Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
C
C
I just can't work out on my own -- at least not for more than 10 minutes. A person from church got me going to these 5 a.m. Body Pump and Body Combat classes and I'm finally feeling back in shape -- although I'm beat by 9 p.m.

I really like the girl-guy ratio. Today it was 4-1 women, including this one lady who looks like she's in her early 30s and in awesome shape. She lifted as much as I did on every body part.

I think I need to push myself a little more.

Me: 47, Ds 17-13, D final 6-11
http://tinyurl.com/yk4e2tz
http://tiny.cc/thread2
http://tinyurl.com/ydtphqu
http://tinyurl.com/thread4
http://tinyurl.com/3sm78k6
http://tinyurl.com/thread6
W
W
...and stop comparing myself to others in the class!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
G
G
Anybody doing CrossFit? Sometimes I think I am really insane, but the results are unbelievable. Of course, your diet is 80% of how you look. They want us on the Zone or Paleo diet. I'm pretty good, but yikes! No fun at all. However, cth, I can kick butt with the best of the boys! smile

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
P
P
Yup I was doing CrossFit but I hurt my back trying to deadlift too much and the training i was getting was not rehab specific. Plus now I don't get free membership (I used to help out there lots) so I don't go to my local affiliate. I recently started doing scaled down CrossFit at the gym down the street with one of the mums from work but then I got a DVT so most exercise is on the back burner for me right now. But don't get me wrong, I love it, but I can't stress enough how important it is to do the following in order, mechanics, consistency, intensity! I also love love love CrossFit kids and one of these days I'll get my butt over to the States to do a kids cert. I have done a Level 1 Cert and also Mike Burgener's Oly lifting cert. And I agree, nutrition is 80% of the problem in today's society.

Purple

As soon as you trust yourself you will know how to live. Goethe

W
W
I've been doing Fridgefit for ages...open, close, open, close...it's a complete upper body workout and can be done in the comfort and privacy of your own home. No gym fees or costly equipment to purchase as the fridge came with the apartment. It's all good.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
My trainer writes up my meals and a grocery list for me each week. All whole foods--fruit, vegetables, beef, chicken, eggs, cottage cheese...the only mixing is if I decide to put all my veggies together to heat up. Nothing processed which is always a good thing. I have drastically cut down on the pop/soda I drink, too. I used to drink some every day (like 24 oz). Now I might drink 12 oz a couple times a week...and I eat out maybe once or twice a month instead of 2-4 times a week. And I drink a lot more water.

Exercise wise I am mostly just running at this point. I will add more things when the weather warms up.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well at my weigh in last week I was down 1.5 scale pounds but 4 fat pounds, so that's good...

The past three days I have started crying out of nowhere each day, once or twice. Every time I think I am past this crap it seems to surface again. Hopefully it will pass quickly...last night my D said it makes her sad to 'look all around the house and daddy isn't here'. And my son mentioned out of the blue that whenever their dad takes them home from daycare they drive by my house (which is close by but not on the way so that is weird)...

Stuff like that along with it being the commercial season of love, plus being bitterly cold and snowy for weeks, does not help the mood.

On the positive side I am going out with HG again Saturday. This will be date 8, he has not kissed me yet so we shall see...

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

K
K
Get it over with Bobbi Jo and kiss the guy. It doesn't have to be hot and have just a simple kiss. You both are being so cautious if one of you doesn't so something soon it will end up in the friend zone.

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Oh and my exMil who I talk to a couple times a week and see at least once a week (just saw her last night bc she had the kids for a few hours, it was their dad's night but he was in Canada so I only got a small reprieve), sent me her annual letter.

She sends her letter at Vday instead of Christmas bc she thinks there is already enough to do at Christmas.

Well it was a great letter except it is the first time I did not appear in any form or fashion. Which I guess is to be expected since we are D but it was weird reading the family letter with stuff about Dan and my/our kids and not being part of it. Not sure why she felt the need to send it to me considering.... frown

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

R
R
Hope you and your kids are doing well. Sorry you had to experience the hurt of reading the vday letter. We can always count on God to love us. Thank God we have our kids to love us too.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard