Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
G
OP Offline
G
All I can say is God is simply amazing. I have been through much with my h just like everyone else. My message is not necessarily how I got here, but what happened after I was here. I stood for my marriage for 3 years before my h finally came home. I was led by God and my heart for standing and it wasn’t always an easy walk. Here is what has transpired in the last year. Hang onto your seat because it is an amazing story about standing and having faith in God.

In April of 2010 God told me to stop praying for my h to return, but to pray for his salvation and to cast out demons. Now I knew nothing about casting out demons so I looked it up online and had a plan in place for doing such. I prayed and asked God for his direction and guidance and he gave me the names of the demons to cast out of my h. Well I did as I was asked by God and I got really sick. My voice was taken and I was in bed for a few days. I finally got well after a few weeks and thought the whole timing of my sickness was rather odd. I decided to give it a try again and continued to cast out demons from my h. Well, I got really sick again. My voice was attacked and I spent the next few days in bed and was finally healed once again a few weeks later. First time, could question if it was coincidence or what. Second time, no way. I was being attacked by the enemy. I was a good steward and did what my God asked of me. Now I really at this point was not into the marriage any longer. I really wanted to file, but felt that something was holding me back. Well in walks my h May of 2010 about 3 weeks after I cast out demons from him and he was home. Praise God I just witnessed a miracle and the casting out of demons.

Now, 2010 was a very rough year for us. I wasn’t really into rebuilding the marriage. I was carrying hatred, anger, resentment, disappointment you name it against my h. Every time I possibly could I let my h know what I really thought of him. I didn’t hold back. I even told him how much I hated him. Well obviously my h had enough and went back to OW in January of 2011. I personally could care less. I let my h know that I was filing and to get out of my life and stay out. We communicated infrequently and our relationship was cordial at best. I wasn’t sure where my future was headed but I didn’t see my h in it any longer. Then I was texting with my niece and talking about how I was full of resentment, anger and bitterness. She started texting me how poisonous this was for my soul and that I needed to let this go. I agreed, but had no idea how to do that. At that moment I prayed for God to help me. All of a sudden I dropped to the floor and started sobbing like a baby. That day God cleansed my soul from all the hurts, wrongs, resentment, anger etc that had consumed my life for so long even through my childhood. I felt so awesome inside. I was a new person. I immediately had to let my h know that I forgave him. Now that didn’t’ mean I wanted him to return, it meant that I needed to forgive him for myself. The forgiveness was immediate. Now my h didn’t exactly warm up to me or believe that I had forgiven him. He needed to see it to believe it. I didn’t blame him since I did treat him badly the past year. It didn’t matter I needed to forgive him and move forward. I also for the first time could say the name of my h’s OW. I forgave her too. I just wanted to be the best person I could be for God and knew my life was going to be ok and I was going in a different direction.

Now I wasn’t exactly thinking we were getting back together, in fact we were working towards next steps and how to handle everything . Well in walks h 1 week ago and he was home again. Now I certainly wasn’t into having my h go back and forth and back and forth with OW. This wasn’t going to be happening again and again. Now God knew what was on my heart. I prayed to God and said I can’t do this God I can’t. I can’t be with my h and have him going back and forth with OW. In my mind, I knew for whatever reason my h couldn’t completely let go of OW. I told God I need to end this marriage. Well God had me pray Saturday evening for breaking of a soul tie with my h and OW. I looked up soul ties on the internet and I prayed that this soul tie would be broken forever. God also had me pray for OW. I wasn’t sure what, so I prayed again this soul tie would be broken for good. Also peace came to mind, so I prayed that she would have peace and that she would find someone else to be with. This was actually a liberating moment for me.

What happened next would forever change my life. This past Sunday h received news that OW had passed away, 6 hours after I prayed for her. She was younger than my h and so this was very unexpected. We don’t really know the final cause of death, but I guess it really doesn’t matter anyway. I believe this was divine intervention and God allowed this to happen. I can only hope that she found God in her last hour of life.

I feel saddened that her life ended with such a short time on this earth, but with these turn of events there has been a huge shift in my relationship with my h. We are dedicated and committed to healing our marriage and putting our family back together. H and I are on fire for God and are allowing God to lead our lives. I couldn’t feel better about my direction and place on this earth. I have peace about our marriage and am hopeful for the first time we can actually make it work. My h is doing great. It’s as if a burden has been lifted from his shoulders and the depression that consumed him for the past 4 years has simply disappeared. It’s as if he is a new person. I personally think the evil spirits that consumed my h for so long died right along with OW. I don’t even have the words to describe our life now. God knew exactly what we needed to restore our marriage.

This post isn’t about what anyone else should be doing, but a testament of the power of prayer. My heart goes out to all of you that find yourself on this board. It isn’t by any means an easy walk. I thank God every day that he was walking this journey with me. I couldn’t have survived it without him.

Praise God he is an awesome God.

God Bless!

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"
S
S
Wow! The Lord is Great that is for sure. If it had not been for God, I would not have made I t thru my divorce. There would be times that I would be housecleaning ad I would have to drop to my knees and pray because the Holy Spirit was on me. My brother called me a few weeks before my xh left me and asked me if everything was ok. He knew something was gonna happen because he felt God was telling him so. We prayed hat my family would be ok. About three weeks my xh left me.
I grew close to God and he provided for me. God gave me a message by someone that the worst was yet to come but if I put it in his hands, I would be well please. That, believe was before my divorce, before my son left to live with his dad and not speak to me, before my xh remarried his 26 yr old gf.
I know the Lord will stand by our side if we give him the chance. Draw near to him and he will draw near to you.
I am in a relationship right one and need Gods guidance. I want his will to be done. I love this man very much but he isnt an affectionate person which Is totally opposite of me. I need the Lords guidance. Please remember me when you pray.

Hugs,
Renee

M:20yrs/together 21yrs
Bomb:9/08 ILYBNILWY
Sep:9/18/08 "ow" :25
Filed:11/18/08
D:12/8/08
M:Different 26 yr. old 7/09.
Newborn 4/10
P
P
This is truly something that I try to do. But when I ask God to take care of XH, to help him face his demons, I feel as if I am whining. I should be thanking God for all his blessings instead of asking for newer and better things.

I don't know if this is a hang up from childhood or what. Anyone with suggestions? I know my XH is full to the brim of demons. When I CAN get him to look at me, it's not even his eyes looking back. Honestly.

ME: 54
Him: 51
M: 20 years T: 21 years
OW/New wife: 36
Sons & Daughters: 7 (ages 24-36)
Bomb: March 4, 2010
He Filed: April 28, 2010
I Contested: May 1, 2010
Standing Down: 11/24/10
Divorced : 05/04/2011
I
I
Amazing story Glamgirl........the power of prayer is very effective....but we must pray everyday.......it is the only way we can survive this journey..may God bless you and your husband all the days of your life.....to GOD be all the glory...Irma

Done 01/2014
G
OP Offline
G
Sunshine, keep praying and hopefully God will answer your prayers about your current relationship. I like how you said draw near to him, it's when we are at our darkest hour that he has come through for me.

Punkin, I always pray from my heart and let God worry about if it's the right prayer. He will tell you if you should be praying something different. I prayed almost daily for God to bring my h home. It came to me loud and clear to stop praying for my h to come home, but pray for his salvation and casting out demons. Even when he came home I wasn't ready to accept my h. God still had much work to do on me. I can now see why this took so long for my h to return. He wasn't ready neither was I. It wasn't until I allowed God to work on my inner soul that I was ready. All on God's timeing. I know that well now.

Irma, yes we must pray daily. I can't say I was the best at that, but God is showing me how much better my life can be if I seek his guidance on a daily basis and allow God to guide and direct my life.

Hugs!

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

L
L
GlamGirl,

I am very inspired by your story! I too pray daily for H and his salvation as well as the restoration of my marriage. I also know that God has to work on my and make me ready for the return of my spouse. I pray that my spouse with be remorseful to God before he comes home. This all being said, I know this will take a tremendous amount of time. God is teaching me patience and I am willing to sit back and allow Him to mold me to be a servant of God and wait for the restoration of my marriage. I am positive this is a spiritual warfare and believe that only God can make things happen. I trust Him and only Him to guide me.

Thank you for sharing your story! God Bless you and your husband. Please remember to pray for us.

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20
H gone 11/9/10 lives w/OW

When you forgive,you heal. When you let go,you grow. When you cry to God, you surrender. When you love unconditionally, you show others Christ's love.
A
A
Your story is amazing, Glamgirl. I too believe in the power of prayer. In my relationship with H, we had always been close to God. When I first met H, I heard a voice tell me he was going to be important in my life, and true enough, we ended up married. We prayed to ask for our child, God told me she would be a girl, and would be the only one, and so is it.

One day in church I was kneeling and thanking God for my beautiful life when the thought that something would go wrong with our life crossed my mind. True enough, in a few months time H dropped the bomb. Somehow, through His guidance, I found the book by MWD and this site, and with the help of friends here managed to survive.

Many times God told me what to do and like you, I later on saw how He took care of me. I know this is all happening for a reason, there are lessons to be learned by both of us, and although at times faith wavers, and it is so hard to let go, stories like yours keep us going.

My latest encounter with God was when I was asking for a turning point, a miracle, and when I read the Bible, the date April 5th popped out to me. What happened then was that we found out around that date that my daughter was cutting herself. But out of that incident my H made a big turnaround and started to work on reviving a friendly and comfortable relationship with me, which so far has been working well. This is the longest we have gone without any major breakdowns and backslides, and daily our comfort levels with each other increases, including our relationship with D.

One of the things that I strive for is to really know how to listen to God. Sometimes I pray and then ask Him to guide me to a page or passage in the Bible (like the April 5th date), sometimes I have a sudden thought which I know is from Him, sometimes I even hear a voice (very rare, only once or twice in my life), and sometimes it is through other people (My D12, she gives me advice which is surprising for her age, then she tells me she does not know where it came from, just that it enters her head). I am afraid to miss His messages, when I am not listening, or when my life is doing well and I become lazy to pray.

How did it happen for you?

Punkin, I also felt that I was whining, but the Bible tells us to ask. I now ask for specific things, and always just stipulate that of course, it all depends upon His will, in the end, but that those where what I really wanted. Some of the verses are: Matthew 7:7-8 says "Ask, and it will be given to you... and Mark 11:24 says "all things for which you pray and ask,believe that you have received them..." and many others.

I still have so many things to pray for. I pray also thatH will love me again, that OW and H ties will be broken, that our family will remain together for always, that D won't be hurt any further.

Pray for us too, Glamgirl. I think you have a hotline to God!

Me:49 H:45 D:12 M:14 T:18
Bomb: 6/26/10
EA: 9/3/10, fizzled out slowly, now ???
11/5/11 Retrouvaille
Finally piecing....
Its peaceful at last, but we got a looong way to go
G
OP Offline
G
Lorie you are so right. You need to be ready for the return of your spouse and this is the hard part. You want them to return so bad, but then God could have a different plan for your life.

For me, I was so focused on having my h return that I couldn't really listen to what God was trying to tell me. The wait was so long for my h to return and then when he returned I wasn't anywhere near ready, but God has paved that way for restoration now. It's like we both are on cloud 9.

Angel that is great that you have a deep relationship with God. You are so right, when we feel that our lives are going good we can get lazy and then forget to pray or put God on the back burner. I am guilty of that as well. I am standing strong now though all that he has given me in the past few months I don't ever want to take my eye off God again.

My walk with God too has been a rocky one. I was raised with going to church, but then my mother passed away when I was in high school and it was at that time I no longer believed in God.

Well as I fell on hard times in my life I turned to God. I spent much time reading the bible, having home bible studies and strengthened my walk with God.

God speaks to me at times through visions. I am a visionary as a person, so this makes total sense to me. He has also given me messages for others. It is only when I am really close to him though that he gives me these messages.

With all that I have been through in the past years, I spent much time seeking out God and I feel he restored what was lost in my life. Even though much time passed without my h and my marriage in turmoil in one full sweep God restored it all. I can't really fully describe to anyone how alive I am today. I was a depressed person just going through the motions of life.

Today I am so full of life, nothing can break me down now, but I give all the glory to God.

I am just so full of joy and can't wait to see what is in store for my life. Anything is possible with God!

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

S
S
Glamgirl that is so wonderful! God is an awesome God isn't he.

I stopped praying as much for my xh when he remarried. I was so hoping he would come home. When he didn't I gave up. I should have never stopped praying for him, I should have prayed for his salvation most of all.
It has been over two yrs since our divorce. I feel God is still working on me and making me a better stronger person everyday.
It can be hard to pray for your xh's new wife, but I try to pray for them both.
I don't know what God has in store for my future or my xh's, but I do know he doesn't need my help in figuring It out. He is in control!
I do know this though.....without daily prayer life is much harder.

Keep praying no matter what!

Hugs,
Renee

M:20yrs/together 21yrs
Bomb:9/08 ILYBNILWY
Sep:9/18/08 "ow" :25
Filed:11/18/08
D:12/8/08
M:Different 26 yr. old 7/09.
Newborn 4/10
G
OP Offline
G
Sunshine that is the difficult part of life. He want our lives one way, when in fact God may have a whole new version of your life.

Sometimes it comes down to acceptance. You have no idea what God has in store for you TODAY. You won't know that until you continue on life. Then it may just hit you and you say wow now I understand why that marriage ended and God didn't restore it.

This is my second marriage. I didn't understand why God didn't restore my first marriage, but later on in life I understood. It may come like that for you later.

Yes, keep the faith you are a better and stronger person today. Also, remember God gave us free will. Along with that free will we can be dissappointed and hurt over and over, but that is life.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12