Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I'm starting a new chapter in life so I thought I'd start a new thread. Kinda like being reborn, only painful and agonizing.

Onion: I'm going to try and peel back the layers of my life and figure out where I went off track. I'll probably cry a little and have a bad taste in my mouth but this is the life I have. Much like an onion.

dance lessons: It takes two working together to eloquently circle the dance floor, harmony. Plus I just wanna dance and have no idea how to do the Salsa.

Harley: Yep thats the bad boy side just wanting to bust free. I have been living in fear for far to long. Fear of loosing my wife, fear of my company I work for going out of business (thriving as it is), fear of loosing love from friends and family. Fear of how to live without my wife. Uuggghhh I am sick of worrying. I want to be more like Conan. haha

Today while heading out of town for work, my wife calls me. REALLY!?!? Your moving out of our home on Friday and I just saw you 40 minutes ago. I was on the phone with my Pastor and let her call go into voice mail. I waited about 15-20 min. and then text her back "was on phone, whats up?" W text back "I got it". HHMM ok, lol

My s22 called me later in the day and said Mom could not get the printer to work. He tried for a min or two and just left. He is pissed at her and said she text him to have a nice day and she loved him. S said he has not text her back. I told S i understand your angry, I get it. However at the end of the day she still is your mom. She's in a bad place mentally and is making stupid decisions (wish I had not said that part). I asked him if he would like to see the C with me to get some energy off his chest. I then said I get your angry and your allowed your feelings but eventually you need to release that and forgive. We talked about some other things and he said he will really try to help with household chores (he's still in college and Air National Guard).

Question: Did I handle my wifes call okay? Did I validate and hopefully give guidance with out control to my son? Please be honest I really wanna be a better dad, husband person, thanks

You can not change your past, but you can ruin a perfectly good present by worrying about the future.
J
J
Ya...I got no advice for you, but I am sure the vets will smile

Just posting to say love love LOVE the title and hang in there.

Personally,the people dancing to their own tunes are the ones who always make me smile smile

S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My W moves out Friday and I am out of town for work. She said she was taking the couch and TV from downstairs and I am suppose to host my D's birthday party with a sleep over for her and a few friends. Guess I need to hurry up get home see whats missing and get to the store. How to make sense of it all? I guess we just roll with the flow.

You can not change your past, but you can ruin a perfectly good present by worrying about the future.
L
L
You did support and validate your son. The part about releasing and forgiving, he'll get there when H gets there, you telling him to won't make it happen.

So when she moves out, figure out what your path is and walk it. Because she may or may not come back but you will always be around. Become the person you want to be.

So since your/her trajectory changed here's another book to read Depression Fallout.

What will you do when she finds out how lonely she is and calls you crying?

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
A
A
What Harley are you thinking about? I have an 07 Street Glide that I just love! Also have a 92 Sporty that I bought new, W and I took it in my truck on our M and honeymoon, so it USED to have sentimental value and that's why I've kept it all these years, LOL!

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: AnotherStander
What Harley are you thinking about? I have an 07 Street Glide that I just love! Also have a 92 Sporty that I bought new, W and I took it in my truck on our M and honeymoon, so it USED to have sentimental value and that's why I've kept it all these years, LOL!

I have no idea AS, I've never ridden a motorcycle. It's something I'm gonna give myself. I'm kinda short so I need something low to the ground hahahaha. any idea's??

A
A
I highly recommend taking a professional riding course, they'll put you on the path to getting a license the right way. Harleys are big, heavy bikes and not the best for first time riders, especially those who are vertically challenged wink That said, they do have models that are specifically tailored to shorter people. They're typically called the "low" models (for 2013 there's the Sportster Superlow and the Fat Boy Lo) and have cut down seats and shorter suspension. But even if you want a different model, there is shorter suspension and a wide variety of seats available for every model. I would suggest going to the dealership (or new bike show if it comes to your area, there's one this weekend here) and sitting on various models to see what "fits" the best, then if it's still too tall you can always look at a lower seat and/ or lower suspension. If you're learning you want a bike that allows both of your feet to sit flat on the ground, that gives you the best stability.

Lowering suspension does reduce the side clearance a bit, so if you like leaning way the heck over in hard turns like a sport bike rider then lowering the suspension may not be advisable. But, lowering the suspension does lower the bike's CG which in turn makes it easier to handle, especially at parking lot speeds.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Today is the day that my W moves out. I have been out of town most of the week for work and am nervous about returning. First of all when I see her stuff gone that means it's over, really, really over and that upsets me. Second off I wonder what will be missing, how much I'm going to have to rebuild. I guess it's just stuff and I can do without but everything is just crashing together.

S
S
I'm sorry Subguy. That's one of the hardest steps i believe. I'd suggest that you rearrange thing the way you want them. Just little changes can make it so much easier to bear, than looking at the empty spots etc

M: 29, H: 31
D: 9
S: 8
T: 13 Y
M: 9 Y
ILYBIDKIILWY 12/09/2012
~~~~
Worrying does not empty tomorrow
of its troubles. ~~~ it Emptys today of its strengths
L
L
Subguy, refresh my memory about a separation agreement. You have one right?

Why don't you know what she's taking?

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard