Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
P
P
In my experience, Old Friends are the Best Friends. In fact, it is my small group of old friends from school ( Back in the Dark ages) that makes my H so angry now. He has always been afraid of what they thought of him, and they never said anything at all!

Perhaps that is the root of why your H didn't visit the friend in the Nursing home. Whether he has said it or not, perhaps he knows the friend disapproves. Just a thought.

C
OP Offline
C
All this talk about old friends is making me want to take a trip to my hometown to see my BFF!!! smile

Kinda gloomy and misty here today...wish I could just cozy up with a good book but have to work at the restaurant tonight. I am hostessing and cocktailing and we have a party of 30 coming in besides the regular business! I am nervous but will get thru it! It is a church group so maybe they won't want to drink? smile

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
C
OP Offline
C
Hello everyone

Thought I would update although there is really not much to report!

The week has gone well...just plugging along working and raising kids!

If you remember H and I traded vehicles so that he could bring us "heating material"...I still have the one he was driving (which was mine before all of this...truck he is driving was my Dad's)...anyway, the plates on it are due to expire this month. I planned to go do that but didn't have a proof of ins card as H paid for that. So, I had to call him and ask for it. He was very nice on the phone...even asked "what's up" rather than the silence I always get after I say "Hi, it's me". Although, he didn't ask about the kids or anything else.

He asked how much the registration was and said he'd drop it by yesterday. The kids were excited to see him! We hung around for awhile but had things to do so were not here when H came. He brought the card, but no money.

He always seems agreeable, willing and helpful on the phone when I ask something of him but it seems like something changes after he hangs up...maybe he "forgets" or is lying to "appease" me or OW chimes in...or...all of the above...definitely having no expectations from him at this time helps!

My SIL (H's sis) dropped me a message asking how we were doing saying she didn't want to be nosy but wanted to know if H is providing for us. She is also upset that he has made no effort to return her calls or visit when she is in town. She sent him a b-day card with money and he didn't acknowledge it or thank her. She offered to help out with anything if we needed it!

Still waiting to hear from my L on a date for our settlement meeting.

Today, I am trying out a new recipe I saw on Rachael Ray and a cake recipe that one of my clients told me about!

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
M
M
Hi CW - Just stopped by to read your update. You sound really good.
Doesn't seem like your H's visit effected you much...and that's good...stay detached.

I see that you and your kids are not the only ones that H has cut off from his life. His sister is suffering the same fate. Not to even acknowledge a card and a gift from her...that must hurt her. Looks like your H is still deep in re-play.

Happy cooking and baking smile

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
H
H
Hi CW,

I agree with Mila, it sounds like his visit didn't upset you! You are doing great!!

Hang in there!!

(((HUGS)))

C
OP Offline
C
Hi Mila and happy!

H's visit didn't bother me cause he came when I wasn't here! lol! laugh

Mila, yes, H is deep in replay.. has pretty much cut off contact with all of his family!

The chicken and cake turned out very well last night!
Today, I went and got the new license plates (very ugly this time), came home and put them on, cleaned, went for a walk and this afternoon, D12 and I went to the library and got library cards...I have been meaning to do that for quite some time now and FINALLY did it! That was my big, exciting Monday!

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
S
S
CW graciously passed on her chicken recipe to me. My D18 made it for us and we had it for supper last night. It was delicious and a bit hit with the entire family!!! Thanks again CW!

(((Hugs)))

C
OP Offline
C
You are very welcome SA!!! Glad they enjoyed it!

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
P
P
Recipe? Did I hear the work Recipe? Gimme, please

G
G
CW,

I have been following along but haven't had a chance to post before today. You are an amazing woman! You just keep putting one foot in front of the other while continuing to make a home and memories for your children. They look so sweet in their photos in the alt. I'm sending you a virtual pat on the back.

Hope you have a good weekend.........and I'll be watching to see if that chicken recipe finds it's way here.

GAG

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard