Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2148201 04/19/11 08:14 PM
D
deb13 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Wow! I am on Spring Break and took some time to go back and re-read some of the old threads on here. Isn't it amazing how the times have changed for so many of us?!!? LOTS of "new" names...a few "old" ones, yet so many similar stories.

Life has certainly changed for me since I first came here. For those of you who remember us, Bill and I will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary the end of June! We have actually been living in the same house for 9 months, now (after 2 years of living apart). Life is great!

As I read back over the posts from those past years, I was actually able to laugh at some of the things I wrote. How much I have grown since that time! (At least, I like to think I have...LOL) I definitely learned a lot of lessons from all that I went through. And, to be where I am now, it was worth the pain.

I have said this before, but the greatest advice I could pass on to anyone else, is to be patient and stay true to yourself. Stop and take a look at yourself and see the changes that you need to make and do them...not to please someone else, but to please yourself. True happiness is found within! You have to be happy with who you are, don't depend on someone else to make you happy.

Love is truly a gift to be treasured and nourished. And, I am so thankful that God blessed me with a wonderful, caring man to share my love, and my life, with.

I know there are lots of people on this board who are hurting right now. I have been in your shoes. I have felt your pain. And, I wish I could take it all away for you. Just take each day one step at a time and know that the pain won't last forever. The future is yours! Let the ones who have walked your path guide you and help you.

deb

PS...I am so glad I did NOT settle!! smile

M:June 28,2008
H:Awesome Man!
S:28
SS:25
SS:21
D:19
S:16

"Love Never Fails!"

"God doesn't take anything out of our lives without replacing it with something far better." -Billy Graham
J
J
Good to see you Deb, glad everything is going so well.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

D
deb13 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks, Jack! I hope you are doing well!

M:June 28,2008
H:Awesome Man!
S:28
SS:25
SS:21
D:19
S:16

"Love Never Fails!"

"God doesn't take anything out of our lives without replacing it with something far better." -Billy Graham
J
J
Things are going great!

Somehow, a few days ago, while driving my sunroof exploded, basically the truck in front of me threw a perfect stone.

I told my friend about it, he said that's a 1 in a million chance.

My response:

Well I always aim to be that 1%.

: )

Please tell Bill I said Hi!

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard