Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#2319676 02/03/13 05:18 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I formerly posted under,"I keep on keepin on". The attorney has been hired and soon my h will be served. I will tell him then that I know about the secret phone. I will tell him how he spoke to me just a few weeks ago about how people should be respected, how men who abuse women should be shot and all the while he abused me emotionally and betrayed my trust yet again . He speaks of honor and not shaming the family name to his son while he does just that. He has aspects of sociopathic behavior and is essentially gone. Doesn't care that he has destroyed a family and a marriage. So very sad and nightmarish.

S
S
Hey I am proud of you taking a stand is hard especially in DB land when everyone tells you to keep taking kicks to the stomach.
We all take different paths I am going forward to her telling me she is going out with him is the end I know I can sit here and take it for as long as I have to I know she will turn and say what did I do but I am tired of this show and I am changing the channel
You have all our support keep on keepin on
Sunny

If someone decides there is no goodness in you they won't be able to see it.
I'll take a BLT over a MLC anyday !!!

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks sunny
I just can't endure any more. He has suffered no consequences for his behavior except for some emotional outbursts from me. He does not respect me and has not for some time. Maybe it's partly my fault. No matter. It will end soon. He is not expecting this. But I am finally done after doing my best for an entire year.

B
B
I understand why you need to do this Rachael (I have also seen the lawyer, and just waiting for our tax stuff to be finalized). They are completely unaware of what they're losing/lost, and for me, I don't care anymore.

Good luck.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
R
OP Offline
R
Being me
Thanks for your encouragement. Sorry u have to do the same as me. Here's to a better life off the crazy rollercoaster. I am sure I will be better with him out of the house and so far it looks like the kids will be ok too. (They are adults).

S
S
Originally Posted By: Rachael55
Thanks sunny
I just can't endure any more. He has suffered no consequences for his behavior except for some emotional outbursts from me. He does not respect me and has not for some time. Maybe it's partly my fault. No matter. It will end soon. He is not expecting this. But I am finally done after doing my best for an entire year.

I totally get this - my brother said something to me that was important - lets say she comes back to you - even on bended knee - how do you ever get over it - the people we love have changed they are dead and gone - do we sit and wait 2-5 more years and hope for the best - maybe - but when someone completely disregrds you.

Positives to take away - MAN have I grown this year - I look great feel grat and have learned that happiness comes from within not from out circumstances - I look forward to tomorrow - it's looking very bright to me now !! All because of the power of a decision.

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks sunny
I was feeling sad yesterday but better now. Thanks for the encouragement. I have been asked by the atty if I want to go back to my maiden name . I'm seriously considering it. What do you women think ? Since I have no minor children why keep the married name? Also, all my kids know about the affair except youngest son 18. Should I tell him after filing?

S
S
If you want to go back to your maiden name I would - I think when the kids are small it's important to keep the married name - but since you're splitting up I say go back to the name

job Offline
I didn't go back to my maiden name because everyone knows me by "Snodderly". I had entirely too many accounts, documents, etc. that had my married name on them and I also didn't want people questioning me all of the time about the name change.

It's a personal preference and only you can decide if you want to revert back to your maiden name.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline
K
Yeah, I didn't go back to my maiden name either. I had been going by my married name for as long as by my maiden name, and although my kids were in college, I still liked the idea of us having the same name still. Plus my entire professional career had been under that name.

Still - it feels kinda awkward explaining to dates that this was my ex's name. I worry that they might think I still have some kind of attachment to HIM - which I DON'T. So sometimes I do wish I had changed it.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard