Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
H
H
Jack_Three_Beans

I will admit my track record is poor, and that I've been a fair-weather husband, at best.

That being said, I am convinced that I can turn myself around. I believe that Talk's decision to leave the forum is both for her and for me; for her, to develop her own interests, and for me, to have another chance to show her I can do this on my own; albeit while receiving advice from the forum.

I’m so very glad that my W is still with me. I know she’s on the edge and could decide to leave at any moment, so the near future is critical if I want to show her that I can do this.

I guess it’s time to “man up”.

H
H
My W and I are getting along which is great, but lets be serious, I have to be consistent for at least a month before I can think about patting myself on the back.

My W is a thinker, very creative, the artist type. She's always coming up with new ideas and often changes her focus, like 12 times a day. Understanding, accepting and embracing this quality will go a long way to expanding her creativity and getting her to regain some of the love that she used to feel for me; I miss that. Making friends with the fluidity of her mind is a challenge for me because I'm fairly rigid. This is definitely an area where I can improve.

Have a great day.

H
H
Happy Canada Day!!

Although it's a holiday, my W and I will spend the day at her store, organizing, setting up her studio and generally getting things squared away.

My goal today is to be relaxed, positive, open minded and supportive; NEGATIVE, DISMISSIVE behaviour is not allowed.

Enjoy.

G
G
Women love a happy man..

Women rarely leave happy men...

Be a happy man.. Consistently

B
B
Hey Herb...When you look at her today...Think about what made you fall in love with her in the first place. When you have that in your head, keep it there and remember it with every glance at her.

Me: 39
W: 44
SS 24
SD: 20
M: 13
T: 15
Bomb: 2/16/11
EA: 2/14/11
Papers Signed 4/13/11
Divorced 5/13/11
G
G
Originally Posted By: HerbGarden
My W and I are getting along which is great, but lets be serious, I have to be consistent for at least a month before I can think about patting myself on the back.

NO! You're still not getting it.

I haven't read your thread yet... and I may or may not. All I've read are your wife's thoughts. If you think you being on good behavior for a month is going to fix this you're sorely mistaken.

Here is what I see: You have failed to provide the most fundamental need to any woman and most especially to your wife:

!!!! SAFETY !!!!

If you want to fix your marriage start there and only there until you have mastered it.

That means:

1) Safety from your angry outbursts.
2) Safety from her doubts on your fidelity
3) Safety from not being able to express herself without you climbing down her throat
4) Safety from your disparaging thoughts
... and I can go on but I don't feel like it.

Provide a safe environment for your wife to flourish in.

G
G
I should have added the following to the last line of my post above:

Provide a safe environment for your wife to flourish in or someone else will.

M:11 | T:12 | Status: Married
4C's of WAS communication: Cool, Calm, Collected and CONFIDENT
D
D
Gnosis has a good point. But Herb will have to start with the first month.

dbmod
H
H
Thanks Gnosis

I agree with your comments. My W has said the exact same thing to me in the past.

I wasn't clear when I said that I could pat myself on the back after being consistent for a month. What I should have said was "make my W feel safe by acting like an adult w/o the anger and hurtful words.

More to follow.

H
H
I'm not going to lie, I can't remeber the last time I wasn't angry or had flipped out on my W at least once in a 30-day timeframe.

In the last three years, the time between outbursts has been getting much briefer.

At this point, to reach the 30-day mark would be quite an accomplishment.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard