Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
S

smile smile smile whistle

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
A
OP Offline
A
It is amazing how much easier it has gotten over time, and how much more natural it feels! Not just with him, in other areas of my life.

I am a very happy girl!! smile

-Autumn

K
K
Hi Autumn,

It's great to hear you doing so well. It sounds like you have truly moved on with your life - what a great example for your kids as well.

I am sorry to hear you have issues with your H, but it sounds like you are handling it beautifully. Good for you!

Have a fun and safe vacation trip.

Me & H: 44
D7, D6, S3
Together: 20y, M: 17y
EA: 11/13/10, Sep: 12/23/10
EA becomes PA: Spring 2011
H filed for D: 09/06/12
D Negotiating began 2/15
OW seemingly gone on 3/15
Still negotiating D

V
V
Autumn you sound great and you must be radiating positivity outward because the communication you pasted above is grounded on both sides. Kudos to the work you've done smile

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks so much!! I suppose there must be some truth to that Vera. As of this morning, STBX now wants to come and split everything. He previously was digging in and wouldn't even take all of his clothes. I asked him to wait until I get back, because I want to be here when he is removing things from the house. He agreed. What a nice surprise this morning!!

-Autumn

S
S
You should bring someone with you (preferably, a male relative) and supervise to make sure he doesn't remove anything from the house that he shouldn't.

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
A
OP Offline
A
Oh good call!! I will definitely do that, and hadn't really thought about it. I don't think he would but I have been surprised by him before smile

It is such a huge relief to have this next step happening, one that should have happened months ago

-Autumn

S
S
stranger things have happened.

A
OP Offline
A
Just a brief update...

Had a wonderful vacation with my boys and just getting back to work today. It feels good to be back to a routine again, as much as I enjoyed the downtime.

I had a few of my girlfriends there, staying in the same community, which was great for me and my boys. STBX kept in constant contact with the boys. He mentioned to me how hard this week was going to be on him as the first 'family vacation' without him. I asked him to please not put that on the boys, and it sounds like he didn't.

Yesterday had a minor setback with STBX, as he came to the house to help S15 with his car and wanted to discuss some financials with me, specifically college tuition for S18. The conversation went well but after he left he texted me a few additional things re: the settlement, court and financials. He was getting a bit too friendly and crossed some of my personal boundaries. I was hesitant to draw that line again as I didn't have the energy for the fight post vacation.

But after a few more inappropriate comments, I will be setting that hard line again and expecting him to respect it. No contact means no contact. I need it that way, and if he needs to talk with someone he needs to find another person to talk to.

It's the old "give an inch take a yard". I am proud that it took me very little time to see it for what it was and draw that line again. That is progress.

I am so much happier when my boundaries are respected and I am focused on me and the boys, that is enough for me.

Overall doing quite well I would say smile

-Autumn

L
L
Good for Autumn!

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard