-25-13 Jointly filed.
L
L
It's great to hear from you.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard