Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
OP Offline
B
Quick update: Divorce negotiations have gone fairly well between STBX and I. We have everything figured out and hopefully will be able to walk into a lawyer's office, sign some papers and be done. Hopefully. I have a referral to a lawyer who supposedly won't create any problems if things are uncontested.

STBX's health continues to decline rapidly. Her lupus is starting to attack her whole body. A couple days ago, she tore a tendon from the muscle without any strain. Her body is simply that week. She (I think) has moved in with her Boss and their relationship appears to be under the usual strain of work crap - and that will only get worse while she is unable to work for 3 months. As she gets more and more ill, it will be a real test of what kind of man he is.

As for my life, it's great. I am still in the house with the kids and will be buying out STBX as part of the divorce. Work is going well as always and I will be financially quite comfortable after the D. My relationship with my new friend in Calgary is going as well as possible considering the distance. I am going back out for 3-4 days of "fun" Labour Day weekend.

This may sound awful, but please take this comment with some thought. My best friend said the following the other day regarding STBX - "looks like you got out just in time". That is very cold, but honestly, a little true. I did everything I was capable of over 5-6 years to save my family, and finally just gave in.

Now it appears Karma is doing it's thing.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

B
OP Offline
B
I have not stopped by in quite a while. I really should start a new thread called "What was I thinking?".

Quick update:

1. Bought STBX out of the house about a month ago. She has her money, I have the house and kids.

2. Separation documents will be signed next week. I will still have the house, kids and she will be paying $1000 per month for support for next 2 years as long as kids are living with me and not working full time.

3. Things are going well with amazing new woman in my life despite the distance. We had a great vacation in Dominican a few weeks ago and she has spent a weekend with kids and I. It went incredibly well.

4. I feel great!!!

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard