Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
girlfromipanema #2116682 12/29/10 06:30 AM
K
K
girl,
you will get through apathy and then you may get...mad. Verrry mad. And your H will be there to face all that. How he handles it will be interesting and telling.

If H and OW continue to work together, it wont work. Because you will drive yourself crazy about their encounters and they may go back to reconnecting. So, that is something to think about IMO.

6 years is a long time. He obviously feels it as "normal". You and her are different parts of his life (although it sounds he had managed to have you both mixed and that's weird). I dont think you will ever be able to explain.

I would kick him out. Just to get my act together. Just to see that this is SERIOUS. Sounds like he is downplaying it a bit, no?

My mom had a huge acoustic nevrinoma. We had the surgery in Germany, in a micro neuro center we were advised was the best. She had no side effects. NONE. We were doubting she had that 10 hour operation. She had lost the 50% of her hearing on one ear before the operation and that didnt change. I am sorry for your friend.

Stay strong,
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
Kalni #2116773 12/29/10 06:11 PM
G
OP Offline
G
The most beautiful sound I ever heard:
Maria, Maria, Maria, Maria . . .
All the beautiful sounds of the world in a single word . .
Maria, Maria, Maria, Maria . . .

You are a gem, Maria. My grandfather had a big beautiful booming voice and would sing that to a family friend. I always hear his voice when I think of your name and of you. My grandfather loved things of beauty and I know you and he would have hit it off. He was the loveliest man I've ever known. I miss him.

It absolutely won't do for OW to continue working here. At this moment, I have no intention of quiting my job. I've been here 11 years and I've invested myself into my work as much as I've invested myself into my marriage. I may change my mind in the future, but for today, I'm staying put. As I mentioned before, her desk is completely cleaned out. The only items she left behind are gifts I had given to her over the years when I thought she was a friend.

I did get mad last night and I let my husband feel it. I told him his "don't worry about it" explanation was unacceptable and he asked what was it that I wanted to know. I said, "THE TRUTH." He said he took the items to storage until he figures out if he should donate them or throw them away. I'm waiting for him to reach the point of "Not Just Friends" that goes into the process of getting rid of gifts from the affair partner.

Speaking of the book, he picked it up very briefly last night and then asked me to watch a TV show with him. The show is called "Lie to Me" and it's about a body language expert that reaches the truth through interpreting "microexpressions". It was interesting but I imagine H must have felt uncomfortable because extramarital affairs were brought up, in addition to signs that someone is lying. One expression mentioned was contempt, which is shown with a slight snarl. (As I walked by OW's old desk this morning, I felt an involuntary snarl on my face.)

He started another episode and I felt my irritation and anger roiling and building. I poured myself a glass of wine, grabbed (snatched) the book off the coffee table and went into the backyard. It was pouring rain and I hurled the book into the garden. I felt so irritated and angry that he wasn't showing me his commitment to reading it. After I downed my wine I went back inside and found myself behaving very passive-aggressively - slamming a door, every movement loud and obvious (I know, real mature, huh?). It got his attention. I told him that I reached my limit and needed space from him. I didn't see the effort I needed to see. I won't be investing anymore of myself without getting more than crumbs in return.

He said he was sorry that he didn't always know what steps to take to show me and tell me how he feels. I called him emotionally retarded and told him his actions speak louder than words.

I cried a little and raged a lot. I told him I was tired of showing him empathy. I knew it was what the book told me to do, but I feel innocent this time and I feel he needs to do the 'work'. I told him, "I NEED SPACE FROM YOU!!" He told me he would leave; that he's ruined my life enough already and he can't bear to see me hurting like this but his inability to express himself didn't mean he didn't hate what he's done to me.

More was discussed. I don't even remember now. It feels like the same conversation over and over. The same circle of emotions over and over. I need help in dealing with this.

I told him at that moment, I wasn't ready for him to leave yet; but my feelings could change tomorrow. I want to take my time in processing this, but I do feel it's moving too slow.

After our conversation, I laid down next to him for a few minutes, just to feel something that use to be natural and beautiful. My stomach was hurting from the wine and lack of food (although I forced myself to eat yesterday: a few crackers and a cup of soup), but the wine made me feel icky. I went upstairs to bed. When he came up an hour or so later, I woke to him kissing me on my forehead.

I do believe he feels remorse and I don't believe he's downplaying it, but I don't trust what I feel. When I try to explain the interactions between us, I don't do a very good job of expressing the intensity involved.

My lack of energy over the past few days may be due to forgetting to take my thyroid medicine. My routine has been completely derailed (I almost typed "unrailed", my brain is not functioning!). I keep sleeping past (passed??? - why am I having such a hard time with this word? What is happening to me??!) my alarm and NEED to get back to daily exercise. I must promise myself to start up again tomorrow morning.

M: 37
H: 36
Married: Aug 13, 2004
Decision to Divorce: July 20, 2008
Reconciled: September 2008
Current: Ambivalence
girlfromipanema #2116784 12/29/10 06:47 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Just got a text from my husband:

He wanted to let me know that OW sent him a text saying she has questions and that he would be responding... "when I'm in the mood, not sure when."

What am I supposed to do with that??

Where are all the old posters who used to help people in the infidelity forum? Why do I feel so ALONE???

girlfromipanema #2116791 12/29/10 07:38 PM
G
G

Hey Girl,

"Where are all the old posters who used to help people in the infidelity forum? Why do I feel so ALONE???"

Many of the old posters have gone to a different site.

I'm with K, this lather, rinse, repeat is going to have an adverse effect on your health, both mentally & physically.

It's time to stop the cycle & take yourself out of the equation.

He is not going to make a choice if he can get by with continuing on without having to.

Time to girl up with him & go plan B, before more damage is done.

I know you can do this...

Sunny

Date of separation 4/23/07

DB under Warm&Sunny 4/07

married 9 yrs

sons 6yr & 17yr
Generosity #2116799 12/29/10 07:52 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks, Sunny. I don't know why reading your words have helped give me so much strength, but they have.

I can do this...

xo, R

girlfromipanema #2116807 12/29/10 08:29 PM
Hi girl,

Did he already say he had his last conversation with her? If you want to hold him to that, do so. You are at a good place to set some boundaries. Let him know what you expect. Think about what the consequences would be though. All or nothing, or less than that.

You CAN do this! No doubt.

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
sgctxok #2116826 12/29/10 10:12 PM
D
D
(((((girl)))))
Past. smile

I am getting more convinced that space from him would be a good thing right now, whatever the end result. You are not taking care of yourself, and it's getting to you physically, mentally, and emotionally. Which means that you really are not in a place where you can make good decisions as long as he is there.

He's not ready either. He hasn't figured out that no contact means no contact, not no contact unless she contacts me first.

Six years... I'm just not liking the whole thing.

More huge hugs!

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
desert_rat #2116857 12/30/10 12:15 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: desert_rat
I am getting more convinced that space from him would be a good thing right now, whatever the end result. You are not taking care of yourself, and it's getting to you physically, mentally, and emotionally. Which means that you really are not in a place where you can make good decisions as long as he is there.

THANK YOU. This makes a lot of sense to me. HUGE HUGS back.

girlfromipanema #2116877 12/30/10 01:10 AM
L
L
In my opinion, he needs to send her a "No contact letter". He will never speak to her again, and she is not to contact him for any reason. The letter needs to be OK'ed by you and sent to her, with her knowing that that you are aware of that letter, and he will tell you any time she contacts him.

Lotus #2116886 12/30/10 01:29 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Here is why I have an issue with the no contact letter... and please slap me around if I need to see things differently:

I do not want to force my husband to choose me. I do not want him to make his decision to stay married to me out of obligation or coersion.

I would rather be on my own and alone for the rest of my life than demand he puts effort into our marriage.

Once he does make the concrete decision, then I will ask for no contact and a no contact letter, but until then I'd feel like I was forcing his hand.

Does that make sense?

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard