`Cause I'm better than you
It's the way that I move
The things that I do
I entertain by picking brains
Sell my soul by dropping names
I don't like those, my God, what's that
Oh it's full of nasty habits when the bitch gets back

The Bitch is Back....

I'm here for suggestions..maybe someone here has run into the same problem..the what for's, why's and how comes don't really matter..so here's the deal..Caleigh starts kindergarten this next year..so the parenting plan must change..I now have her every other week Wednesday-Sunday...but once she starts school that won't work..throw in the fact that Kim has decided that she is going to have to take a job in Raleigh NC which is 3.5 hours from me..sooooooo..My time gets cut from 108 days a year to (Kim's proposal) 81 days...she has siad verbally that she wants the support to stay the same as it was...if she presses the support can be increased since it's based on time/salary..and all that jazz....so suggestions...folks..I need to keep my time up..I want it closer to 100 days...thanks for the input...or not...

K
K
Hey Mike! Long time no see. I hate to say it, but it looks as if you will need to grab most of your time over the summer and breaks since Kim seems determined to move further away.

I am sure she is thinking 14 hours travelling time is all quality. Sorry she is doing this.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
E
OP Offline
E
Quote:
I am sure she is thinking 14 hours travelling time is all quality.

ahh yes..travel time with a 5 year old is all quality time grin

not only is she requesting visitation changes,,but she has increased the life insurance section for each of us from 200,000 to 250,000...and she has also changed it to where I do not get to count Caleigh on my taxes...ever...

Like I said..."the bitch is back"....all had been going along great too for a long time..

M
M
Oh my......not good news at all Mike. frown So sorry. frown

The only advice I have is call your L pronto! I understand the life insurance request especially since she's making herself increase hers as well. Cost of living only increases.

Now....the tax situation is crazy! As long as you can get at least 100 days a year with Caleigh then you should be able to negotiate for every second year at the very least! 1/3 of the year equals 1/3 of the tax credit IMO.

Again, so sorry she's pulling all this on you. I know how much time with your precious little girl means to you.

You'll get it figured out!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

G
G
Hey Mikey!

Get a lawyer.

In a settlement there's usually a clause about how far away the child can move which leads to renegotiation if the other parent disagrees.

Any thing that Kim 'changes' you have to sign off on.

The increase in life insurance should be for lost support payments in case you die. Nothing to do with Caleigh needing it individually. And this is something that is optional.. something to be negotiated. Find out the standard limits are.

Bill gets to claim my daughter every other year. He provides financial support but little or no time with her, much less visitation with him.

You're not the victim.

HIRE a LAWYER. This is what they're trained to do.

*hugs*

Kathleen

E
OP Offline
E
Quote:
Now....the tax situation is crazy! As long as you can get at least 100 days a year with Caleigh then you should be able to negotiate for every second year at the very least! 1/3 of the year equals 1/3 of the tax credit IMO.

law states that custodial parent gets the exemption..I've got every 3rd year now..My L told me that back in 2008 and i don;t think that has changed..

Just on a side note..the log House we had built.for $122K sitting on two acres of mountain....Her dream log home...well the dream must have ended because now she proclaims it "Redneckville" and has the house up for sale for......wait for it, wait for it....now take a seat and lay a cold wash cloth on your forehead...a whopping $296K....it's been on the market for a while....

E
OP Offline
E
Gypsy...oh yes..I know..she's just negotiating..I've already shot down her first draft..I don't really think it matters..in the original decree we agreed that we would mediate if the plan was to be changed..I think she thinks we can just agree and go before a judge but I don't think that is so..

Quote:
In a settlement there's usually a clause about how far away the child can move which leads to renegotiation if the other parent disagrees.

it's in there and I got that covered..

Quote:
The increase in life insurance should be for lost support payments in case you die. Nothing to do with Caleigh needing it individually. And this is something that is optional.. something to be negotiated. Find out the standard limits are.

I feel ya on that..it's in ours at 200K and that's what we agreed on..since my support is based on time/salary vs. her time/salary..I see no reason to increase the policy..Kim has also said that she will not seek an increase even though my time will be cut when caleigh begins school...

B
B
Mike-

I have primary physical custody and we both have joint legal custody. Even though I am primary we each get to claim one kid on taxes and when the oldest becomes an adult my ex gets to claim the younger one bc he pays child support. So definitely noegotiate on that one.

I hear you, it can be tricky...my ex pays me alimony which is not required but is in the decree per his idea/offer. But if I get pushy on things I know he can go back and renegotiate to take it out. Sometimes it's hard to know how hard to push but you can't let her run the show either...

As far as the distance/move, that stinks. I know you want as much time with your daughter as possible!

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
E
OP Offline
E
If there is an award given out for having the stupidest ex-wife ever please bestow the mofo on me...hells bells..I deserve it..while you're at it I'll take A Red Headed Slut straight up and a frontal lobotomy....I could chew metal and spit lead...

Lord-Give me strength...

M
M
Oh lordy......downhill fast? What crap is she trying to pull now? Something besides the whole moving issue?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard