Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
OP Offline
D
Funny Mach!

When my son went to visit his father a few weeks back, he wound up very sick with tonsilitis and strep which turned into mono.

Anyway, my xh did not call to tell me. As son is over 18, he neednt, but, it would have been nice to let me know.

Never said anything about it to him no need to. Wouldnt get me anywhere and I dont go down those roads any longer.

Anyway, my son had an incident with a light bulb (long story) and required some stitches.

So. I thought about letting xh know. And I acted the way I would have wanted to be treated and send him a quick text.

Me: Just thought would want to know, son needed stitches last night.

He texted me about the details and then I said, ok, take care. He then writes, B, thank you so much for letting me know. I relaly appreicate it. No prob, I wrote. Good night.

I did the right thing and thought I had gotten away. But, as always, he had to keep going.

He: I guess I should have let you know when son was so sick.

Me: Ok

He: I will next time, I promise.

Me: Ok

He: I guess my promises arent worth much.

Me: ya think?

He: Yeah, probably not. Well, I will try to let you know, ok?

Me: ok

He: You keep doing the right thing, I keep messing up. Why is that?

Me: I dont know. mahybe because you suck and I dont? LOL!

He: That was a joke, right?

I had a headache so I didnt bang my head. Just kept sticking the needle in my eye. LOL!

F
F
Originally Posted By: Brooklyn
He: You keep doing the right thing, I keep messing up. Why is that?

Me: I dont know. maybe because you suck and I dont? LOL!

LMFAO!!!

I hope you're doing well Ms. B!

Now, one would think he'd realize that he should be asking HIMSELF this question. It's good to see that you understand there isn't a whole lot you can do to help him.

It is interesting that he is actually asking this question though. Still by far one of the most open ones I've ever seen.

Wishing you the best!

Don't stand still.
D
OP Offline
D
Hey Fish, I am hangin' in there. No other way.

Hope you and your little ones are doing well.

Yeah, he is a piece of work, isnt he? I am just living my life. Every
once in awhile we have reason to interact and it amuses me everytime.

He isnt anywhere near the end of the tunnel, but, he does have some moments of reflection from time to time.

As far as I know, he hasnt done too much work on himself.

His journey.

I am just trying to continue walking mine.

B
B
Originally Posted By: Brooklyn

As far as I know, he hasnt done too much work on himself.

Ain't that the truth!

As I posted on my thread, my xh went by our old house [why???] and took some photos of the work the new owners have done on the garden. And offered to send them to me . . . [i live several hundred miles away these days]

I loved that garden, worked hard on it, and it was my pride and joy. Xh never very interested . ... It would be so painful to see them.

They do not win prizes for empathy and sensitivity. And I actually think he was trying to be nice in a clumsy way. I did thank him nicely, but did say it would be painful.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard