Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hi Delboy ....long time !

Monday 25th August 1975, what an era, that is my 17th birthday,
M & D bought me a motorbike, wow I cried with gratitude and hapiness.
Unfortuneatly it was a Bank Holiday, when, in those days the shops were closed !
I was forced to wear a very old fashioned helmet, a leather deer stalker tyle, with flaps that covered the ears.
It was suggested that I customise it stickers etc. So I stuck pictures of my favourite pop group on it.
I had Uncle Bulgaria on one side and Orinoco on the other....Wow I was cool !

job Offline
Simon,
Welcome back! I'm glad to see you posted. Hope all is well in your world.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
hey smurfy, what bike was it. On 27th Aug 75 it was Liz's 18th WOW. Nice to here from you, you 'OLD FART'. Remember I got the fizzie? just after I was 17 early 76. I had already had a lot of off road riding, and I was going to get a brand new Suzuki 250. Just as well I didn't, or otherwise I wouldn't be writing this, cos I would've been Brown Bread long ago. ( This is just for the Americans, Brown Bread is cockney rhyming slang for 'DEAD')

Love
Delboy

D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
What a tosser you must have looked smurfy, and with the Wombles on the tank.

Love
Delboy

D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Snodderly, thanks for asking, the pain is greatly reduced i'm sleeping about 1 hour longer ave. But still suffer badly with fatigue/lack of energy and post exertional malise.

Love

Delboy

D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Snodderly and folks, Middle D Louise as started to suffer a bit with fatigue. I told her to try Amitriptyline 10 mg at nite. Well she finally when back to the dr's this monday, she gave her the above prescription. I got a call from Louise at 7:20pm last nite, she was in tears 10 min's before clocking out 4:50 pm. She decided to try and cut her left thumb off (accident) with a guillotine! she was very lucky! mainly just the tip was hanging off, so off to hospital they did go, she's doing OK, she lodges in the week but comes home on Friday nites.

Love
Delboy

job Offline
I'm sorry to hear that your daughter had an accident last night with a knife. I'm sure she was very upset by the accident.

I hope that you and your daughter are feeling much better soon. Glad to hear that you are getting a little bit more sleep in at night.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
F
F
Originally Posted By: Delboy
So perhaps what I miss about Liz the most is maybe what I thought I had, and also missing that somebody who would always be there for me type of thing.

Do any of you feel kinda like the same?

I absolutely feel the same way. Like you and your wife, my wife and I also met very young. We were our first and only lovers. The idea that either one of us could ever give up on the other never entered my mind. It was such a rude awakening. If my life partner of 33 years could bail on me then anybody could. The belief that there is a such thing as true everlasting love and commitment has now been shattered forever.

I read the stories of members here married for under ten years, sometimes obviously on their second time around, and think while their pain is also real, it's just not the same. They already knew something I only just learned.

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks for your reply FY, you just keep posting your thoughts, I would like to trade places with you, know joke, you still have a chance, but don't the feck blow it OK.

Love

Delboy

P.S Feck is used in 'Father Ted' (instead of the real F word) another brilliant British T V series.

F
F
Originally Posted By: Delboy
Thanks for your reply FY, you just keep posting your thoughts, I would like to trade places with you, know joke, you still have a chance, but don't the feck blow it OK.
Love

Delboy

P.S Feck is used in 'Father Ted' (instead of the real F word) another brilliant British T V series.

With the help of the fine folks here, I'm trying my best not to blow it. laugh

Thanks, Father Ted!

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard