Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
OP Offline
D
LJC and Lampstand thank you for your support.

Yeah I'm considering dating just to get out and make new freinds. My problem is I dont want anything serious and dont want to lead someone on. Make sense? Not sure how to tackle that...

S
S
First off my heart goes out to you. Stay strong and remember every day is a new day with new opportunities. Try to get out and do things as much as possible to stay busy; working out is great. It helps me so much. I used to hate running now it's something I look forward to doing. Running clubs are a great place to meet people.

Originally Posted By: Devistated77
Yeah I'm considering dating just to get out and make new freinds. My problem is I dont want anything serious and dont want to lead someone on. Make sense? Not sure how to tackle that...

I admit I don't have a clue about dating since never really did it (or at least in over 20 years) but is dating really what you want? Sounds like you just want to meet some new people. Are there and clubs/ groups in your area that interest you? Maybe try one of those. If dating is something that interests you I say try to be upfront with what you're looking for. Many of my single friends "date" like this and there is never any intention of it leading anywhere and it's known to both parties. How they do it I really have no idea but I know it's possible.

Personality is who the world sees, character is who you are

Turn your trials into your testimonies

Don't believe everything you think

Expectations are resentments waiting to happen
L
L
I'm in the same boat. I need to get out and make some friends but men are totally out of the question.

Not sure what I will do but I do need some time away from my children.

Me: 44
H: 48
M: 4 yrs
My EA: 2010 & 2012
Me arrested for DV: 10/28/11
H left 1st time: 10/28/11
Reconciled after I pursued: 12/21/11
H left 2nd time: 12/23/12
Kids from OR: S16, S10, S8
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard