Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2317464 01/24/13 09:01 PM
D
dco2013 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Mu hisband told me 3 days after Christmas that he was leaving me for OW he found on FB - old high school girlfriend. He has not been staying at the house, wants a quick divorce & is sure about his new relationship. We own a successful business together & have to work together every day. How do I deal with this? My emotions are all over the place - anrgy, sad, numb, angry again. He says we can continue to work together because work & personal life are seperate things - we built this business together from nothing! It's NOT seperate for me! Just looking for some advice...

C
C
Welcome to the board

Get out and GAL.

DETACH.

Believe none of what he says and half of what he does.
Have NO EXPECTATIONS.
Take care of yourself, breathe, eat, sleep, exercise.

You are on moderation right now on the forum.
SO post in small frequent posts until you get off of it.

Your H is giving you a GIFT.
THE GIFT OF TIME.

USE it wisely.

Knowledge is Power - Francis Bacon

Me-70, D37,S36
D
dco2013 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
H handed me D papers on Thurs... I meet with my lawyer in a couple weeks. Hate the loneliness of separation & isolation. Feeling abandoned, betrayed, abused & hopeless.

T
T
DCO, this is a terrible, traumatic experience! you might want to talk to a counsellor (and the DB counsellors are very good) to help you get your spirits up. in the meantime, read the book "Divorce Remedy", especially the part about infidelity; and "Not Just Friends" by Dr Shirley Glass. both have valuable information that will help you feel better. also as Cadet points out, "get a life"! do things you enjoy doing, that don't involve your H. hobbies, volunteer work, doing things with your friends and family, etc. and you are among friends here. share your feelings - we have all been through it too, and will do our best to help you feel better.

Me: 60 H: 63
married 40, together 42
3 grown kids
R
R
So sorry.

M43, W37
D5, D11, D13
DB 12/11/2012
M
M
Nothing will help more than getting out and doing something you enjoy. Anything really, just find something you used to love to do and do it now. You only have control over your own actions right now, not him, not even your own feelings, so focus on that and know that there are people out here who know what your going through.

S
S
Too Trusting, those are great books to fight divorce, but they are terrible for someone to read at this stage!

Volunteer work is probably the best medicine, that's what my husband did.

T
T
Shelly, I don't know if they are "terrible for someone to read at this stage". both books have coping techniques. I think they are very good for a person to read at any stage.

Me: 60 H: 63
married 40, together 42
3 grown kids

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard